Medical Science & Computing Reviews

4.3
Haley Esser

1. Senior Research Associate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Pros

A great staff that works well to connect contractors to company and be accesible.

Cons

Everyone contract position has the possibility to not be renewed, so low job security.

Advice to Management

Help individuals that are high performers stay employed through other open contract positions.

2. Very Flexible Federal Contractor

Pros

The pay, telecommute options, laid-back, business casual, federal employment

Cons

Federal contracting red-tape, rules, regulations, etc. etc. Lots of documenting work, security practices, passwords galore.

3. Outstanding Company

I have been working at Medical Science & Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Despite difficult government contracting market, MSC provides top notch Benefits to its employees. The company has also grown significantly due to its approach to customer service and support of its employees. Highly supportive culture

Cons

Cannot think of any cons.

5. Senior Recruiter

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Medical Science & Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with a great team, professional people who sincerely care about doing a good job. I have good career growth potential and the opportunity to learn new skills. There is no micromanagement, I am free to get my work done the best way I can.

Cons

As a small but growing company we do not have the name recognition our larger competitors have. As we continue to grow and do good work I expect more people will hear about us and our brand will grow.

6. A pleasant, hands off staffing agency.

Current Employee - Program Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Medical Science & Computing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pleasant and unobtrusive with good benefits. Willing to invest in staff training. Efficient recruitment process. Low bureaucratic burden relative to equivalent federal employees.

Cons

Not very engaged with employees. Delegates employee oversight completely to Government contract holder. Opportunities for movement or advancement very limited. Compensation limited by Government policy, regardless of performance.

Advice to Management

Broaden Federal Agency customer base. This would grow and diversify revenue and afford employees movement and career development opportunities.

Excellent company to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Medical Science & Computing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company management bends over backwards to make sure that revenue talent feel appreciated.

Cons

As is always the case with Fed. Govt. staffing companies, the positions available are completely controlled by their clients. All positions are subject to continued federal funding.

8. Amazing company...actually cares about employees!

I have been working at Medical Science & Computing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at this company for several years. I, like most of us, have had terrible experiences with previous employers. This company provides amazing opportunities to grow, benefits that are hard to beat, and a culture that supports people in their professional and personal lives.

Cons

None as far as I am concerned.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Unprofessional cliquish, high school like environment

I have been working at Medical Science & Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, flexibility for those who are favorites

Cons

Unprofessional CEO, walks around half dressed and cursing out people but then tries to "mother" her favorites who are unqualified and untrained 20 something "managers" with no experience. Questionable ethics. Lots of back door conversations. Whoever is on the hot seat changes overnight and no ones job is safe if one of the immature (20 something managers) favorites decides they don't like you or are threatened by you.

Advice to Management

Take some advice from an objective third party and make some changes to ensure fairness in how all employees are treated. The company is too big to have cliques and running feuds and secret agendas.

10. This company means well, does well and have great prices

Pros

Very flexible in the work schedule and try their best to meet all the needs of the customer.

Cons

Not that I know of.

RSS Feed </> Embed