Medical City Dallas Hospital

Updated March 29, 2015
17 reviews filtered by
2.7
CEO

1. Great work atmosphere. Great team work!

I have been working at Medical City Dallas Hospital

Pros

Leaders are seen and easily available if an appointment is made.
    There a genuine air of cooperation in leadership!

Cons

Pay not competitive.
    a lot of check lists, instead of teaching the why

Still think staff are not leaving for pay, let's pay the staff what they are worth and they will stay and come back

2. Only cared about the bottom line

I worked at Medical City Dallas Hospital

Pros

My coworkers were nice and that was it

Cons

Barely made a paycheck since a family of 3 cost 400 a paycheck for insurance and it still was a crappy plan

Take a look at your turnover rate and when a floor gives you a bad review don't try to make them feel bad

3. Excellent peer group that tried to work through organizational insufficiencies.

Former Employee - Cardiovascular Technologist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Cardiovascular Technologist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Medical City Dallas Hospital full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The direct patient care employees are awesome. Everyone has the same thing in mind and that is a good patient outcome.

Cons

Management forgets that the business side has to come second, and operate the facility like more of a bank instead of a hospital.

Remember patient care standards.

5. Loss of benefits and support as staff RN.

I worked at Medical City Dallas Hospital

Pros

Lots of schedule flexibility in my department. Excellent nurses and colleagues.

Cons

Shift differential has been reduced for benefited employees and taken away for PRN staff. CE incentives have been reduced. Merit raises are 1% or less. Overall pay is low instead of being competitive. Amount of sick days are being heavily penalized. All the perks and incentives are either reduced or no longer exist. It has been getting worse the past 3years.

You are losing staff and/or staff morale due to reducing or discontinuing shift differential pay, CE reimbursement/bonuses, and merit raises. Most nurses I work with are very dissatisfied working at MCD after being there for 10+years. You cannot trim the budget anymore and retain staff. Reinstate some monetary perks and you may see a positive change.

6. Great experience. I loved the environment!

I worked at Medical City Dallas Hospital

Pros

Good benefits if you are a full time employee. They even pay for nursing school if you work there.

Cons

A lot of the jobs are PRN ( as needed) it's not easy to find a full time position at least back on 2012.

7. Medical City Dallas Hospital is one of the best employers for growth and advancement...

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Medical City Dallas Hospital full-time

Pros

The growth and advancement opportunities are tremendous. As a member of the management team, there is a great deal of support, continuing education, and demonstration of appreciation. Pay, raises and bonuses are good also. Hard work is greatly rewarded. Training and education plans are the norm for MCDH.

Cons

Highly stressful and very competitive to get on and stay on the management team. Performance and accountability are overlooked and covered up to protect managers. Subordinates are often scapegoats for management failures. Not an easy place to work, but profitable and rewarding when successful. Many times meetings are required after-hours and outside of regular work hours. As a hospital, on-call situations may be required. Flexible schedules are required.

Management team is more like a country club of managers who look out for each other and not always about doing what is right. Focus should be on providing subordinates with what they need to do their jobs and backing them, so that competent and satisfied employees will be committed to meeting every need for their patients.

8. poor management

Current Employee - Physician in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Physician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Medical City Dallas Hospital part-time (more than a year)

Pros

good location and facility........ .............. ............. .................

Cons

poor management and leadership, old boys club

talk to new staff and find there problems

9. Its a great place to work

I have been working at Medical City Dallas Hospital

Pros

People enjoy their jobs, lots of learning opportunities

Cons

sick patients, bad outcomes, working holidays

10. Upper Management only cares about money

I have been working at Medical City Dallas Hospital

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    Food is okay

Cons

Understaffed
    Intimidation tactics by management
    Not given supplies or equipment to do your job safely and efficiently
    Fake facade of "caring" by execs and supervisors/managers

Care about your employees. The patients can tell the staff is unhappy and feel sorry for the staff. It shouldn't be the patients feeling sorry for the employees. Stop focusing on profits and more on people.

11. Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Medical City Dallas Hospital full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The employees are dedicated and friendly for the most part. the benefits started out good but went down hill rapidly

Cons

For the most part my time there was good until about 3 years before I left. During this time the work environment became so stressful it affected my health.

Patient care should always come first not the almighty dollar. Remember, without your staff you do not have a hospital. Listen to your employees not just your supervisors.