Medical College of Wisconsin

Updated September 16, 2014
3.6

Medical College of Wisconsin President & CEO John R. Raymond
John R. Raymond

Pros
  • Good benefits, good people in most areas of the org, good leaders and good technology (in 8 reviews)

• Great Benefits and Training,very nice people, great website (internal) (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • A significant portion of many scientists' time is spent securing and maintaining NIH funding (in 3 reviews)

• no room for further development (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

great place to work

Current Employee - Commercial Reimbursement Acct Representative II  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Commercial Reimbursement Acct Representative II in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

has a great work life balance!

Cons

wish the benefits could be better

none

Great people..... Some really bad seeded upper management of main campus departments.

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Overall some of the best people I have met in life.

Cons

Like most say. There are managerial roles where the thinking of the 1940's is a ok mindset. Those bad seeds protect and stick together. Human resources will only step in and help if they have violated your human rights. They won't even allow you to prove your right. Really sad because I actually would love to stay here. Those bad seeds along with HR left a bad taste with me. Ruined my thoughts of this place.

Longevity doesn't mean someone is doing there job correctly. Check out the people that have been sitting and coasting to retirement. It's not right how some employees are treated.

Great company

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst II  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst II in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work hours, good benefits

Cons

Slightly lower salary due to lower cost of living here.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great, fulfilling experience

Pros

Senior leadership is on the right track. responsive to national trends, and a culture of collaboration that continues to expand.

Cons

still need to change some of the old culture of a few "good old boys"

you have a lot of talent in this institution, don't loose sight of them because you are too busy watching only your top five faculty. Most people here support your work and leadership, carry on.

CRC

Current Employee - CRC  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - CRC in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing Institution in Southeastern Wisconsin

Cons

Faculty-centric in regards to compensation and advancement

Overall, I would say that this job is a great resume builder, it is not a something I would like to turn into a career.

Current Employee - Research Technician I  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Research Technician I in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time

Pros

The benefits are great and my colleagues are awesome!!

Cons

The pay needs to be more competitive. The research is slow moving and at times it is hard to get motivated.

Management does a great job bring the department together with various events.

A good place to work...unless you work in HR

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time

Pros

Cons

The HR department is horrible, turn over is incredibly high in that department and the leadership team including the directors in HR treat people very poorly.

You really need all new leadership in HR, these are the people that should be setting standards for the rest of the org and they have trouble maintaining a staff because of how they treat them.

Awesome

I worked at Medical College of Wisconsin

Pros

Great opportunities for people to advance

Cons

Not really bad to say

Good place to work, but has a number of issues

Current Employee - Finance
    Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits and the facilty is nice. Direct supervisors are good for the most part.

Cons

Human Resources is a disaster and should be avoided at all costs. Leadership needs to be put in line. There's too many managers and not enough staff. When one of my managers left they were replaced by 3 new people who supposedly still can't get the job done and considering hiring a 4th person. Really hard to move up within the college. Pay is below average.

Cut back on management not staff. There's no need to take doctors that you're trying to recruit out for $50-$100 a plate dinners; they'll come based on the institution not the quality of steak you bought them. Listen to staff employees when they complain about a manager; when a department burns through 6-7 people for one position in 5 years or less there may be an issue.

It is wonderful to work here. And Everyone is nice to you no matter where you come from.

Current Employee - Research Scholar  in  Wauwatosa, WI
    Current Employee - Research Scholar in Wauwatosa, WI

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is the only one private medical college in Wisconsin. Many professional people work here, and you can learn a lot from them.

Cons

I do not know if there are any downsides in this college. Cuz I really have a great time here.

Worked for Medical College of Wisconsin? Contribute to the Community!