Mediaocean

Updated January 29, 2015
4.3

Mediaocean CEO Bill Wise
Bill Wise

Pros
  • Compared to other software companies, there's a great work/life balance in the sense that there's no ball pit to try and make you stay 19 hours (in 4 reviews)

• AWESOME company events and free breakfast (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • many lazy people that spend time complaining and talking about how great it was in the "old days" (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

I can't imagine working anywhere else ever again!

Current Employee - Support Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Support Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fun and relaxed office environment. In depth training, amazing co-workers and managers. Room for advancement. Great perks which includes: breakfast (with omelet stations), massages , Manicures, Happy Hours, etc, just amazing stuff! - New beautiful NY modern offices. Very competitive salary.

Everyone is friendly and happy and have an amazing sense of belonging and community. My bosses are great and I have learned so much working here.!

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Programming Manager
    Current Employee - Programming Manager

I have been working at Mediaocean

Pros

Company is the leader in the Advertising Agency Software Industry and they constantly upgrade to use new technology. Very family friendly, lots of activities to make it a fun place to work. CEO is down to earth, willing to listen to everyone's suggestions and is always upbeat and positive. He makes everyone want to work hard to make sure the company is as successful as possible.

Cons

Would like to have company match on 401K

Keep up to company meetings, they are extremely informative to the employees.

Swimming towards Greatness!

Current Employee - Support Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working at Mediaocean for over 4 Years now and each year is better than the last!

-Work with a great group of people on a daily basis.
    -Great work atmosphere.
    -Amazing New Office in a prime location.
    - Very effective Senior Management, especially the CEO.
    - Personable CEO interacts with all the Staff.

Cons

-Look to Promote from within.
    -Contribute to Employee 401K

Keep doing what you are doing!

Rewarding experience with Mediaocean on all levels.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Mediaocean

Pros

Aside from the variety of work assignments, the people are wonderful, and this includes management. The company is very people oriented and they follow through on that. Bill Wise has implemented a set of core values and one of those is fun. We have yoga classes, monthly lunches, and various company events throughout the year. The management listens to ideas and will make every effort to guarantee a positive and learning work environment.

Cons

Challenges as with most jobs is the ability to find the time to get all the work done. But on the other hand, that is good, as there is never a dull moment.

My advice is to continue doing what you are doing. The effort to provide leadership and maintain a high level of morale has paid off.

The best company I've ever worked at!

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean

Pros

Mediaocean has the best company work life/culture I've ever worked at. I've worked at many other large companies where the upper management and even supervisors didn't care about employee well-being. That's not the case here. I feel comfortable chatting with all levels of management including CEO, Directors, SVP's and VP's. Tremendous room for growth, and encouraged between departments. Management is ALWAYS trying to improve, expand and listen to employee needs and recommendations. Perks are awesome, including on-site manicures/massages once a week, as well as weekly workout classes such as Yoga & Zumba to promote employee health! Overall, hands down the best company I've ever been a part of.

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Awesome Company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Mediaocean

Pros

Great people, challenging work, fun environment, Awesome executive team.

Cons

Nothing immediately comes to mind.

Keep the open communication flowing and continue to promote the Mediaocean culture.

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Mediaocean begins and ends with people - I work with people that I want to be around day in and day out. They are intelligent, driven and collaborative. It's a high energy environment and the dynamic media industry. The tone is set from at the executive level - an entrepreneurial spirit where we work hard and have fun. Goals and vision for the company are shared with all employees and notable happenings are communicated through e-mail, company wide meeting and weekly updates.

There is a genuine effort to provide a positive working environment and perks to folks - a wellness series, yoga, zumba, perks program, company breakfasts and a perks program.

New office space rocks!

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Folks really appreciate the open line of communication on company initiatives, goals and news via all hands and updates and the management team's presence in the office. Keep it up!

My work experience has been very rewarding in every aspect.

Current Employee - Support Specialist II in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Support Specialist II in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean

Pros

My company has set up a wonderful environment for their employees, from leadership, compensation, and time-off. They really care about the employees, and want them to have the best work experience possible from encouraging room to grow, to many incentives.

Cons

There are really no cons.

NA

A genuinely cool place to work!

Current Employee - Support & Training in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Support & Training in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This is truly a cool place to work and you will indeed work, but you will not do it alone. Collaboration and teamwork is woven into the DNA of Mediaocean. Whether you are in a corner office or a cubicle, the exchange of knowledge flows freely between employees and customers. To that end, the company does an outstanding job recruiting and hiring talented individuals that will excel in our dynamic environment. Mediaocean isn't all work and no play though, there are many "perks", feeling tired or stressed take advantage of in house yoga classes, a massage, or get a mani/pedi. Other things to look forward to are company sponsored breakfasts, onsite happy hours, Foosball/Ping Pong tournaments, and an overall amazing work-space. You won't regret becoming part of Team Mediaocean.

Cons

No designated sick/bereavement time offered

Overall I think that you are doing a great job, to ensure that you stay in touch with the pulse of the employee conduct more surveys or provide a way for anonymous feedback.

Mediaocean Response

Jan 27, 2015HR Business Partner, HRIS

Thank you for highlighting three of our Brand Values: Passion, Unity, and Having Fun!
    As you mention, we work hard and play hard here at Mediaocean. We also know how important it is for employees
    ... More

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Client Service in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Service in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work with lots of smart, friendly, super helpful people. Great, fun environment, and challenging work in an interesting industry.
    Company offers lots of perks for employees - great events/parties, happy hours, etc. Beautiful office space!
    Management encourages a work/life balance - almost unheard of at so many places!

Cons

For all the perks, a lot of benefits have also been reduced/eliminated... i.e there is no retirement benefit anymore (no 401k matching contributions, or profit sharing plan of any kind), healthcare premiums have become super expensive as it appears the company is covering a lot less of the premium.

Furthermore, raises/salary increases are becoming more and more rare. If you're taking/reducing benefits, raises should help offset that for your employees. So much money seems to be spent on the office space and company perks, but a decent raise could really make employees feel valued.

Offer raises to employees. Offer real opportunities for advancement.
    Keep up the good work with the better communication from management - quarterly all hands, etc.