Medical Center of Plano

Employment Status

Reset
CEO

1. interview

Pros

Best place to work. Good Co workers

Cons

Poor management. Benefits not that great

2. Not Worth It

Pros

I dearly loved my co-workers. Having 4 days off is always nice, if you can get it. It's good to know you did something to truly help someone else.

Cons

The umbrella company over this hospital is one of the lowest paying companies in the industry. They will monopolize your time as much as possible. The pressure from the top to cut costs (under staffing based on their "grid") makes for an unsafe environment and over worked employees. This should NEVER be the case when you have someone's life in your hands.

Advice to Management

The bottom line is not all that matters in this industry. take care of your employees and your patients before you worry about your bonuses.

RN

Former Employee - Staff RN in Plano, TX

I worked at Medical Center of Plano (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked on unit that was team oriented Best Manager at TMCP. Great co workers. Great Hospitalists. Most MD's are kind and considerate and will listen to suggestions given by RN

Cons

Poor benefit package and expensive. No upper management support. Salary below average for North Texas. No communication from MD to MD making job less effective for nurse. Waste valuable time trying to get info from other depts. including surgery.ER not cooperative with nursing units. short triage time but long wait time to see physician. Many days 12hr shift with no lunch break but must clock out for 30 min to make it look like you had a break

Advice to Management

Follow a RN for a week to get a better understanding of what the job really is. Not just reading job description. Be aware very few uninterrupted lunch breaks.

5. RN

I have been working at Medical Center of Plano full-time

Pros

great team to work with

Cons

cant think of any right now

6. RN

Former Employee - Staff RN in Plano, TX

Pros

401 K matches $1 for dollar up to 3% initially, and then increases every 5 years. Short term disability policy is free and helpful if you have to have surgery.

Cons

They pay below average for the area. I received a huge raise after leaving my position there. Unfortunately, the management there is terrible which is the true problem. They manage by intimidation from the bottom on up straight to the CNO. They like to say they are a Magnet Facility, but in reality they don't treat their nurses that way. I worked there for over 10 years and in the end had to leave because I found them to be a very unethical organization that cares less about their patients than they do about their profits. Unfortunately HCA as a whole cares very little about their employees or longevity. They cut benefits and pay with very little notice or an apology. I can't recommend this hospital as an employer if you'd like to be treated well or prefer to work for an ethical organization that rewards nurses for advocating for their patients.

Advice to Management

Stop telling lies. I honestly don't know how you all sleep at night.

7. It USED to be great

Former Employee - Staff RN in Plano, TX

I worked at Medical Center of Plano full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good to gain experience, lots of different types of patients, good tuition reimbursement, some learning opportunities

Cons

Takes FOREVER to get decisions made (over a year to move a linen cart), administration makes lots of promises and fulfills very few, willing to write you up for small mistakes in favor of government initiatives instead of what's right for the individual patient- even tried to write me up for something I documented PRIOR to receiving education to document otherwise...... I've heard they've realky declined SEVERELYsince I've left, especially the 7th floor- favoring young nurses (who lack appropriate experience) for management.....

Advice to Management

Work on employee recognition, appreciation, and retention. Follow through on promises and if you are going to have peer interviews, actually listen to what the peers have to say.....

8. Pleasant place to work, people were always nice!

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Medical Center of Plano full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People work as a team especially when push comes to shove.

Cons

Need more staff. Acuit was not figured into nurse patient ratio

Advice to Management

Continue being good leaders and stick up for your staff...hear them and make sure their points are valid.

9. Great place to work. IT Management is awesome.

Pros

Great support system, company investes in their employees.

Cons

Competitive salary pay for the area could be better.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your staff and keep up the great work.

10. Pretty good Medical Center

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Plano, TX

Pros

Good pay, lots of good people.

Cons

Always busy and strict schedules

11. Very good experience

Current Employee - Clinical in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical in Plano, TX

Pros

Great staff, very knowledgeable, great cafeteria!

Cons

Sometimes short staffed, but still super effective care.

RSS Feed </> Embed