Medicis Pharmaceutical

Be The First To
Add Photos

Medicis Pharmaceutical Chairman and CEO Jonah Shacknai

Jonah Shacknai

One of the best companies I ever worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat leadership, wonderful products, paid for performance, benefits are the best.

ConsSold to another company who didn't have the same values of Medicis.

great experience

Marketing Associate (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

Prosgreat work great environment to work in

Consfast paced up tempo hard work

......

ProsThere was opportunity to make good money at the cost of ethics

ConsPoor culture, extremely unethical, management by fear

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHad great products, the people were awesome, the company culture was great.

ConsNo complaints, overall a great place to be.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

WAS a Great Company - RIP Medicis

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe people, the technology, the pace, the work environment

ConsPurchased by Valeant - now a desolate, depressing place

Where much is given, much is expected.

Coordinator (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsWe were well compensated and had great benefits before Valeant took over. It typically was a great work environment before Sept. 2012. After the news of the Valeant acquisition, employee moral dropped significantly. The "real" Medicis died on 12/14/2012.

ConsLate hours, lots of overtime, boys- club mentality. Many hoops to go through just to get something through the FAC process. The process was much more complicated than it needed to be.

Good Company under old management

Senior Graphic Artist (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood healthcare, coworkers, benefits, reasonable salary

Consheavy time investment as they foster a workaholic attitude. Status unknown under current (new) management

Great pay...if you want to work for upper management that treats you as disposable

Sales (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsIncome was great; stress was, too

ConsCompany comp plan forces employees to pay the company $$ back if they don't hit at least 85%
    Mob mentality in upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, they are gone now with the Valeant purchase

Enjoyed my time at Medicis

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsJob growth was great, salary and bonuses were great too. Manager was competent and fun to work with. Creativity was encouraged and my ideas were taken seriously. Flexible work environment and great culture. The people were phenomenal and competent in their job skills and level. Employee training and support were superb.

ConsIt was sold to another pharmaceutical company and all of the great aspects of the company went away.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's too bad the company was sold, I enjoyed my time very much.

Great company to work for, in the right department

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThis review is before the Valeant acquisition and will most likely not apply after. Great perks; yoga classes, game room, benefits, 401K/ profit sharing, and competitive salaries.

ConsVery process heavy, regulatory and legal processes are extensive for all departments. Some higher up management are not good managers and would be best utilized in other areas. Certain departments do not recognize hard work; advancement opportunities come through being here a long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementReallocate manager positions to those that can and want to manage people.

Worked for Medicis Pharmaceutical? Contribute to the Community!