Medidata Solutions

www.mdsol.com

Great Company

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Fast paced and challenging.

Cons

Fast growing company that is dealing with some growing pains.

Excellent!!

I worked at Medidata Solutions

Pros

Too many to list, what I liked best was the bonus and generous time off.

Cons

None that I wish to share in this forum except LONG hours

They claim they have an open door policy but that is just smoke and mirrors.

Please don't work at Medidata

I have been working at Medidata Solutions

Pros

Use of modern technology. Pay is towards top of the market. If you are an long-term employee you were probably promoted many times.

Cons

Long hours. Too many mid level managers. Sales and Engineering departments matter, the rest are unimportant. Few career paths.

I don't recommend working at Medidata.

More matters than the stock price. Listen to your employees, not HR.

Please avoid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a company with a great company mission - to help save and enhance quality of life. We do a great job for our customers because we care about their success. Great products and services, and some nice new office space globally.

Cons

The cons all center around a bad company culture, which includes politics, favoritism, and an ineffective HR department that has gone severely downhill in the last year+. First, if you want to advance at this company, what you need to do is get in good with executive management, and that has nothing to do with doing a great job and working hard; you have to play politics and be a "yes man". It's all about kissing up and favoritism. Second, with the new head of HR, there have been many "initiatives" and very little if any success in any of them. HR used to be a very effective, trusted, successful department, but no more. Last, rumor and gossip seem to fuel this company, coming mostly from the head of HR and shockingly, from those closest to the CEO and President including executive management and the executive assistant.

Keep up the good work with respect to how we treat our customers and how innovative we are as a company. Please improve HR back to the way it was, because the culture has gone downhill at the same time as the new HR department came in, and that can't be a coincidence.

Not the place to work, under any circumstances….

Current Employee - IT Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Salaries are competitive, but you pay in your soul.

Cons

In the past year and 3 months, the company has taken a serious turn for the worse. The environment has become hostile and many employees are in fear of loosing their job, if they haven't already.

The Product development team suffers from poor leadership at the top. The Product itself has significant quality and reliability issues as can be confirmed by the customer base. The software development team can not get organized in order to fix significant problems with the application, and the customer suffers.

The Executive team can not seem to hire talented leaders to pull the company together. The recent effort has backfired on the Executive team and there will be a price to pay very shortly.

Unfortunately, the customer base will feel most of the pain for misguided, unqualified leadership throughout the company.

I'm not sure the Executive management team is even listening, but in a nut shell, take a step back and start over!!!

The best company I've ever worked for!

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits and compensation packages are excellent; laid back attitude; open to new ideas; embraces innovation in their core infrastructure; corporate promises are actually realized in corporate policies (e.g. they walk the walk)

Cons

None, that I've experienced so far.

Keep doing what you're doing. Transparency and genuine interest in the welfare of your employees is important and evident in how you operate!

Good

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Medidata Solutions as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly people. Good location (used to be a block away from Union Square). Pays well for internship (and other job opportunities from what I've seen). Very casual business casual throughout the week.

Cons

Old hardware & software programs.

Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Culture of promoting personal growth and a highly supportive environment

Cons

None that I can think of

The most progressive company I've been a part of

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Meaningful mission and work, intelligent and down-to-earth colleagues, incredible new facilities and benefits, trustworthy and committed senior leadership team, supportive work environment, all the resources you need to contribute to the continued success of the company which translates down the line to successful patient outcomes

Cons

Medidata is a fast-moving and nimble company which can mean lots of change. For some that's intimidating, but most people here are highly adaptable and thrive with constant change.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cutting edge but mature technology, good modern methodologies and great people. Definitely feel like your voice is heard on any issue. Great benefits and company culture, really fun place to work.

Cons

Not many negatives, as others have said with such a large company can be difficult to keep everyone on same page with current best practices. We do try, but it is difficult.

Don't lose the startup vibe!

Medidata Solutions Photos