Medical Services Company Reviews

2.5
Joseph P. Delaney

1. Currently work at One call care management - Corporate Reporting

Current Employee - Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Medical Services Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am very happy with the type of work that I do, it is not that challenging, but also not redundant , a lot to learn and always learning something new, the location is great, beautiful setting on the water, great sense of direction about where we are heading with our projects.

Cons

Different management styles within the department are not consistent which causes tension among team members over hours worked in a day, some are being targeted while others are not working a full time schedule and not being held accountable. Lack of communication from manager, I have been there over three years and not once have I been in a team meeting, or any meeting for that matter and feel somewhat uninformed for the amount f responsibility I have, peer training is a concern but a requirement which makes management seem unapproachable and not really engaged with team members, no sick pay

Advice to Management

Come down a few notches

2. Constant changes

I worked at Medical Services Company

Pros

View of the river from desk

Cons

Constant changes in procedures with no directions

Advice to Management

Stop the revolving door of employees leaving

3. Future Accounting Scandal

Current Employee - Accountant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Accountant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Medical Services Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have a business based on medical care that held up pretty well during the recession.

Cons

I started in accounting when it was a much smaller company but I left in 2013. They had promoted this guy to top management who I didn't trust, and about the same time, they started claiming the company was growing much faster than I knew it was. I had a friend who used to work at World com, and when the scandal happened hundreds of employees got laid off. I became worried about a scandal that I found another job and left. I know they were growing but not as much as management claimed and I didn't want to be around when the truth came out.

Advice to Management

Don't fake the numbers, you will eventually get caught and hurt your employees.

Trend setting company though questionable allegiance to clients

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Medical Services Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomous sales opportunity
    Decent support for field reps

Cons

Long history of poor middle leadership and bias in promoting
    Goals not clear as no real gauge of revenue sourcing
    Lacks true sales organization; pure marketing role
    Benefits insufficient for field reps
    Middle and Lower Management do not communicate effectively to Executives

Advice to Management

Carve off strategic business units and focus on quality again. Implement formal leadership development program versus favoritism style of promotion.

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Care Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Care Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Medical Services Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. Every other company in town will treat you better.

Cons

Management squeezes the healthcare providers and workers tighter and tighter. They make huge markups over 500% on some products but its all for senoir management and the investors. There is no sick leave, you are supposed to use your few vacation days when your are sick. There is no retirement except what you take out of your own pay for your 401k. If you have a good idea to help the company there is no sense in telling anyone.

Advice to Management

You win the river city greed award.

Skimpy benefits, low pay, lots of work. (Now called One Call Care Management)

Current Employee - Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Medical Services Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are always hiring, and they pay on time.

Cons

Skimpy benefits, no sick leave. They cut the benefit package in 2012. Low pay, lots of work, no career growth, Senior management and investors are getting rich, while they cut back pay and benefits for employees. Legacy employees create very hostile workplace to hold their positions against smarter new employees. Located in an old building with air quality issues, surrounded by coughing sick people every day. Company is horse-traded by vulture capitalists - now it is called One Call Care Management.

Advice to Management

None, they are getting rich.

Offers great benefits, but difficult to grow professionally within the company due to disorganized management.

Former Employee - Document Facilitator in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Document Facilitator in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Medical Services Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible shift options, good health and dental insurance, and 401k perks. Jacksonville office is a beautiful location overlooking downtown and has a riverside view.

Cons

It is easy to get discouraged when dedicating much time and work and no acknowledgement or leads to advancement from upper level management. Workers are not positively reinforced as much as they should be when deserving.

Advice to Management

Many members of the management team are not fit for the responsibility. I found that many of these individuals abused their "powers" and were unprofessional and unfair in the way they treated coworkers in and outside the workplace. This is unfortunate because the majority of the talented staff members were actively seeking employment elsewhere and there was much negativity around the office due to lack of competent leadership.

Grow, Grow, Grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Medical Services Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a fast pace company headed in the right direction with their biggest goal of customer satisfaction.

Cons

It is sometimes hard to keep up.

Advice to Management

Lets keep growing but don't forget where we came from.

10. Throughout the recession this company was hiring and no layoffs!

I have been working at Medical Services Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is fair. Very, very busy-the day goes by very quickly. The employees work very hard and are like family. I don't understand why some posters bash the HR department because this HR dept is the best I've seen - ever! They are very helpful. The managers are great but some are still learning. The HR dept trains new managers to help them, and they will coach a manager (as well as any employee) if needed. The location is great with a beautiful river view. The benefits are pretty good and not any more expensive than any other company.

Cons

Some employees can be negative but they are negative in general. The dress code is not enforced uniformly. The managers are so busy that we don't always see them.

Advice to Management

Don't put so much work on the managers that they don't have time to coach and mentor their employees.

11. Excellent

I have been working at Medical Services Company

Pros

Overall good company, set to increase market share

Cons

Purchasing to many other companies

RSS Feed </> Embed