Medicis Pharmaceutical

Medicis Pharmaceutical Chairman and CEO Jonah Shacknai

Jonah Shacknai

Great!

IT Service Desk Technician and IT Trainer (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsI think the IT department has been a cohesive backbone for this company and that was because we brought our desk up to ITIL standards

ConsI cannot think anything negative to say about this company. Our team comes in and gets the job done.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within

Love Working Here!

Finance & Accounting (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsCompany is growing rapidly, which translates into opportunities for you to work on special projects that support business growth initiatives.

ConsCompany generally hires seasoned professional. It's a little more difficult to get into the door if you are just out of college.

Would give it a Zero if possible.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsCompensation and benefits are higher than scale. Brand new facilities make for an enjoyable experience on the surface. The company tries to hire good looking people, so there's that.

ConsCheck your soul at the door. If you have any idea about value proposition, you will hate this company. The most highly political place I've ever seen. Poor communications.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to come together to form a company wide strategy. "Making the most money possible" does not count as a strategy. Most senior level managers will not make a decision due to this lack of corporate strategy... or they may just be happy to collect a paycheck and would hate to draw attention to themselves for being incompentent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Toxic

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGood benefits - especially on the prescription side

ConsCulture is toxic. Bottom line all that matters.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll incompetent. Fox is watching the hen house

Proceed with caution

Sales (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsCompensation can be good but you have to sacrafice values and work life balance to get to that point.

ConsIncompetent middle management, no opportunities for growth, highly political work environment and unethical leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart training your people rether than promoting them. Take responsibility for lack of leadership and hold middle management and sales representatives accountable for unethical behavior instead of rewarding it. Think with your head, instead of letting your ego guide you in decision making.

Enjoyed my time at Medicis

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsJob growth was great, salary and bonuses were great too. Manager was competent and fun to work with. Creativity was encouraged and my ideas were taken seriously. Flexible work environment and great culture. The people were phenomenal and competent in their job skills and level. Employee training and support were superb.

ConsIt was sold to another pharmaceutical company and all of the great aspects of the company went away.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's too bad the company was sold, I enjoyed my time very much.

Great compensation, but most negative management style out there.

Aesthetics Sales Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsGreat commission structure, employees are quality people, great products.

ConsYou will NEVER hear a word about anything you did well on, but you WILL hear it immediately if you do not perform well, or simply make your goals. You will be asked multiple times throughout the day by your manager where you are for sales when you're close to a kicker date, you will be micromanaged & your job threatened constantly. Medicis does NOT value their salespeople- they truly believe you are completely replaceable & that there are tons of others waiting for your job. They also do not invest in marketing their brands. Look at Dysport- not even a real player in the toxin market after 2 years!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementPut some $$$$ behind your products (Dysport) & get in the game or sell it to someone who will. It deserves a bigger piece of the market- its a GREAT product. Dr's don't want to be your salespeople- Do DTC!!!!!
    And read a book or two on modern management & how to get the most out of your employees. Its not through constant negativity & threats. Its through positive reinforcement & development.

Great learning experience.

Territory Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompensation is great if you're performing.
    Great ability to pursue additional career options.

ConsCompliance is a bear---harrowing and mandating everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the sales force to do its job.

Worked for Medicis Pharmaceutical? Contribute to the Community!