Medical Facilities of America

CEO

Corporate consultant

Current Employee - Corporate Consultant  in  Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Corporate Consultant in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Medical Facilities of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been at MFA now for approximately three months. This has been the most rewarding professional experience of my career. I have grown more professionally within the past three months than I have throughout my career. My growth has been made possible through a top notch educational foundation supplied by my employer. The support/training provided to me was second to none, which effectively and efficiently transitioned me from a new employee into a competent professional that is eager to continue my professional growth at MFA. The expectations are high but warranted, which makes MFA a great employer as they expect the best out of each employee, developing a breeding ground for innovation and creativity. The culture at MFA is genuine, supporting the importance of family, community, fellowship, and professional growth. MFA cares about their patient's and continually goes the extra mile to ensure the patient experience is excellent, validating the cultural atmosphere established by the Executive Leadership. Working for a healthcare company that cares about their patient's in the manner that MFA does makes me a proud employee, one who can sincerely attest to this personally and professionally.

Cons

There are no cons being employed by an employer who values patient care, well-being, and individual professional growth. All the while promoting a culture of caring, community, and family.

Keep up the good work!!!

Jul 15, 2014Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate hearing from our employees and are thrilled to hear about how much pride you take in your work. Please share your positive experience ... More

Family Oriented Company

I have been working at Medical Facilities of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've really enjoyed my experience here. There is an intense focus on patient care and it feels good to come to work every day knowing you are making a difference. MFA was also very honest about the job before I started so I know what is expected of me. It is also very family oriented.

Cons

Nothing at this time, just keep developing leadership opportunities.

Keep up the great work

Aug 13, 2014Communications Manager

You are making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. Thank you for your dedication and taking the time to write a review.

Horrible management, most of nursing staff are mean to patients

Former Employee - Human Resource Manager  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Human Resource Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at Medical Facilities of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not one single one. Awful to patients and employees.

Cons

They expect so much out of the human resource managers there. THere needs to be 2-3 in That department. They push you and push you to a serious level. When you don't make the demands they set upon you, they berate and talk about you openly to others. Is is one of the most unprofessional environments I have ever seen. I am surprised they have not been sued.
    I have witnessed mean spirited behaviors to patients but are sweet as pie of the family is there. This company needs to be investigated. They have had lawsuits from family of patients there.
    Do not put your loved ones there! Awful conditions!

Aug 12, 2014Communications Manager

I can't say that I have witnessed the behaviors you mentioned, however, the well being of our patients and employees remains a top priority. Your feedback indicates there could be improvement in ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Death Trap

Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at Medical Facilities of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive community, great therapy team, corporate is always willing to teach. I learned a lot here and actually enjoyed what I was learning. The work is truly fulfilling, but I still came home at the end of the day wanting to never go back.

Cons

In no specific order
    They run the nurses ragged, I dealt with three walk outs in 6 months.
    They don't pay out pto after leaving the company.
    They don't recognize effort. I requested assistance and feed back on a variety of projects and was met with a blank wall and then was criticized by my direct supervisor when I called a hire-up for advice.
    The rules only apply to certain people, as they see fit, and certain members of the staff lie through their teeth.
    Training consists of 1 6 hour shift if your lucky and then your thrown to the dogs.
    I worked there for six months and they never completed my training.

Get better location management. Support your staff. TRAIN your staff completely, and listen when they ask for help.

Aug 5, 2014Communications Manager

We are sorry to hear you did not have the experience we hope for. Our staff goes above and beyond every day to provide excellent care to our patients, and we work hard to make sure they are ... More

MFA is an excellent place to work with a strong culture of caring about its patients and employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Medical Facilities of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

MFA genuinely cares about its patients and its employees. Employees receive competitive wages and benefits, and the working environment is clean and comfortable. Managers are very supportive and they help ensure that we meet and exceed the expectations of our patients. Employees are encouraged to really get to know our patients - their stories, their likes and dislikes, their hobbies, etc. This enhances the comfortable family like atmosphere in our centers.

Cons

There really aren't any downsides to working at MFA. The work we do is so important to the patients we serve!

My advice to management is to continue to support and develop your employees so that we all can provide excellent care and service each day.

Jul 4, 2014Communications Manager

Thank you for your review. Your insight is helpful and we hope you share your positive experience with others. Thank you again.

Used to be ok, now, not so good.

Current Employee - Nursing  in  Culpeper, VA
    Current Employee - Nursing in Culpeper, VA

I have been working at Medical Facilities of America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The patients are wonderful to work with and are truly cared for by the staff.

Cons

Job insecurity. You never know whether you have a job or not.

No thanks

Jul 8, 2014Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry you did not have the experience we hope for but are very happy to hear how much you feel the staff cares about our patients. We take your ... More

Disturbingly dangerous

Former Employee - RN  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Former Employee - RN in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at Medical Facilities of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

High Salary
    Great Residents
    Good opportunity to learn skills
    Good opportunity to see how things shouldn't be done

Cons

Little training
    No guidance
    Patients receive poor care due to high nurse to patient ratio and relatively high patient acuity
    Poor management

Institute a standard training program for all staff.
    Know what is happening in your facility.
    Do not turn a blind eye to bad practice due to low staffing

Not the "employer of choice" as they claim to be

Pros

Patients, Fair salaries, Decent benefits

Cons

Lack of customer service training aside from videos results in a culture where no one greets people as they walk down the halls.

Always short staffed because people don't want to work for a company with such high turnover. Managers are fired within a year of being hired so no one masters their position.

Look at your turnover and ask yourself why it is so high. Is there someone in a regional position who is chasing off talent? Find out what your reputation is with the hospitals you serve.

DO NOT APPLY TO THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - RN Night Supervisor  in  Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - RN Night Supervisor in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Medical Facilities of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

NURSE PRACTIONERS &PA'S are awesome!!!

Cons

Management is really unfair, shows favoritism, and are more concerned with censes of each building and sending nurses home when the acquity of care is high!!! They breach confidentiality and nothing is done about it,MAJOR nurse turn-over due to unfair treatment and favoritism. MANAGEMENT TEAMS IN ALL FACILITIES NEED EXTENSIVE TRAINING ON CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FAIR MANAGEMENT STYLE.

It should be against the law for a corporate family member who is an administrator of building to FIRE any employee if she/he doesn't like them. That is unethical....this company allows these type of people to be leaders and set examples for our future leaders. It is sad that all the facilities are managed the same and NO ONE is doing anything about it!!

Disappointed

Current Employee - Rehab Department  in  Pulaski, VA
    Current Employee - Rehab Department in Pulaski, VA

Pros

Steady job, salary, not much really

Cons

No commitment or loyalty to their staff. Poor cleanliness, I would have a hard time placing a family member here. No education for advancement of clinical skills. Poor management and organization skills. They have excellent care when state is in the building. The company has no vision or want to better themselves.

Investigate before you judge. Clean the building

Worked for Medical Facilities of America? Contribute to the Community!