Medical Services of America

Updated May 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ronnie L. Young

I like working for the company

ProsGreat independence and communication. Board has employees best interest in mind.

ConsLimited travel budget. Benefits not the greatest

Advice to Senior ManagementCompare to other agencies and be more in the market.

"Family" owned...not family friendly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people you work with and helping the patients.

ConsThe cons are abundant. I've never seen anything like this. Unqualified individuals who know nothing about patient care running this facility. They only have their jobs bc they are in some way related to or are friends with the owner or his family. They fire or lay off people that need their job only to put the company in panic mode bc there are not enough people to do the jobs. They hire temps at a very low rate so they don't have to provide benefits or holidays. Salary increases are always on freeze. Continously, actively and knowingly participate in fraudulent activity.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your degree in health care management before you try to run a dme company. Treat your employees with respect and not as if they are disposable.

Complete Disorganization

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Fort Myers, FL

ProsOther coworkers
    Days and hours of operations
    Office new and modern

ConsManagement
    Communication
    Expectations and quotas for medicare only referrals are unrealistic!
    Endless paperwork, profiles-logs- mapquesting for mileage daily
    No full time RNs for field work/case managers - NO OT

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany should evaluate their managers!! Poor communication with management and workers.
    Several issues should have been handled at branch adminstration level and never were resulting in decrease numbers of referrals. Blame squarely placed on employees (unfairly) for not meeting quotas.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disorganized management, minimal direction or resources for sales staff.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe regional sales manager RARELY made an office visit, so micromanagement was minimal. My location manager handled the office operations and my job was to generate referrals. We got along great and worked together to keep our office in business.

ConsSerious lack of resources for sales reps. We had monthly meetings but I had to make a ridiculously long drive every month to the corporate office for a meeting that provided little value as far as increasing sales and developing selling skills. As a rep, I had to make my own sales materials. Literally, copying and pasting our company logo and local office information to printouts from our vendor's websites. Due to the competitive bidding process, the company has been in the process of restructuring, and many people lost their jobs. I was told that I would be able to move to another local office and keep my job, only to find out later in a voicemail that this may not be the case. My regional sales manager jumped ship just before the switch was supposed to occur. The new regional manager never reached out, so I emailed him to discuss the move to the new location. He told me in an email that everyone in our office, including me, was being "severanced". Yes, he made that word up. I had never even met this man and he did not even have the professional courtesy to pick up the phone to let me know. DO NOT take a sales job with this company. If you can help it, DO NOT take any job with this company. Management is in complete disarray and nobody knows who to report to. If you are desperate, make sure you negotiate a higher salary before you go on board, or don't expect a raise. There were some quarters where sales commissions simply weren't paid. I was lucky enough to get out with a severance package, but many of the employees at the corporate office were brought into their manager's office and told they were being fired for breaking some rule. There were specific instances when these rules were made up just to have an excuse to fire the employee, as the employee had no idea that the rule or guideline existed or had been changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together and be more transparent with your employees. Establish goals as a team with your employees and work together to achieve them. Provide them with the resources to get the job done instead of scaling back and expecting them to provide results. It takes money to make money.

Home health field nurse

ProsFlexible schedule, good work load, ethical, centrally located, well supplied , is a good place to start out in home health work

ConsDo not value employees, no incentives, or positive feedback on performance, punitive management, no in services to keep employees up on changes

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter performance reviews, human resource managers

Office Manager

Office Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Benefits, Great training will be provided for the position you are hired for.

ConsLow Morale, Retention is very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire management employees to have more education for their position.

Of all the companies for which I have worked, of which there are many, this one is the poorest managed.

Tampa, FL

ProsThere are some good people in the branches but corporate doesn't even know about them.

ConsThere is NO communication, employees are treated as non-entities up and down the line. The management starting at the corporate level and going down the line is very poor generally. Cronyism is in full control.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither get someone who knows what they are doing to be the top-dog or sell the company.

Broken chain of communication

Winter Park, FL

ProsThe branch that I worked at was blessed to have some of the greatest, goal driven, motivated individuals anyone can ask to find.

ConsNo privacy, no anonymity, cannot in good faith try to share/ discuss /resolve any issues within the branches or corporate office.. because they allowed too much trust in their top dog the administrator and or DOPS

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the overall picture.. retention is vital and important, word of mouth is important too many changes to soon without plans to back up the changes only hurts those most loyal and trust worthy... the board of directors has no real clue as to what's going on in the branches.. You have key individuals with their own agendas and selfish schemes doing what is best for them and not the company nor the employees.

There is no communication with the staff.. town hall meetings don't exist with upper management that provide a neutral work environment. Administrators are allowed to bring onboard friends and former colleagues and provide the references needed for them without corp HR doing their due diligence and investigating the information as they do for the little guys.

Salaries are inflated for friends, and the over all business is being falsely represented to the board and upper management by the very people entrusted to be honest, responsible and respectful.

former employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWas a great learning experience.

ConsThey do not value their employees.

Don't waste your time with this company

Largo, FL

Prosgreat proximity to st pete and clearwater

Consjobs are not really what they are advertised to be; manager at this location lacks management skills and is verbally abusive; local manager does not know the company well enough to train office staff; long-term office staff is devious and manipulative and feels threatened by new office staff who are better educated and more experienced, so she sabotages your efforts to successfully complete the introductory period

Advice to Senior Managementbe more selective about the administrators you hire, take action when complaints are brought against long-term staff

Worked for Medical Services of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medical Services of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Medical Services of America CEO Ronnie L. Young. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Medical Services of America employees.