Medio

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rob Lilleness

Chaotic, fastpaced, amazing learning experience.

Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsYou are given significant responsibility from day 1. Everyone assumes that you are highly intelligent and if you don't know something you are exptected to learn it very quickly.

ConsMajority of the work is self taught with little to no guidance.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more structure for the onboarding process.

Enjoy working here

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsInteresting people to work with, interesting projects, great office location (downtown Seattle).

ConsCompany was in "startup mode" for a while so does not necessary still have a startup spirit

Professional and Fun !!!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsMedio is a fun company to work ! I had a blast working there. Great co-workers !

ConsNothing as far as I know.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing your thing, you are great !

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company with a start-up feel and awesome people

Intern (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsFree snacks and food in the kitchen, great teamwork atmosphere where I feel like I can ask anyone for help, cool products to work on. They give you two dual monitors and basically everything you need to get through the day and concentrate on work. Commute is super easy downtown and its a nice view too.

ConsMy position is very typecast and so it may get repetitive sometimes but other employees can definitely work on some cool projects and get some free room to innovate.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the diversity in project types

Medio is one of the better, more established mobile tech startups to cut your teeth at, esp. for Big Data Analytics.

Senior Engineering Lead (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Prostechnology vision, engineering leadership, scalable cloud, huge upside opportunity--every company is going mobile and they need what we are building.

Consengineering leadership in the past years hasnt been as well integrated with the product teams, but i've seen this at other startups in seattle (less so from the bay area). need a stronger sales team focused more on selling cloud-based software.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement should focus on deepening partnerships with top providers of other mobile-industry solutions that our stuff complements really well with our analytics and real-time data pipeline. Also, hiring more data/application engineers and data scientists.

Love the space and vision of company

ProsBig Data meets Mobile. Lot's of opportunity, hot space, traction in the market. Kitchen is full of snacks, food, drinks.

ConsOffice can be noisy. Candy is everywhere.

Seattle startup in rapid growth mode, profitable; pivoted to Analytics

Engineering (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Prossolid culture around mobile and building on analytics; good work/life balance; very competitive compensation levels (increase with tenure); co-workers are some of the brightest i've worked with; company is based on solid vision and great execution team.

Consgiven pace of industry, engineering and product not always in lock-step. need more traditional product and program managers.

Advice to Senior Managementincrease frequency of company meetings and depth of materials and plans that are presented.

cool mobile software company--downtown Seattle.

ProsGreat place to get mobile experience and see implementations across ecosystem. Great downtown Seattle location, and really smart people to work with. Good kitchen, free everything.

Consoffices need an upgrade as they look like a quasi-attorney or perhaps a an public accounting firm's offices without the plush library.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore offsites

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPretty good salaries for me as I started out in an internship, and there is a lot of job responsibility which I think of as a plus

ConsIt was difficult to get things done as there were a lot of logistics across departments.

Good Company, Good Potential and Upside

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsStrengths:
    1. Solid Tier One Customer Base
    2. Very good customer focus
    3. Profitable, good investors
    4. Strong senior management (CEO, CTO, etc.)

ConsWeaknesses:
    1. Historically very development focused, need to be more aggressive in creating awareness

Worked for Medio? Contribute to the Community!