Medical Facilities of America

Updated January 15, 2015
Updated January 15, 2015
4.3

CEO

A great place to work, strong focus on Customer Service for our Residents.

Current Employee - Healthcare Employee in Martinsville, VA
    Current Employee - Healthcare Employee in Martinsville, VA

I have been working at Medical Facilities of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employees who not only care about our Residents, but love them as family.
    Newly renovated building with hug Rehab Gym, excellent equipment, therapy daily.
    Fair management team. Room for promotions.

Cons

At times parking can be a challenge. Must be willing to live up to high expectations, must be a hard worker.

5-Star Company!!!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Medical Facilities of America

Pros

Professional, caring, committed employees! Supportive management team!! An environment where you can make a difference each and every day!!! Continuous training to ensure your success!!

Cons

While the demands in healthcare continue to increase, the focus on top notch, exceptional service remains the goal. The expectation is nothing less than EXCELLENT! Not a place for mediocrity.

Great place to grow!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Pros

Very supporting culture with multiple resources. They encourage you to grow and advance. You are always trained on new processes such as state or federal regulations, or any changes that are made. There are outstanding benefits with Anthem health, dental, 401k company match, paid time off, sick bank, holiday pay, and company paid life insurance,

Cons

Healthcare is demanding and is a stressful environment. It is a 24/7 center and great customer service is always expected. There is no room for error.

Charlotte Health Care Center

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Medical Facilities of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

All of the employees care dearly about the clients

Cons

Very fast pace at times

Great Place to work!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Medical Facilities of America full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A wonderful place to work. The staff are very friendly, and truly enjoy the residences at the facilitiy.

Cons

No cons at this time

a very caring and compassionate health care company

Current Employee - COTA/L in Yorktown, VA
    Current Employee - COTA/L in Yorktown, VA

Pros

I have been proud to have been working at Regency health care center for nearly 15 years. Regency has allow me to increase my skills as an Occupational Therapist Assistant by allowing me to take my time with each resident on my caseload and providing continue education. Regency stresses the value of functional treatment by allowing our rehab residents to attend home visit, community outing, and providing one on one treatment session which allows Regency's residents to have unique and personal treatments. Our staff is very caring and put our residents interest as the top priority. I plan on working at Regency for another 15 years.

Cons

every company needs improvement to increase quality of care for our residents

Listen to your staff on how to make improvements to our facilities

cares about the patients!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Pros

We have a very supportive administrator who is understanding of patients' and families' needs. We have a large building and overall staff is on the same team and works together. Good pay rate and benefits/PTO.

Cons

This is a large building so there is a lot of patients to care for, With therapy being a main draw to the building, there are often new patients to get to know which can make some days challenging but also good to work with different people. At times communication is not clear.

Best Company to Work For

Pros

MFA is awesome; there are so many wonderful things about the company that I can not possibly list them all. The great thing about MFA is that it constantly provides continuing education and inservices to the employees to ensure they are successful; this provides a win win situation to the employees, patients, and everyone that has any contact with the company. I have been employed less than a year and I am still excited about going to work everyday. When a company cares about you, you will put 100% in everything you do by going the extra mile. I love it.

Cons

There are no challenges for MFA.

The company is awesome and I look forward to what is to come.

Strong sense of community where every employee has the ability to make a difference.

Current Employee - Human Resource Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Human Resource Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Medical Facilities of America full-time

Pros

MFA's service model encompasses customer service to the fullest. Employees are encouraged at every turn to be progressive in order to advance within the company. MFA facilities have a keen sense of community and exemplifies teamwork in everything they do. They offer a competitive benefits package as well as allowing each employee to obtain a work-life balance. Joining MFA will absolutely be a step in the right direction for any potential job seeker.

Cons

No cons, just continue fostering a customer service environment.

Best Long Term Care Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, VA

I have been working at Medical Facilities of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

MFA has been around for 43 years and I work for the original facility, Salem Health & Rehab Center. Great employees and great care!! We have a thorough hiring and orientation process to make sure we have the best of the best!! We have competitive wages and a great benefits package. I have worked at Salem for almost 7 years. I feel like the staff are my family and we take care of our residents like they are our family too.

Cons

Health care is a tough business and is not for everyone. We have a rigorous training process that makes our employees the best.