Medicus Healthcare Solutions

Updated November 3, 2014
Updated November 3, 2014
3.8

Joe Matarese

Fast paced and fun recruiting company located in New Hampshire.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windham, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windham, NH

I worked at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Culture: Medicus has an awesome culture. Work never felt like work because it had such a great vibe. It was a fun and welcoming place to work, with some great people. Senior level managers and above spent time getting to know all employees, so you weren't just a number in the organization.
    Development: Medicus had a lot of opportunities for personal development, which I loved because I wanted to advance in my career. Some of the development opportunities included: monthly lectures from guest speakers, MedU, mentors, etc
    Perks: Medicus offered a ton of perks… and I actually didn't realize it until I started to write some of them down. Below are my top 3, but there were so many things that Medicus offered that a lot of other companies do not.
    Cocktail Parties: Medicus had a lot of cocktail parties that started at 4. This was a great way to unwind, and it also allowed you time to meet other employees that weren't in your department.
    Cash Incentive: While I was there they had a monthly incentive that when the company hit the goal that the COO announced, then all the employees would get $100 cash. They did this for a few months. (It was great that they didn't limit this to only the sales team, rather they included everyone. So all departments were working towards a common goal... and it created a really fun vibe for the organization.)
    Summer and Winter Party: Medicus has a party in both the summer and winter. The summer one is typically at Cederdale and employees are allowed to bring their spouse and/or children. The winter one is like a wedding, everyone gets dressed up in cocktail attire and gets treated to a great meal and a hotel that they have to pay ½ of the price for. I thought this was awesome because you got to cut loose with your peers. This was one of my favorite Medicus’ perks.

After reading my pros above you are probably thinking I currently work at Medicus or someone in management wrote this review, but I am actually a Medicus Alum. Leaving Medicus was one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make, as when I was offered an interview at my new place of employment I wasn't even looking for a new job, because I enjoyed going to work every day. Like life, Medicus had its highs and lows, but overall it was a great place to work and I learned so much about the working world and myself. I think that it’s a great company to work for, and you will not regret going to work there.

Cons

Medicus is still constantly growing and evolving, so you need to be flexible and open to processes changing. This can be considered both a good or bad thing. It didn't bother me too much, but I needed to be open to changing my way of thinking.

If I could encourage management to do anything, I would recommend that they continue to invest in their employees. I think that this is the most important thing they can continue to do. Promoting from within is a better approach, as they don't have the learning curve of the business.
    The second thing I would recommend they do is continue to listen to their employees. Medicus had round tables quarterly with the COO and Director of Operations where they asked for any suggestions from the employees. This was great because a lot of great initiatives came from this, and it also promoted an open environment.

Impressive Growth and Company Culture!!

Current Employee - Account Development Executive in Windham, NH
    Current Employee - Account Development Executive in Windham, NH

I have been working at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is evident that this company goes out of their way to ensure that employees are satisfied and receiving the support they need. Executives are accessible and will do what it takes to support you and be sure that you are successful. My colleagues are all team players and recognize that we all contribute to the overall success of the company. If you do your job, and do it well...opportunities are endless, as well as incentive dollars!

Cons

parking situation is tight, but there are plans to expand the parking area :-)

keep up the good work. Continue to reward employees, company contests, encourage employees to get together outside of work hours, and support the need for work like balance. Also, continue the innovative qualities that have made this company grow faster than any other in the industry!!

Best place to work!

I have been working at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is easy to talk to, friendly, out going, creative

Cons

No cons to report here

Growing Company & Industry - yet stressful

Current Employee - PSC
    Current Employee - PSC

I have been working at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

As a company that is growing at a rapid speed, you're able to refer people you think and gain a referral bonus. Medicus is a young, hip company where you can create relationship and take them outside of work while remaining professional in the work place. You build your own paycheck with commissions and bonuses, on top of your salary. Management is always willing to work with you and give you guidance when you need it and ask for it. Willing to accommodate to your schedule if you have family or other issues. Overall, a great group of people to work with.

Cons

You build your own pay check - if you don't hit one weeks worth of goal you team is not eligible to make team bonus that month, which I don't agree with. There is a lot of stress entailed with all the jobs here at Medicus. You are on call 24/7 and are held accountable, even if something is not in your control.

Great culture, fast growing company that cares about employees

Current Employee - Recruiter in Windham, NH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Windham, NH

Pros

Company growth is impressive, seems like each month is breaking a record. Fast pace environment with the chance to make good money. It's a hard job but the hard work pays off. Company lunches and late afternoon meetings with beer and wine are fun. Managers are flexible if you have to go to appts. 6 week long training period before moved to a practice. People that post big numbers get lots of recognition and awards. Hope to be one of those people in a year.

Cons

Company is always adding people, sometimes feels like you don't know people that have been here a while.

Chance to meet more people during training.

Smiling Faces when you first start.......High school drama the longer you stay

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company builds itself off of great culture and leadership, people are friendly when you first come on board and willing to help you, the owner, Joe, remembers your name and will talk to you and make you feel at home, great commissions plan for hard workers, money is not an issue when it comes to company outings and parties.

Cons

After a while you realize that those in management positions are very clicky, the atmosphere is more like High School, many in management are not great leaders and will not support you if you give your input, if you do not run with the crowd you will be made to feel like an outsider, when asking for help many of the solutions is to just do more thus making you feel that you are never doing enough. Some of those that are in managerial positions act as if they are better than you, one specifically stating he will not put his own trash bag in his trash can and stating its not his job. The company is starting to turn like a burn and churn company. When i first started the company was about bringing on business professionals who had families and would work hard to provide for their family. Now those people are being kicked out and company is bringing in people who are either just out of college or have no business experience (they have hired hair stylist, teachers etc)

Keep a close eye on managers. Just recently i have seen several people leave because of bad managers. They will make or break your business. What we do is hard enough and its harder to do our jobs when we have bad management. Also, would be nice if Joe the owner would walked around to say hi again. He use to do that and it made me feel good knowing that he was interested in talking to me.

Good company

Former Employee - Recruiter in Salem, NH
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Salem, NH

I worked at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

make your own income from what you put in. great culture and everyone is very friendly

Cons

can be clicky, tough for advancement, can be at the same level of job title for ever, revenue vs. recruiter commission seems one sided.

n/a

Sales

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Culture and leadership is amazing. Growing industry is helpful. Company is an industry leader and has great reputation in the market. Very innovative in its approach with clients.

Cons

Hard work. Lots of cold calling. You have to be a good team player because in order to be successful you rely on others heavily.

Would have stayed forever if I didn't have to relocate

Smoking mirrors and empty promises

Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I worked at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Windham, NH is a beautiful campus. All upper-management started the company and worked their way up the ranks.

Cons

While working out of the Denver office, I realized that the Denver office and NH office followed different morals, beliefs and a business philosophy. The Denver office has very poor management and is not even close to being profitable.

Take a hard look at the management in place in Denver. Great training program in NH, but no continued training in Denver and a very cut-throat environment.

Great bonuses, impossible to obtain

Former Employee - Data Entry in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Nashua, NH

I worked at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is potential for high bonuses

Cons

Management is uninvolved, bonuses are impossible to obtain, co workers are not willing to help each other

Medicus Healthcare Solutions Photos