www.mcw.edu

Updated October 14, 2014
3.6

Medical College of Wisconsin President & CEO John R. Raymond
John R. Raymond

Pros
  • Flexibility (some), good benefits, I honestly have been very disapointed since I started here (in 9 reviews)

• Great Benefits and Training,very nice people, great website (internal) (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • A significant portion of many scientists' time is spent securing and maintaining NIH funding (in 3 reviews)

• Compensation is below average with no room to negotiate, necessary job training is minimal (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Less than impressed

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility (some), good benefits, I honestly have been very disapointed since I started here.

Cons

Depending on the department you work in, you could have entirely different experiences. Every department is it's own silo with its own managment. My department in particular is extremely dysfunctional and HR refuses to step in and fix anything unless it is a legal issue. Turnover doesn't seem to bother anyone. Basic HR policies aren't followed yet when I brought this up with HR they didn't care. There is no leadership in my department and employees seem to do whatever they want with no repercussions. Very difficult to move up the career laddar or into another department. Will be looking to move on ASAP.

Hold management accountable. Take the staff survey seriously when there are complaints. If a department isn't functioning as it should, MCW should take action. When an employee voices major concerns, listen. Unless you are a part of management, there is no staff voice. Stop hiring high level positions without performing thorough evaluations/interviews. The department I work in has zero management which should be evaluated. Many wasted resources that should be questioned/evaluated.

Stable

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Depending on the type of position there are opportunities to move around in other positions, both upwards and laterally.

Cons

Traffic getting off campus can be a nightmare.

Great place to work

I worked at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time

Pros

Great Benefits and Training,very nice people, great website (internal).Good compensation. Great wellness program and speaker series

Cons

Parking could be better. Some research facilities/offices/labs could be cleaner. Difficult to navigate facility

great place to work

Current Employee - Commercial Reimbursement Acct Representative II in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

has a great work life balance!

Cons

wish the benefits could be better

none

Great people..... Some really bad seeded upper management of main campus departments.

Pros

Overall some of the best people I have met in life.

Cons

Like most say. There are managerial roles where the thinking of the 1940's is a ok mindset. Those bad seeds protect and stick together. Human resources will only step in and help if they have violated your human rights. They won't even allow you to prove your right. Really sad because I actually would love to stay here. Those bad seeds along with HR left a bad taste with me. Ruined my thoughts of this place.

Longevity doesn't mean someone is doing there job correctly. Check out the people that have been sitting and coasting to retirement. It's not right how some employees are treated.

Great company

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst II in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst II in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours, good benefits

Cons

Slightly lower salary due to lower cost of living here.

Great, fulfilling experience

Pros

Senior leadership is on the right track. responsive to national trends, and a culture of collaboration that continues to expand.

Cons

still need to change some of the old culture of a few "good old boys"

you have a lot of talent in this institution, don't loose sight of them because you are too busy watching only your top five faculty. Most people here support your work and leadership, carry on.

CRC

Current Employee - CRC in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - CRC in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Growing Institution in Southeastern Wisconsin

Cons

Faculty-centric in regards to compensation and advancement

Overall, I would say that this job is a great resume builder, it is not a something I would like to turn into a career.

Current Employee - Research Technician I in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Research Technician I in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time

Pros

The benefits are great and my colleagues are awesome!!

Cons

The pay needs to be more competitive. The research is slow moving and at times it is hard to get motivated.

Management does a great job bring the department together with various events.

Awesome

I worked at Medical College of Wisconsin

Pros

Great opportunities for people to advance

Cons

Not really bad to say

Medical College of Wisconsin Photos