Medical Doctor Associates

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Ginter

Good company

ProsGreat people. Good management. Great place to work for.

ConsAdvancement opportunities are limited. Compensation not at industry standard.

Waiting for Change

ProsThere are several pros to working at MDA. I have developed some solid relationships and friendships over the years. And I think that the sales staff is paid quite well. I also think that there is a strong training program in place as well as availability of flexible work schedules. Those are all positive things but the most positive point right now is the fact that we have a new president in place and that may signal positive changes.

ConsIt is my opinion that the current management of this company lacks strength, accountability, leadership skills, and vision. I feel like I have been waiting a very long time for things to change. In the past, people were promoted and "protected" based on politics, likability, and nepotism rather than talent, creativity, and true leadership skills. Over and over the same people are placed on different decision-making committees which kills both creativity and the possibility of exchange or birth of real ideas. Instead of dumping the dead-weight, non-productive employees are sometimes "protected" and moved around and around from position to position. I feel that mediocrity is the order of the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company has a strong, if lazy, sales force. MDA has people within who have great ideas, but who are ignored. The makings of a great organization are there. My advice to management would be to clean house. Get rid of the ineffective VPs, most of the middle managers, and the useless politics. Bring in new blood and look around for the true talent and visionaries who are right under your nose.

I have worked with this company for 16 years and I still get excited about my job.

Norcross, GA

ProsThe thing I love most about working with MDA is helping Health Care Facilities fill their temporary and often emergency needs. I believe that MDA and its employees truly care about the centers that we help staff as well as the physicians, advanced practice and allied providers that work temporary assignments. Because MDA cares, we have a large number of health care centers and providers that want to work with us again and again.

ConsI really can't think of any cons. That is why I have worked here for as long as I have!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, great values, great coworkers

ProsEveryone is friendly and helpful. My experience has been that people are eager to help you succeed and are genuinely supportive of your success. MDA puts their people first. We celebrate the personal and professional successes of our coworkers.

ConsI have not found any yet.

Best employment experience yet

Staffing Consultant (Current Employee)

Prosa lot of autonomy, friendly atmosphere, great motto of "do the right thing", great support system, brand recognition and financial freedom to make as much as you want.

Consthe insurance is the worst coverage I have had ever being employed. The data base is antiquated. Slow progress/innovation

Medical Doctor Associates is by far the best company I have ever worked for.

Risk Management (Current Employee)
    Berkeley Lake, GA

ProsThere are far to many Pros to cover in a short survey. By far, the employees and leadership are the companies greatest asset. The Management Team truly care for the employees. The atmosphere can be compared to one big family. I enjoy coming to work.

ConsI have nothing. Benefits could be better but still not a Con.

Great Company!

Dallas, TX

ProsWonderful people are hired here. Top-to-bottom, this company backs its employees. Executives, managers, peers ... all are so supportive. Proud to work for a company that takes such pride in its values (that have stood for 20+ years!) as well. Compensation is more than fair. If pressure is applied, it is appropriate. No dogma. No politics. If you work, you are rewarded.

ConsThis is a hyper-competitive industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change the way you value your employees.

MDA is an awesome place to work!

ProsMDA is an awesome place to work ! That is evident by the tenure of their employees. You will see so many that have made MDA their work home for 10-20 years! They are high on work/life balance and they really care about their employees. It's also great to see a company that is willing to embrace change and grow with the industry.

ConsMDA has been described as a flat organization, but I have seen people move between departments and into management positions. I would like to see some type of promotion program along with appropriate educational opportunities that would allow for advancement.

Great Place to work

Norcross, GA

ProsI have found MDA to be a great place to work.
    From the top down... people are very friendly and family oriented. Upper management are interested in the employees well being. Our benefits and salary structure is generally higher than our competitors.

Consits not easy to come up with cons... I am a very happy employee and I know many of my team members feel the same way.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for your care and consideration.

The "MDA Way" set of core values is practiced every day - it is not just a piece of paper in a frame.

Middle Management (Current Employee)
    Norcross, GA

ProsGreat co-workers and leadership with experience and knowledge, plus everyone really does know your name. You are encouraged to find creative solutions and push yourself in professional growth. Whole company is very aware that at the end of the day, our work affects patients through access availability, safety, and quality of care. Our leadership helped shape the physician recruitment/placement business and remain active in industry leadership roles.

ConsWe have some opportunities with keeping up with technology advances.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are great at communicating with individuals and small groups - it would be just as great if we could have that same capacity with large groups. Emails may not always be the best way to communicate all information, but the need for a central/singular point of view remains to ensure that we all hear the same information at the same time. From welcoming a new member to the company or policy change explanations, there are some opportunities for improvement.

Worked for Medical Doctor Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medical Doctor Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Medical Doctor Associates CEO Jim Ginter. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Medical Doctor Associates employees.