Medifast Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Very Impressed with Medifast

I have been working at Medifast full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Medifast, Inc. has strong core values. This is a company that emphasizes wellness and healthy living for its costumers and employees. As part of the technical team, there is excellent project ownership and encouragement to lead innovation and bring new ideas to the table. The company is also willing to invest in graduate education for its employees.

Cons

There is room to develop career growth opportunities for employees within the organization.

Advice to Management

This is the time to take risks, update core message, invest and improve marketing and communication initiatives. Great opportunity to get to know the current customer and consumer even more.

2. Very Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Medifast full-time

Pros

Altruistic Mission, Family-Owned & Family Atmosphere, Highly Collaborative Teamwork Environment, Highly Profitable, Great Co-Workers, Diversifiel & Multi-Level Sales Channel Model Help Mitigate Market Risk, Competitive Benefits Package, Good Work/Life Balance

Cons

Still Seeking Identity In A Challenging Market Space, Multi-Channel Business Fragments Corporate Strategies, Advertising Spend Low & Minimally Effective, Antiquated Operating Systems

Advice to Management

The next 6 months are pivotal -- not so much the financial results that will be achieved in that time window, but the infrastructure that will be laid for future success.

3. Amazing Company to Work for!

I have been working at Medifast full-time

Pros

Medifast is a company with a great mission and committed Leadership. You know everyday that you're serving customers who want to make their lives better. The company pays competitively and has great benefits (including a company gym for employees). The company also has a very generous PTO plan and does a good job promoting work/life balance. Overall a really great company to work for!

Cons

A stronger profit sharing plan and stock ownership plan would be nice.

Advice to Management

Continuing focus on company growth and maintaining work/life balance.

5. Director

Current Employee - Director in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Director in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Medifast

Pros

Medifast is a very mission-focused organization that invests in the communities it serves through community outreach programs and volunteerism. I am genuinely impressed with the number of employees who believe wholeheartedly in the company's mission and work hard to improve our customers' overall health and wellness.
    Medifast offers an excellent benefits package, including free gym membership, free and discounted products, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid vacation and holidays.
    Medifast is conveniently located in the Greater Baltimore area with easy access to major highways. Easily accessible, employer-provided parking is a real plus - especially during the winter months!

Cons

Lean, but efficient operations.
    Small business mindset.

Advice to Management

Continue to recruit and retain talented employees and support them with training and professional development opportunities. Explore opportunities to enhance executive development and mentoring programs.

6. Love working here

I have been working at Medifast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, excellent benefits (matchig 401k, free health club membership, generous PTO, affordable health/dental plans)

Cons

None that I can think of.

Surprise closure of 34 centers

Former Employee - Senior Counselor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Counselor in Tampa, FL

I worked at Medifast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The members were the best part of the job. Salary was decent for the work performed as a counselor.

Cons

Work hours were terrible. Split schedule, could never have 2 days off in a row. Skeleton crew working conditions meant major planning if you wanted to take a day off and they surprised us on a conference call with the closure of 34 centers (all corporate centers in the south east). On this call we were not allowed to ask any questions and were not told why or what we were supposed to tell our new and old members. To top that off corporate sent an email to the members 1 hour after our conference call, to tell them about the center closures. This led to the assumption that we knew about the closure and did not tell the members.
    We also had to constantly call members that obviously didn't want us to call them, this was done on a weekly basis. This company left a really bad taste in my mouth to say the least.

Advice to Management

Have more respect for your employees and for your members.

I LOVE working at Medifast!!

I have been working at Medifast

Pros

I have been working full-time for Medifast for close to 4 years now and love the FREE Medifast food. I've lost close to 15 pounds in the last few months with the help of Medifast! I also LOVE all of the benefits and employee discounts!

Cons

I wish the profit share program was better.

Advice to Management

Revise the profit share program and allow employee's to purchase Medifast stock through company's 401k plan.

9. Weight Loss Counselor

I have been working at Medifast full-time

Pros

Pay is not bad, and the training is very good. Pretty good place to work.

Cons

Monthly sales goals can be a little high, making it harder for you to get bonuses. Not impossible though.

Advice to Management

You have a trainer who is micromanaging the centers. Its a little insulting to the center directors who are in charge of thier counselors.

is like being in the Mean Girls movie

I worked at Medifast

Pros

Upper managment recruits from the outside looking for Barbie dolls she has worked with in the. Past and over looks great employees. It's got to be her pick.

Cons

Long hours with two and three hour breaks in the middle of the day. Hours always cut to closer to 30 to 35 hours.

Advice to Management

Appreciate and praise your good hard working employees and make the feel valuable.

11. Ever changing,ever evolving,moving forward

Current Employee - Sales/Service in Owings, MD
    Current Employee - Sales/Service in Owings, MD

I have been working at Medifast full-time

Pros

Good benefits. On site fitness facility, work life balance, growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement under grad/grad program

Cons

Poor communication practices to front line.

Advice to Management

Give information to those impacted most first.

RSS Feed </> Embed