Medica
www.medica.com Minnetonka, MN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Medica Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2014
Medica – Minnetonka – “Medica Campus”

Medica President and CEO David Tilford

David Tilford

Great place to work!

ProsMedica is a great place to work! People are friendly, benefits are great, PTO is generous. Values employees and work/life balance was great! Lots of room to move around.

ConsCan be segmented and the approval process is long and tedious. There are a lot of executives.

Great

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGreat place, great people,good pay

ConsThe metrics and stupid meetings

A nice company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOverall, this is a good company to work for. It's large enough to have some opportunity (if not for promotion, an opportunity to learn new skills) and small enough that people know each others' names.

ConsIt depends upon the area you are working in, but opportunity for advancement can be quite limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for ways to keep your talented employees. Many have left because there is not enough opportunity to advance.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Medica, MN

Minnetonka, MN

ProsI like my wage. I like my line of work. I like social opportunities. I like my boss. I like the non cut throat atmosphere. I like my commute.

ConsI like the gym, but I wish it was expanded/ advanced more so. Likewise with the food choices present.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst off, thank you for creating a workplace that I really enjoy. I listed off a bunch of perks that I enjoy, and I listed much fewer/ less significant cons. My advice would be to keep it going.

roller coaster ride

ProsThe health benefits are pretty good

ConsManagement needs a reboot. They choose employees to promote whom have no experience and whom they like instead of the most qualified person for the job. The company needs a real human resource dept.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to stop pushing their already over burdened employees and hire.

I like Medica

Minnetonka, MN

ProsI thought Medica was a nice place to spend my time. I am always able to leave my job and make it home at the same time every day. My family supports Medica too as I always am able to make time for them on weekdays and weekends.

ConsI have not made too many friends/connections outside of my department.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to advance and develop Medica further, while maintaining the great work-life balance.

Great company. Focus is on the member as well as employee growth and quality of life.

ProsThey consider work-life balance and give opportunity for learning and autonomy if you show your value, listen to and work with feedback and work hard.

ConsThere can be a bit of ambiguity in decision making and direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespond to questions in a timely fashion especially as it relates to internal and external customer issues. Give clear direction

Satisfied with Colleagues and Company

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Minnetonka, MN

ProsI worked on the Regulatory Quality team and was able to provide some meaningful data with requirement/reporting side of it all. I enjoyed the analytics and the team I was assigned to work with.

ConsIt was tough keeping with the changes accompanied by the ACA this past year. I felt like a lot of employees were affected by this.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have to agree with improving the cafeteria. I want to look forward to the lunch hour.

Dynamic Leadership

Minnetonka, MN

ProsMedica is under great leadership. Very innovative company with user friendly services. Management reaches out to all employees on a regular basis- creates a sense of community. My boss (director of my department) is an extraordinary man who leads great weekly meetings and makes work worthwhile for me.

ConsThe number of jobs available is limited due to the nature of Medica.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep interacting with your employees, create even more company events, continue what you are doing.

Very Positive Experience

Minnetonka, MN

ProsBuilt some lifelong relationships with clients and brokers.
    Effective new-hire training program.
    Gained knowledge of insurance industry, insurance products, and financials
    Skills are very transferrable

ConsIncreasing work demands. I felt like I was always behind at work- very overwhelming. I wish I would have had a helpful mentor when I first came here.

Advice to Senior ManagementLets see an improved mentor program for new hires. If I would have had an effective mentor I feel like I would have a better understand of my priorities & less overall stress.

Worked for Medica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Medica CEO David Tilford. All 43 reviews posted anonymously by Medica employees.