Medimedia

Updated Mar 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Simcox

It's like a game of Survivor...

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Medimedia full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe office is clean, safe and comfortable. IT Helpdesk support is absolutely top notch - equipment is nearly always in good working order and there's someone to help. Cafeteria is excellent, with a salad bar, sandwiches and hot platters every day, prices are reasonable and they quickly learn your name. Plenty of parking and easy access for commuters and locals alike. The work-life balance was excellent.

ConsLittle to no advancement potential. They may inflate your title but you will be basically doing the same thing. Cog in a wheel mentality, with little to no change. Any suggestions you make to change processes or go in a different direction will be ignored. My job itself was simplistic but the volume of work was too high. Healthcare communications is a very female-dominated field, therefore, there's tons of petty jealousy, backbiting and undermining going on. I believe the pay is slightly lower than average. The benefits and 401K match are pitiful. Strange, cryptic restructuring announcements several times a year that always seem to result in layoffs followed by re-hiring for basically the same positions. It's like a game of survivor.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain and promote your employees from within to different areas of the company. The work is not difficult and when someone gets burned out in one area there's no reason why they can't transition to another. Female managers really need to check their egos at the door and start supporting each other instead of competing. The repeated restructuring is not working and simply causes internal chaos and confusion. Quit trying to scare and intimidate your employees with sudden CEO announcements (which are never truly positive) and all-hands meetings that wreck morale. Offer better benefits.

I have been working at MediMedia for three years with mostly positive experiences.

I have been working at Medimedia full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe pay is very competitive, a small percentage higher than equal job titles at other comparable companies. Currently they are doing very well, lots of business growth year after year.

ConsExpectation of being available nearly 24-7, including weekends, even for salaried employees. Despite the recent and rapid growth, many departments have still not been staffed appropriately, leading to the long hours. The focus of the company changed recently, and many in the upper management are not equipped to make appropriate decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more staff to meet the work demand. Realize that your current staff is burned out, and is looking to leave due to the lack of response.

Unfortunate Events

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Medimedia full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPeople are great to work with, good compensation

ConsPoor morale, work life balance, company leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on right clients and right people

Horrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Medimedia full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice cafe, nice offices, nice places to shop nearby.

ConsCLUELESS management. They are continuously laying off people only to hire new people, then lay them off as well. If they are getting rid of people, they don't look to put them in another division; they just let them go. Seems not very good to put time and money into training people only to let them go. There is a lot of favoritism. If you suck up to management, they keep you. if you voice your opinions, you are gone. I saw this time and time again. The meeker, easy to control people are the ones who stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the hard-working employees who CARE about QUALITY, not the ones who suck up to you.

Not the place I'd like to get stuck at.

Data Entry Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Medimedia full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe pay was okay but not for a single person living on their own.
The PTO was decent.

ConsLack of communication. Giving certain employees too many tasks, while others just goofed off and were laughing the whole day. Childish employees and constant drama. No feedback. Supervisors that didn't care. Managers you would only see every 2-3 months. Extreme micro-management. Lack of room for growth. Disorganized departments -- at one point they stuck a percentage of our department in a completely different part of the building. Strict dress code. Giving mandatory overtime on short notice.

Worst job ever. Prey on medical graduates without rsidency

Physician Advisor (Former Employee)
Carlstadt, NJ

I worked at Medimedia full-time for less than a year

Prosgood pay.
Good work/life balance.

ConsExtremely rigid environment. Horrible management. pretty much everything what the other people said. people keep getting fired for the most ridiculous things to the point of disgust.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare for some people, and don't treat them like worthless pieces of s**t. I know you have complete power over them, but appealing to your humanity.

Client Service Representative - Outbound

Outbound Client Service Representative (Former Employee)
Yardley, PA

I worked at Medimedia as a contractor for less than a year

ProsVery nice office. Good location. Very understanding and encouraging management. Great co-workers. Great cafeteria with very nice staff.

ConsMany layoffs. Which later became permanent. Very strict dress code. No opportunity to advance. Training was not the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnfortunately, I think your ship is sinking. Streamline scripts and take more input for improvements from csr's.

Emotional Rollercoaster

I have been working at Medimedia

ProsThe Pay Rate is great - but temps get paid more to start then perm reps
The Cafe and the employees are great

ConsHealth Issurance - cost rises and you get less
The pecentage of a Dissabilty leave is horrible - starts @ 80% within 5 weeks drops to 60% and they still take money out for issurance and they use any accrued time u may incur during ur leave
Specifc to call center ----
Team Leads do more work then Supervisors
Supervisors often spend time with the door closed regardless of the chaos thats happenning on the foor
Some supervisors are there based off of who they know and not b/c they are qualified
They provide false hope inregards to advancement - hence the reason why so many leave
If you take a poll with the reps on the phone i guarentee you that 85% will say - i'll go to my team lead before i ask my supervisor for help.

Project Managers and Sales ----
Stop agreeing to contracts and deadlines that we arent capable of meeting (We're Pfizer's Pet b/c of this)
Hire Project Managers that actually know what it takes to run a project so when we have kickoff meeting we dont here alot off ---- ummm i didnt think about that or I'm really not sure how we can set the system to meet these requirments.......

Advice to Senior ManagementLEAD BY EXAMPLE - IT STARTS FROM THE TOP, DONT ASK REPS/LEADS TO DO THINGS THAT U AS A SUPERVISOR/MANAGER CANT DO URSELF

PM/SALES - JUST BECAUSE MEDIMEDIA IS DESPERATE TO STAY AFLOAT DOESNT MEAN YOU SAY YES TO EVERTHING AND ANYTHING THAT COMES YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!

Some Leadership lacks clear direction.

Inside Representative (Current Employee)
Carlstadt, NJ

I have been working at Medimedia

ProsCafeteria with vending machines and free coffee. New CEO as of 09/11 maybe he can bring life to leadership, or give positive feedback to smart MBA's who will sell company.

ConsMany Temporary workers and new CEO as of 08/11, Steve Simcox left 08/11.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet realistic goals and expectations.

treats employees like crap

Strange Place to Work (Former Employee)

I worked at Medimedia

ProsConvenient location
Decent pay
Product line easy to understand
Decent PTO
Cafeteria has good food at well below average prices of nearby restaurants. The staff at the cafeteria are really friendly too!

ConsHealth benefits don't start until 3 months later, horrible.
No concept of comp time. Doesn't matter if you worked until 2AM, you better be at your desk at 8:30AM.
Absolute silos between divisions. 700 people in the office and you have absolutely no idea what some of the people next to you are doing.
A very large percentage of staff are temps/contractors. It's insane at 5PM as they all give their badges back to security.
Unless the temps are working phone banks they are absolutely useless. The amount they are billing them to sit and do nothing could be used to hire a competent jr staff full time to train.
It's completely normal to work nights and weekends ALL THE TIME.
Except for some random divisions on the 3rd floor you have to pay for coffee. I've never worked for a company that you had to do this. It costs what-- $1000 a year to provide free coffee to staff?
A LOT of layoffs recently. I think medimedia actually might not be around much longer, they've sold 2 out of the 4 divisions the past 6 months, it's common to walk down a hallway and see 10 empty offices from them being tossed.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is failing because you do not treat the employees well, or invest in them with training, knowledge sharing, encouraging them to move around, etc.

Worked for Medimedia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medimedia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Medimedia CEO Steve Simcox. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Medimedia employees.