Medical Reimbursements of America

Updated August 12, 2014
3.1

Medical Reimbursements of America CEO Bob Rolfe
Bob Rolfe

Overall good place to work

Current Employee - First Party Specialist in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - First Party Specialist in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Medical Reimbursements of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been w/the company for several yrs. The benefits when I started were good & still are; however new hires dont get the same benefit package. The company itself and what it does is great. "New" management has made a BIG difference as to the attitude & overall progress of the company. Without it I believe the company would have faded out.

Cons

The pay is lackluster unless you move up in the ranks. There are several other companies out there, even local, who pay MUCH better for the same type of work. MRA has lost good employees due to the pay. Job security anywhere nowadays is hard since TN is a "hire@will" state; however some of the expectations do not seem to be fair. Employees DONT feel VALUED due to the LOW PAY. I am one of them. I really like working for the company & bust my butt to crank out the work, but I dont get any added compensation. The work reviews are a joke. The person who does them is partial. You see that in the people who ALWAYS makes mistakes but dont get bad reviews(obviously since they still have a job!). It needs to go back to the way it use to be when supervisors did the work reviews- MUCH more fair!

Review ALL employees. Management & HR needs to have a one-on-one with EVERYONE who has been with the company at least 2 yrs. There are new-hires w/no experience who are making more that people of the same position who have been there for years. That's NOT EQUALITY. Another thing is the work reviews. Several of us have worked directly next to DM & know that they will tell their friends what to change so they dont get in trouble. It needs to go back to the SUPERVISORS doing the work reviews, not the one person who is currently doing them. There is too much inconsistency & partiality that has been shown since that person has been doing them.
    Management needs to WANT to KEEP their employees. We DONT feel valued. ACTIONS speak LOUDER than words!
    With that said, I do like MRA & until I am paid what I'm worth, I will always be looking for the "next best thing". If management ever changes their strategy & things get better regarding pay and expectations, then I(and many others) wont be looking for the next opportunity.

No future at MRA

Former Employee - MedPay Scrub Claims Specialist in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - MedPay Scrub Claims Specialist in Franklin, TN

I worked at Medical Reimbursements of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was just a claims rep. I had some great and helpful coworkers that I formed long-last friendships with. I was temp-to-hire. After I got hired on full-time I got a 50 cent raise. Six months later I got a cost of living raise of $1. Not bad for only one year. Unfortunately the pay was low to begin with.

Cons

As someone else stated, you're just a worker bee. Management doesn't care about you, just meeting their productivity numbers and looking good to higher management. The review process is outdated and doesn't take any special considerations (quality work vs quantity). I saw many good workers get fired because of the review process. There is no upward movement. You will not move up in this company. Most management, including supervisors, are hired from the outside. I was offered my job back after I left at a dollar more an hour than I made while I was there, but I declined. It's a very stressful environment for the little responsibility you have. It's very scary to not know day to day if that day will be your last.

Also, vacation/PTO time is a joke. No special consideration is given for extenuating circumstances. If your husband is dying from cancer, you'll have to choose between work or taking care of him. Under no circumstances will they let you do both. I saw it happen myself.

You're not going to move up the ladder, either. Take more time to stand up for your workers, and spend less time worrying about being promotions because it's not going to happen. Spend more time listening to your employees. They're the ones in the trenches dealing with the people, processes, and archaic rules. Listen to them. Happy employees do better work. Instead of scaring them and causing a high turn over rate, trust them to do the job you hired to do. Micromanaging does no one any good, especially at a company like MRA.

Anon

Current Employee - Anon in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Anon in Brentwood, TN

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Facilities are nice, though there are a few basic standard items missing (I'm looking at you, breakroom!).

Cons

Company essentially runs on layers upon layers of software to run its proprietary service. However it seems to be a common issue that several employees are hired with basically no ability to use a computer, which seriously hampers productivity.

The company also seems to have some unrealistic expectations in terms of how quickly processes can be successfully changed.

Workers through most departments are overworked,throwing off work life balance for many.

Implement a real breakroom. Hire more technically competent Operations employees, or implement basic computer training as a part of indoc.

It was an awesome experience working there.

Former Employee - Patient Contact Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Patient Contact Specialist in Nashville, TN

I worked at Medical Reimbursements of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My manager was awesome and helpful.

Cons

Little training due to many transition periods with the company.

None.

Complete waste of a business

Former Employee - First Party Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - First Party Specialist in Nashville, TN

I worked at Medical Reimbursements of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

none there is nothing really going in favor except the flex time which odds are will not last long.

Cons

benefits are horrible
    managment is flawed heavily most of them only had experience in MRA they were former retail supervisors .
    This place is a downward spiral , there are always changes none are for the best . They are really not all together there ever changing way of doing things is just proof of there inexperience in this field.

Find people outside of MRA to bring new insight and Managment experience that is desperatley needed

Positive and Professional Company Dedicated to Patients, Hospitals and Employees

Current Employee - Director in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Director in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Medical Reimbursements of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Since late 2012, new leadership is driving the company to grow and provide better service to our customers who are hospitals and health systems across the company. Bob Rolfe (CEO) and Lyle Beasley (President) are investing in the company through new services for our customers built on the AcciClaim technology-platform to better serve hospitals.

Cons

MRA is rebuilding its reputation as a company of dedicated employees even though previous management made poor decisions. With hundreds of hospitals across the U.S., we value each and want these Providers to know we are working very hard to help them get paid more for their accident claims.

Keep up the good work investing in MRA and help each of us grow the company together.

I really love it here

Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Brentwood, TN

Pros

Really great work space and big cubicles. Flexible scheduling. And the supervisors are always willing to listen to you. New management is really setting the company on the right track. Also the company is always doing something for employees to show their appreciation.

Cons

Nothing I don't have any thing negative to say about working here

I think the new management is really taking the company where it needs to go and this year and next year are going to show really good growth

OUTDATED MANAGEMENT STYLES - OUTDATED PROCESSES

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Medical Reimbursements of America

Pros

Learned to work with very difficult personalities that I have never encountered before.
    Support staff easy to work with and willing to help clients and staff
    Attorneys are easy to work with

Cons

Your a worker bee. Management doesn't care about your opinions or suggestions
    Most processes are manual and outdated
    Departments do not work together
    Unorganized
    Difficult to provide support to clients

Listen to your employees
    Treat employees with respect
    Implement a marketing team
    Stop worrying about your competition and concentrate on improving your own business

An awesome place to call home!

I have been working at Medical Reimbursements of America

Pros

First, a very caring organization. Second, they place the customer and it's employees as a top priority. It's an organization that also provides growth opportunities.

Cons

No major downside. Organization continues to emphasize customer and employees satisfaction. A huge initiative that's been successful over the last 8 months.

Continue to train and encourage employee growth. Thanks for providing a secure environment.

A good place to work to make some money in the short term, but no long term growth.

Former Employee - Data Entry
    Former Employee - Data Entry

I worked at Medical Reimbursements of America

Pros

Vacation time, flexible schedules and benefits were all pretty good. Just enough perks to keep you staying a few years.

Cons

Pay is low, there isn't much room for growth as far as moving up goes, it depends on who you know and who likes you.

Treat your employees like Jim Cannon did and the company will prosper faster with a stronger and more happy workforce.