Medical Services Company

Add Photos

Joseph P. Delaney

Currently work at One call care management - Corporate Reporting

Analyst (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsI am very happy with the type of work that I do, it is not that challenging, but also not redundant , a lot to learn and always learning something new, the location is great, beautiful setting on the water, great sense of direction about where we are heading with our projects.

ConsDifferent management styles within the department are not consistent which causes tension among team members over hours worked in a day, some are being targeted while others are not working a full time schedule and not being held accountable. Lack of communication from manager, I have been there over three years and not once have I been in a team meeting, or any meeting for that matter and feel somewhat uninformed for the amount f responsibility I have, peer training is a concern but a requirement which makes management seem unapproachable and not really engaged with team members, no sick pay

Advice to Senior ManagementCome down a few notches

Trend setting company though questionable allegiance to clients

Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsAutonomous sales opportunity
    Decent support for field reps

ConsLong history of poor middle leadership and bias in promoting
    Goals not clear as no real gauge of revenue sourcing
    Lacks true sales organization; pure marketing role
    Benefits insufficient for field reps
    Middle and Lower Management do not communicate effectively to Executives

Advice to Senior ManagementCarve off strategic business units and focus on quality again. Implement formal leadership development program versus favoritism style of promotion.

Terrible place to work

Care Coordinator (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsNone. Every other company in town will treat you better.

ConsManagement squeezes the healthcare providers and workers tighter and tighter. They make huge markups over 500% on some products but its all for senoir management and the investors. There is no sick leave, you are supposed to use your few vacation days when your are sick. There is no retirement except what you take out of your own pay for your 401k. If you have a good idea to help the company there is no sense in telling anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou win the river city greed award.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

lowest paying company for providers in the industry - they charge 5x what they pay you for your services

Interpreter (Former Employee) Fort Myers, FL

Prosnone none none none none

Consabsolutely no consideration for independent providers, lying, extremely low pay (really, some people still working for them obviously can't do math or are totally desperate for work!)
    Dispatch department very unprofessional and lying when there is an issue, communication through web-page and no knowledgeable and local real-time support

Advice to Senior Managementif you want to build up a good reputation for quality service you need quality providers - with your present policy you get totally unqualified providers and will loose business.

Skimpy benefits, low pay, lots of work. (Now called One Call Care Management)

Analyst (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThey are always hiring, and they pay on time.

ConsSkimpy benefits, no sick leave. They cut the benefit package in 2012. Low pay, lots of work, no career growth, Senior management and investors are getting rich, while they cut back pay and benefits for employees. Legacy employees create very hostile workplace to hold their positions against smarter new employees. Located in an old building with air quality issues, surrounded by coughing sick people every day. Company is horse-traded by vulture capitalists - now it is called One Call Care Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, they are getting rich.

Offers great benefits, but difficult to grow professionally within the company due to disorganized management.

Document Facilitator (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsFlexible shift options, good health and dental insurance, and 401k perks. Jacksonville office is a beautiful location overlooking downtown and has a riverside view.

ConsIt is easy to get discouraged when dedicating much time and work and no acknowledgement or leads to advancement from upper level management. Workers are not positively reinforced as much as they should be when deserving.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany members of the management team are not fit for the responsibility. I found that many of these individuals abused their "powers" and were unprofessional and unfair in the way they treated coworkers in and outside the workplace. This is unfortunate because the majority of the talented staff members were actively seeking employment elsewhere and there was much negativity around the office due to lack of competent leadership.

Grow, Grow, Grow

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThis is a fast pace company headed in the right direction with their biggest goal of customer satisfaction.

ConsIt is sometimes hard to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementLets keep growing but don't forget where we came from.

Throughout the recession this company was hiring and no layoffs!

ProsPay is fair. Very, very busy-the day goes by very quickly. The employees work very hard and are like family. I don't understand why some posters bash the HR department because this HR dept is the best I've seen - ever! They are very helpful. The managers are great but some are still learning. The HR dept trains new managers to help them, and they will coach a manager (as well as any employee) if needed. The location is great with a beautiful river view. The benefits are pretty good and not any more expensive than any other company.

ConsSome employees can be negative but they are negative in general. The dress code is not enforced uniformly. The managers are so busy that we don't always see them.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't put so much work on the managers that they don't have time to coach and mentor their employees.

Excellent

ProsOverall good company, set to increase market share

ConsPurchasing to many other companies

Actively looking elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsYou get a pay check every 2 weeks.

ConsThe cost of the benefits are obsurd

The CFO is part owner.

Managment is, for the most part clueless and never there.

They are not an equal opportunity employer.

HR cannot be trusted.

High turnover.

and the list goes on.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring people based on where they attend church.

Start promoting from within, promoting people who are truely knowledgable.

Listen to the employees, stop treating them like you are above them. Most of them know more about "your" company, then you do.

Focus on things that really matter and stop dwelling on minor, pointless stuff.

Stop treating staff like we are children in a third grade classroom. We are all adults, just like you.

Worked for Medical Services Company? Contribute to the Community!