Medical Services of America

Updated September 21, 2014
Updated September 21, 2014
2.1

Ronnie L. Young

Great place to work that encourages creativity and team-work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I worked at Medical Services of America

Pros

Friendly environment with access to upper management
    Great work/life balance
    Family based work atmosphere with a dedicated patient focus mentality

Cons

Opportunity to advancement but without increase in compensation
    Could buck up the technology to increase access to patient information
    Overall, a really great place to work!

Keep up the good work and thank you for allowing your employees to have a voice regarding policy and procedure!

I like working for the company

I have been working at Medical Services of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great independence and communication. Board has employees best interest in mind.

Cons

Limited travel budget. Benefits not the greatest

Compare to other agencies and be more in the market.

Great opportunity with a lot of learning experience.

I have been working at Medical Services of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Freedom, stability and pride in a independant company.

Cons

Financial restrictions in marketing, supplies and salary.

Better communication.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Needlessly stressful and descriminatory working conditions with high turn-over.

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Medical Services of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Medi Home Care- Good Regional Manager
    Semi-flexible work hours
    Understanding Regional when life situations occur.
    Patients come first. Often times providing free supplies when indigent are unable to afford care or supplies.

Cons

High workplace turnover of staff.
    No raises during my 3 yrs of employment
    Office manager treats staff like dirt
    Minority descrimination
    Patients are generally presumed to be right and staff are in the wrong when rare pt. complaints are made.

Deal immediately with staff complaints.
    Enforce and adhere to non-denominational policy.
    Reward your employees with raises to reinforce good performance and reduce turnover.

Nice work enviroment but communication weak.

Current Employee - File Clerk
    Current Employee - File Clerk

Pros

Good benefits, friendly coworkers, not bad hours

Cons

poor communication between staff and regional office, salary vs hourly staff expectations

Hourly and casual status staff are expected to work and put forth extra effort when salary staff do not have to. Salary staff should be expected to put forth more!

Clinicians give great care to patients.

I have been working at Medical Services of America

Pros

I Love working with patients

Cons

Rules change based on company need.

Disorganized management, minimal direction or resources for sales staff.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Medical Services of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

The regional sales manager RARELY made an office visit, so micromanagement was minimal. My location manager handled the office operations and my job was to generate referrals. We got along great and worked together to keep our office in business.

Cons

Serious lack of resources for sales reps. We had monthly meetings but I had to make a ridiculously long drive every month to the corporate office for a meeting that provided little value as far as increasing sales and developing selling skills. As a rep, I had to make my own sales materials. Literally, copying and pasting our company logo and local office information to printouts from our vendor's websites. Due to the competitive bidding process, the company has been in the process of restructuring, and many people lost their jobs. I was told that I would be able to move to another local office and keep my job, only to find out later in a voicemail that this may not be the case. My regional sales manager jumped ship just before the switch was supposed to occur. The new regional manager never reached out, so I emailed him to discuss the move to the new location. He told me in an email that everyone in our office, including me, was being "severanced". Yes, he made that word up. I had never even met this man and he did not even have the professional courtesy to pick up the phone to let me know. DO NOT take a sales job with this company. If you can help it, DO NOT take any job with this company. Management is in complete disarray and nobody knows who to report to. If you are desperate, make sure you negotiate a higher salary before you go on board, or don't expect a raise. There were some quarters where sales commissions simply weren't paid. I was lucky enough to get out with a severance package, but many of the employees at the corporate office were brought into their manager's office and told they were being fired for breaking some rule. There were specific instances when these rules were made up just to have an excuse to fire the employee, as the employee had no idea that the rule or guideline existed or had been changed.

Get your act together and be more transparent with your employees. Establish goals as a team with your employees and work together to achieve them. Provide them with the resources to get the job done instead of scaling back and expecting them to provide results. It takes money to make money.

Home health field nurse

I have been working at Medical Services of America

Pros

Flexible schedule, good work load, ethical, centrally located, well supplied , is a good place to start out in home health work

Cons

Do not value employees, no incentives, or positive feedback on performance, punitive management, no in services to keep employees up on changes

Better performance reviews, human resource managers

Office Manager

Former Employee - Office Manager
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at Medical Services of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Benefits, Great training will be provided for the position you are hired for.

Cons

Low Morale, Retention is very high.

Require management employees to have more education for their position.

Broken chain of communication

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Medical Services of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The branch that I worked at was blessed to have some of the greatest, goal driven, motivated individuals anyone can ask to find.

Cons

No privacy, no anonymity, cannot in good faith try to share/ discuss /resolve any issues within the branches or corporate office.. because they allowed too much trust in their top dog the administrator and or DOPS

Look at the overall picture.. retention is vital and important, word of mouth is important too many changes to soon without plans to back up the changes only hurts those most loyal and trust worthy... the board of directors has no real clue as to what's going on in the branches.. You have key individuals with their own agendas and selfish schemes doing what is best for them and not the company nor the employees.

There is no communication with the staff.. town hall meetings don't exist with upper management that provide a neutral work environment. Administrators are allowed to bring onboard friends and former colleagues and provide the references needed for them without corp HR doing their due diligence and investigating the information as they do for the little guys.

Salaries are inflated for friends, and the over all business is being falsely represented to the board and upper management by the very people entrusted to be honest, responsible and respectful.

Worked for Medical Services of America? Contribute to the Community!