www.msnhealth.com

Updated January 21, 2015
Updated January 21, 2015
2.5

William J. Grubbs

Pros
  • Headquarters is in a nice location in Boca Raton (in 3 reviews)

• They are going through a transition to Cross country which seems to be a look on the bright side (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not have a clue what is going on with branches nor field staff (in 8 reviews)

• I hope Cross Country treats the employees better, and not just the management team (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Not what I expected.

I have been working at Medical Staffing Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is the first time I've ever done recruiting and I'm thankful I was given the chance. I love building relationships with the clients we serve as well as with the people we're trying to recruit and those who are already on board as active employees.

Cons

I took this position believing that I would have the opportunity to travel and make connections. Instead, I'm on the phone all day long...I feel like I'm in a call center most days and am looking for another job. Also, I don't feel there's any room for advancement.

There needs to be incentives for a job well done. More complements, less criticism.

A people person that enjoys to work with all kinds of people and learn something new every time.

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Medical Staffing Network

Pros

Enjoy working with people, but also like to do diffrent kinds if things at the job site

Cons

When people or coworkers dont worm together and we should all together to be able to work happy

Talk to each co workers to see if they are happy with their jobs and to see if there's any concerns, because sometimes someone is not happy where they work. Then it makes the work environment unhappy and hard to work.

Positive experience with the OKC office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Medical Staffing Network (more than 3 years)

Pros

I personally have had nothing but positive experiences with the OKC Office unlike the other reviewer who was apparently terminated. I find all of their staff, management and under, to be professional, caring and easy to work with. The assignments are the best in the metro for agency nursing and the pay is competitive.

Cons

I currently do not have anything negative to report as for as this company and the assignments go.

Paper work overload. No one know's what's going on or what's required!

Current Employee - Travel
    Current Employee - Travel

I have been working at Medical Staffing Network as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Much the same as any big travel company.

Cons

Ridiculous amount of repeat paperwork within a year. Unable to keep up with who has had what vaccination and making you repeat them at your expense. Very inefficient!

Stream line your compliance process and keep complete files so the worker doesn't have to redo things again because "we can't find it."

Excellent Evaluation One Week - Terminated The Next Week!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Medical Staffing Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was great assignments at great hospitals with daily pay. Unfortunately, they pretty much have the market cornered if you want to work in a good hospital through agency staffing in this metropolitan area.

Cons

The Oklahoma City office is run by managers who are uncaring and vindictive! Many of the management staff in this office are related to each other. The management at this office is horrible! I received excellent evaluations from them and I even received raises. However, payroll constantly made "mistakes" on my daily paychecks. They hated this being brought to their attention! I was always professional with management and I always provided excellent patient care at the hospitals. When they fired me, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I didn't even see it coming because there was no indication that anything was wrong! They were verbally abusive, unreasonable, and accused me of absurd lies! I have a disabled child, I didn't do anything wrong, and they were determined to fire me anyway! It devastated my family and when I called the Corporate Office, Employee Relations Department, they didn't care and didn't call me back!

Get all new managers and payroll managers in the Oklahoma City office. They have no compassion for their employees! The Corporate Office in Boca Raton should investigate when an employee with excellent evaluations is dismissed! Employee Relations Department should call people back and not side with management!

Terrible management.

Current Employee - Information Technology in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Medical Staffing Network full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Headquarters is in a nice location in Boca Raton. Pay was just OK. Other than that not much.

Cons

During my tenure there always seemed to be the threat of layoffs. Always searching for a way to stay out of the red. The usual go to was "lets fire some people and close some branches". Many incompetent people in middle management who fell into the positions due to length of employment.

Place a value on employee retention. Make smarter hiring decisions. Stop hiring one day than firing the next.

I have been employed with this company for 3 years and love it!

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Medical Staffing Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competative salary.
    Able to receive payment for completed job assignment in a timely manner.

Cons

The company is based in Memphis (branch office) and they have limited jobs available in my area which makes it necessary for me to travel 1 hr. to 2 hrs. to work.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Medical Staffing Network as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone works very hard to make sure all your questions are answered, to make sure your job and housing are ready when you travel to new destination. Great recruiters!

Cons

Haven't really found any in time I have worked for them.

None

Avoid if you can

Former Employee - Corporate in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Corporate in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Medical Staffing Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok and you have weekends off. Some of the people here are great to work with. They are going through a transition to Cross country which seems to be a look on the bright side.

Cons

Compensation is not great compared to the amount of work that they want you to do. They do not appreciate their workers and the management does not know how to communicate with employees. They have no compassion when you need time off for what ever reason. They are short staffed and will consume you with work and dont take this into consideration before they write you up.

Treat your employees with respect. They are your employees not your children. There is management their that talks to her workers in a condescending tone. Management should know how to separate their personal feelings from the job. Moral is very low in the work place. Something needs to be done or you will continue to lose your key players.

Below Average Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Medical Staffing Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers were the best and the physical work environment was very nice.

Cons

Benefits and salaries were below standard. Very low morale for the past several years.

Senior management has become top heavy over the past several years. They need to listen to their employees and try to improve morale.

Medical Staffing Network Photos