Medicus Healthcare Solutions Reviews

4.0
Joe Matarese

1. Great Culture, Great Company

I have been working at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

I have been with Medicus almost 5 years now and each year has honestly been better than the last. I am constantly learning, being challenged in new ways, and am provided continuous opportunity and support to develop and grow with the organization. It is clear that management recognizes the importance and benefits of an engaged workforce and as a result, they invest a great deal of time and resources in developing and rewarding their employees. Great company to work for and a great team to work with across the board.

Cons

I don't really have any "cons". The team at Medicus is self-motivated and driven to achieve results and beat records. It can be hard work, but its a fun, supportive environment and everyone is rowing in the same direction and working towards the same end goals.

2. Recruiter

Former Employee - Recruiter in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Lakewood, CO

Pros

Great Corporate Leadership. Focuses on employee wellbeing and rewards.

Cons

Recruiting is a high turnover job. Often didn't have enough work to recruit for.

3. Growth Company

Current Employee - Sales in Windham, NH
    Current Employee - Sales in Windham, NH

I have been working at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced growth company where hard workers will be rewarded. Plenty of room for advancement and professional growth. This company will take the time to educate and grow their employees with trainings, guest speakers, conferences, etc. If you have a winning attitude, growth mindset and like to have fun, then this is a great company to work for.

Cons

Not enough parking because we are growing so fast...

5. Growth Company with lots of opportunity

Current Employee - Training Manager in Windham, NH
    Current Employee - Training Manager in Windham, NH

Pros

Rapidly growing company with a lot of opportunity based on skillset and talent. Value the employees with events, cash bonuses, small perks like a Friday Beer Cart and monthly luncheon to keep everyone in the know. These are differentiators and make coming to the office more enjoyable. Hard workers are rewarded!

Cons

Working for a growth company is not for the faint of heart. Have to roll with the punches, wear many hats at times and carry a full plate. However, it pays off to stay with this company because many initiatives that get started are carried out and come to fruition over time.

6. Recruiter

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medicus has provided me with training, opportunity, and a supportive environment to learn and grow. I don't think there is more that I can ask from a company than that. They have invested so much in me and in every other employee I have worked with. This investment, coupled with the opportunity to make life changing income, has been more than I could have ever expected a company to offer me. The upper management truly cares about their employees. They value their opinions and they want their people to be happy inside and outside of work. This balance leads to productive people who want to work hard for their company. This philosophy trickles down to all levels of management. There is a job to be done and a goal in mind, but the balance is there. The perks of Medicus are outstanding. Holiday parties, summer outings, Presidents Club vacations, rewards programs for new cars, etc. The company offers more incentives and opportunities for incentives to it's employees than any other place I have worked. Growth potential! This is a growth company. I have seen the company grow since joining. This growth provides opportunity to rise within the company. With opportunity, comes more salary and responsibility. Which they help to provide structure and training for. The most important "pro", to me, is that I am valued here. My thoughts, ideas, and experiences are taken into consideration and I am truly not a number or low level employee. Everyone has a seat at the table to share ideas. This has shown me that my superiors respect and value me. I could not recommend Medicus enough to a qualified candidate.

Cons

I have really no "cons" about the company. We are a growth company and experience the challenges of that, but I think management does a great job navigating it and keeps pushing us forward. The pace is fast here. I have seen people who can keep up and others who can't. It is important that anyone who is looking to work at Medicus, be aware of that. Also, it is a sales/recruiting company, so you are expected to hit certain numbers and metrics. I don't think this is a con at all, but it is not for everyone. Recruiters are held accountable for their output and if you can accept that and thrive in that environment, it is a great place to work.

7. Fast-Paced but Rewarding Job

I have been working at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medicus is a fun, enjoyable place to work. Days go by fast and I do not dread going to work every morning. Training is great and allows you to succeed in your job. Medicus does not let you fail. Recruiting is not an easy job by far but if you have the will you will succeed. I am a very motivated individual and I love seeing myself succeed every month!

Cons

Sometimes we are in our own bubble and are so focused on our division, sometimes communication with other departments may be difficult at times, however I know that every company may have an issue with this and that I know the other departments and my division have been working on the best ways for us to communicate to each other. Not just a phone call to one person but having weekly updates by meetings, spreadsheets etc. We are a team and we all work together.

