Medical Center of Central Georgia

CEO

Medical Center of Central Georgia

Former Employee - CPOE Instructor  in  Macon, GA
    Former Employee - CPOE Instructor in Macon, GA

I worked at Medical Center of Central Georgia as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The medical staff is professional and works well as a team. The doctors are compassionate as a whole and are tuff but fair.

Cons

The doctors there expect the best effort from all staff. At times this can be a bit frustrating but then that is why this hospital is one of the best.

Management, has a huge burden and has to constantly stay ahead of the problems. There is not much I know to advise them but I might suggest spending more time learning from those whom they manage. Be observant of the what is required to complete their task list.

Excellent company, wonderful benefits. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to expand their career.

Current Employee - Ultrasound
    Current Employee - Ultrasound

I have been working at Medical Center of Central Georgia full-time

Pros

Atmosphere, coworkers, time off, benefits package.

Cons

Pay could be better. Slightly less than average. Not the best city to live in

improve wages.

Not a supportive environment

Current Employee - Adjunct Staff  in  Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Adjunct Staff in Macon, GA

I have been working at Medical Center of Central Georgia part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The pay is decent and it has maintained financial stability over the years.

Cons

Management takes a reactionary approach to incidents and does not think things through or consult clinical staff in decision making. Very dictatorial environment. No compassion or empathy for its employees.

Talk to the people on the ground who actually perform the day to day tasks in evolved in a process BEFORE changing policies.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Use to be really awesome, however recently we seem to be losing some keys physicians and suregeons due to dissatisfactio

I have been working at Medical Center of Central Georgia as a contractor

Pros

Broad Spectrum of experience Lots of different areas to work in, therefore lots of opportunities

Cons

Loss of funds has made the place more difficult to provide excellent care

Consider making the physicians happier.

Working at MCCG has been average.

I have been working at Medical Center of Central Georgia

Pros

They are good in their industry.

Cons

The company is constantly in a state of uncertainty.

Worst hospital experience I've had

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Macon, GA

I worked at Medical Center of Central Georgia full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only good thing I have to say is that my work hours where flexible compared to other places I have worked.

Cons

Management doesn't know what they are doing. They punish you when patients actually praise you and want to have you take care of them again and they encourage giving no to little pain medication for those who need it. A lot of favoritism occurs at this hospital, it is extremely stressful. I do not recommend this hospital. Some nursing management have lost their license to practice and for that reason they have been promoted so they do not lose their jobs.

Step down.

Proceed with caution!! I worked at the Medical Center for 5 years.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

I worked at Medical Center of Central Georgia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are tons of good people working within this organization geared towards improving patient satisfaction.

Cons

Management seems out of touch with employees and needs some additional training. There is a major breakdown in communication between management and employees. The new CEO is trying to make changes but this place had been this way for so long, she has her work cut of for her.

Management within certain areas really need to spend more time in the areas that they manage. How can you rate someone on performance when you do not know what they do? You really need to become more in tune with employees and communicate more on what is truly expected. Start treating your employees more fairly and let those that work hard know that you appreciate them. Stop picking favorites and provide more to those that really do not get the job done.

Management needs training, especially with people skills

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Macon, GA

I have been working at Medical Center of Central Georgia full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities to make overtime

Cons

Hired to work on one floor but send employees to unfamiliar floors to cover because the other floors need help

Be fair with all employees

The OR is the greatest department in whole hospital

Current Employee - Operating Room RN  in  Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Operating Room RN in Macon, GA

I have been working at Medical Center of Central Georgia full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great management team, friendly atmosphere, plenty of learning opportunities

Cons

A few bad apples but management is definitely trimming the trees

Keep up with the weed-eating. Fabulous job so far

It was alright except for a certain person in management that person is horrible & really not suited for the job.

Former Employee - OR Technician  in  Macon, GA
    Former Employee - OR Technician in Macon, GA

I worked at Medical Center of Central Georgia full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learning different surgeries is great especially for a person who's coming in straight out of school because they're very limited surgeries that a person is allowed to participate in.

Cons

Not being told exactly what you need to do especially if our name is not on the board to be in a room.

Get a better person to oversee the day to day operation of the OR.

Worked for Medical Center of Central Georgia? Contribute to the Community!