Medical Center of Central Georgia

Medical Center of Central Georgia Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Use to be really awesome, however recently we seem to be losing some keys physicians and suregeons due to dissatisfactio

ProsBroad Spectrum of experience Lots of different areas to work in, therefore lots of opportunities

ConsLoss of funds has made the place more difficult to provide excellent care

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider making the physicians happier.

Working at MCCG has been average.

ProsThey are good in their industry.

ConsThe company is constantly in a state of uncertainty.

Worst hospital experience I've had

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Macon, GA

ProsThe only good thing I have to say is that my work hours where flexible compared to other places I have worked.

ConsManagement doesn't know what they are doing. They punish you when patients actually praise you and want to have you take care of them again and they encourage giving no to little pain medication for those who need it. A lot of favoritism occurs at this hospital, it is extremely stressful. I do not recommend this hospital. Some nursing management have lost their license to practice and for that reason they have been promoted so they do not lose their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep down.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Proceed with caution!! I worked at the Medical Center for 5 years.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Macon, GA

ProsThere are tons of good people working within this organization geared towards improving patient satisfaction.

ConsManagement seems out of touch with employees and needs some additional training. There is a major breakdown in communication between management and employees. The new CEO is trying to make changes but this place had been this way for so long, she has her work cut of for her.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement within certain areas really need to spend more time in the areas that they manage. How can you rate someone on performance when you do not know what they do? You really need to become more in tune with employees and communicate more on what is truly expected. Start treating your employees more fairly and let those that work hard know that you appreciate them. Stop picking favorites and provide more to those that really do not get the job done.

The OR is the greatest department in whole hospital

Operating Room RN (Current Employee) Macon, GA

ProsGreat management team, friendly atmosphere, plenty of learning opportunities

ConsA few bad apples but management is definitely trimming the trees

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with the weed-eating. Fabulous job so far

Management needs training, especially with people skills

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Macon, GA

ProsThere are a lot of opportunities to make overtime

ConsHired to work on one floor but send employees to unfamiliar floors to cover because the other floors need help

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair with all employees

It was alright except for a certain person in management that person is horrible & really not suited for the job.

OR Technician (Former Employee) Macon, GA

ProsLearning different surgeries is great especially for a person who's coming in straight out of school because they're very limited surgeries that a person is allowed to participate in.

ConsNot being told exactly what you need to do especially if our name is not on the board to be in a room.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better person to oversee the day to day operation of the OR.

Great working environment and good people!

Medical Editor (Current Employee) Macon, GA

Prosgood communication between personnel, nice people, nice environment to work

Consneed more training opportunities to help current employees move up in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some things to help current employees progress in the company

Proceed with caution

Surgical Tech (Current Employee) Macon, GA

ProsTeaching hospital, location, diverse experience levels.

ConsNo raises, management sucks, most surgeons are not nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop threatening to send people home and fire them.

Lead Carpenter for Maintenance and special projects

Lead Carpenter (Current Employee) Macon, GA

ProsI was able to use my skills, I was able to think out side the box. I worked around some wonderful people.

Consunsafe environment with lack of supervision, Upper management wanted to stay clueless to the projects that really needed someone to watch over. Work load was placed in the hands of the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved and don't act so scared to make a decision.

Worked for Medical Center of Central Georgia? Contribute to the Community!