8. Great Company for People Who Want to Succeed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windham, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windham, NH

Pros

This is the company you want to work at if you are goal oriented, competitive and have a desire to succeed. They provide extensive training and development for those in Delivery or Sales - all with the goal of providing them with the tools and platform to succeed. However, the rest is up to the employee. It is no secret, the recruiting job is a very tough and challenging role - not all will succeed. It requires hard work and determination - we are in business because hospitals, clinics and practices need help and cannot do it on their own. The upside? Extensive reward and recognition; President's Club (Trip to Warm Destination), perks such as a luxury company car and a healthy commission check. Culture is fantastic and the spouses & family are appreciated just as much because without them we wouldn't be able dedicate the time needed to make this company grow.

Cons

It is a tough job - period. It requires commitment and extreme hard work. Some days, you wonder why you do it and then you get the win, the recognition and the paycheck. It isn't for everyone. New management and leads are being added every day because of the significant growth, so you may experience managers that are less "mature" than others, but the company is invested in their growth with great programs such as Medicus University. This presents HUGE opportunities for those who aspire to become leaders but don't have the experience yet on their resume.

9. Big Talk, Little Return

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Windham, NH
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Windham, NH

I worked at Medicus Healthcare Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Its hard to come up with some good pros for medicus. The office location is nice.

Cons

Coming in they talked a big game about company culture and mertiocracy. In the end it was simply like being in high school all over again. Clicky culture and if you aren't one of them- lifes not fun. Their training culture is quite slimy in my perspective- calling into hospitals and pretending you are someone important to talk to a doctor. I can't even tell you the number of times i was screamed at for interrupting during patient care. Quite unprofessional. If you are looking to relive your high school days and practice slimy recruiting- this is for you.

Advice to Management

Have appropriate leadership. Teams need to be cultivated. Learn to recruit honestly- not with lack of ethical consideration to the practice of medicine.

10. More like a high school, than a multi-million doallar organization

I worked at Medicus Healthcare Solutions (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Facility, mostly great people

Cons

High school drama, not truthful on performance reviews, if you don't play the "game", then you better update your resume quickly, because you are next, the turnover is some of the worst in the industry

Advice to Management

stop thinking about yourselves, and think about the company, the employees

Big Leagues Recruiting

Current Employee - Recruiter in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Salem, NH

Pros

Medicus does not micromanage you. You are free to be your own person and get to the level you need to be at, with plenty of support along the way. If you are good, they will aim to make you the best. If you aren't good, they will help you try to be as good as you can be with plenty of support along the way. If you are negative, do not work well with others, or make decisions that affect your performance, Medicus will chew you up and spit you out. This is the Big League. The top performers drive the car of their choice paid for by Medicus (typically Mercedes). You will be a member of an elite group of individuals and Medicus does a good job making EVERYONE feel that way. If the company passes a milestone, EVERYONE is awarded. Usually a cash bonus on a Friday...they walk around handing everyone $100 bills. It really is a very well funded company. You can tell by the way they pay people. No one wants to leave. They are asked to leave if they aren't any good. Another pro: if you are good at something, but not necessarily the position you were hired for, there will be something for you at Medicus. Good people are always utilized and given a shot to be a part of the team...no matter where that would be in the company. I've seen that happen plenty of times...no good in E.R.? Really good recruiter? Try Psych! And more times than not, they end up being SUPER successful in that field. So, you have to respect the company for having that type of vision for a great producer....if you are talented and need to find out how, Medicus will tell you if you really are and how you can use your talent.

Cons

Medicus will chew you up and spit you out. So, this may be a con for someone that "just needs a job". Just as Medicus gives you the freedom to achieve, it also is a recipe for failure if you don't have the drive. If you are just another number, Medicus is not the place for you...and you will find that out soon enough. This is obviously going to be a "con" for some. It is a reality though. You need to have the drive to succeed. If you are just another number, do yourself a favor and do not apply.

Advice to Management

Build a gym for your employees. It's already like a country club here....let's go all the way!!

RSS Feed </> Embed