Medical College of Wisconsin

Be The First To
Add Photos

Medical College of Wisconsin President & CEO John R. Raymond

John R. Raymond

Pros
  • Good benefits, good people in most areas of the org, good leaders and good technology(in 8 reviews)

• Great Benefits and Training,very nice people, great website (internal)(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • A significant portion of many scientists' time is spent securing and maintaining NIH funding(in 3 reviews)

• no room for further development(in 3 reviews)

49 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My experience at the Medical College of Wisconsin has been mostly positive.

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsSome good reasons to work here compared to a traditional university are free parking, good insurance, and an in house cafeteria.

ConsConducting research at the Medical college can be extra difficult because of the lack of hard money.

Great place to work

Research Technologist I (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsOrganizational values are superb. This is a tremendous place to work. Very high level of professionalism.

ConsIn all honesty I am not able to think of one down side to this particular employer. Supervisors are top shelf and very helpful. I look forward to work every day.

Overall good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe staff and other employees that I worked with were great, the surroundings and facilities are magnificent, there was also a good balance of independence and supervision

ConsSome of these were probably because the position I was working was a summer college job. The parking for non-senior employees was very far away from the buildings that I worked in, and the pay wasn't spectacular (but it was just a summer job). Those were the only two things that bugged me though.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to work

Commercial Reimbursement Acct Representative II (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

Proshas a great work life balance!

Conswish the benefits could be better

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Great company

Programmer Analyst II (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsFlexible work hours, good benefits

ConsSlightly lower salary due to lower cost of living here.

CRC

CRC (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsGrowing Institution in Southeastern Wisconsin

ConsFaculty-centric in regards to compensation and advancement

Overall, I would say that this job is a great resume builder, it is not a something I would like to turn into a career.

Research Technician I (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe benefits are great and my colleagues are awesome!!

ConsThe pay needs to be more competitive. The research is slow moving and at times it is hard to get motivated.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does a great job bring the department together with various events.

A good place to work...unless you work in HR

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsGood benefits, good people in most areas of the org, good leaders and good technology

ConsThe HR department is horrible, turn over is incredibly high in that department and the leadership team including the directors in HR treat people very poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou really need all new leadership in HR, these are the people that should be setting standards for the rest of the org and they have trouble maintaining a staff because of how they treat them.

It is wonderful to work here. And Everyone is nice to you no matter where you come from.

Research Scholar (Current Employee) Wauwatosa, WI

ProsIt is the only one private medical college in Wisconsin. Many professional people work here, and you can learn a lot from them.

ConsI do not know if there are any downsides in this college. Cuz I really have a great time here.

A great place to work in Milwaukee with a high character workforce

Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsHigh character workforce, great location, complexity of projects, ample opportunity to challenge yourself at different aspects

ConsSalary not always aligned with national averages, opportunity for career growth is limited, Milwaukee not the greatest city to live in

Advice to Senior ManagementCreating more opportunity for growth will increase the number of qualified people who stay at MCW long-term

Worked for Medical College of Wisconsin? Contribute to the Community!