Medisca

account executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Medisca

Pros

Great people and company atmosphere. Upper management have built a great sales environment.

Cons

Going up the ladder doesn't have many opportunities.

keep up great work

medisca is the worst company i ever encountered in my life

Former Employee - QC Technician in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - QC Technician in Irving, TX

I worked at Medisca

Pros

there are no reasons to work here. they will fire you for no reason.

Cons

they are not organized, everything about this company is failure.

my advice to the management is that they need to close down this facility

This is a great company to be a part of.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Medisca

Pros

I love my job, I love the people I work with, and IMO this company has some amazing leaders in place who are ready to propel it forward. If you follow Warren Buffett at all, his quote sums it up - "When you find that job that causes you to be excited every day – forget about the pay – with people you love, doing what you love, it doesn’t get any better than that.” If you get an opportunity to be a part of this organization, I would highly recommend taking it.

Cons

There aren't many cons. I guess there's room for improvement as far as holidays, sick days, PTO etc. Those type of benefits are weak. But weak is better than nothing.

Customer Service

I have been working at Medisca full-time

Pros

If you enjoy high turnover, disrespectful people, and being constantly micromanaged then you would be a great fit with this company!

Cons

Management is a disgrace with no communication amongst employees. Medisca is a scam of a company with various lawsuits and recalls so please think before applying.

Some people need to be fired ASAP and replaced with competent employees.

Terrible

Former Employee - Employee in Plattsburgh, NY
    Former Employee - Employee in Plattsburgh, NY

I worked at Medisca full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They give you decent vacation time.

Cons

Micromanagement, no communication, no room for advancement, criminal company.

Get some training.

Team Player Environment

Current Employee - Assistant to the Vice President in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant to the Vice President in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Medisca full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I come from a customer service background and I must say that I have never experienced this type of training before. From the minute I started my first day, to the end of the week - My days were filled with meeting with the most wonderful group of individuals I have ever experienced in a business environment. They were passionate, happy and willing to go the extra mile to ensure that I understood their department and what they did to enhance the company. Even extending a helping hand after my training to make sure that I succeed in my new role. I am sorry to say that this is rare in a company to find this kind of passion and refreshing to know that it still exists. You can see that this passion starts at the top and each and every member of this team has a great attitude – follow by example!

Cons

There are no Cons to my experience - I believe every company should take some advice from these individuals, as they are Customer Service Driven!

Keep up the great work, as you are "leading by example" which shows through all your team members.

I love what I do but the Sales Manager was not honest about the pay or the opportunity for growth.

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Medisca

Pros

It's a good entry level job to get experience in pharmaceutical and medical device sales.

Cons

The commissions are extremely low so it is hard to stay motivated and there is no incentive to overachieve. There is no training on products or proper product support. They like to micromanage to the point of feeling inadequate. Management demands products and information in untimely manner without proper guidance or explanation of the benefits. There is no employee benefits so good luck on retirement.

Take some sales management courses and devise a commission structure that will reward your sales people for all their hard work. Make goals attainable and the pay out worth while. Come up with accelerators and Presidents Clubs and other incentives to keep sales people motivated. Offer constructive criticism and ask for feedback on making the company better.

Medisca internship

I worked at Medisca

Pros

Awesome team, Awesome CEO, Awesome Company.

Cons

I didn't notice any cons that stood out.

Rock on.

The interview process was very thorough and in depth.

I have been working at Medisca

Pros

The work environment seems great and the different personalities encountered were positive, joyful and educated. Very rich,innovative, passionate company culture and challenging in a good way.

Cons

The interview process was too lengthy. This could be an issue for a candidate because it can lead to make you feel like you're an undesired candidate which can lead to reconsider to job application.

I really enjoyed the fact that everyone was so welcoming and made you feel at ease. The questions were in depth and to the point which is great in order to really get to know the candidate. The only thing I would advise to maybe change would be the length of the interview process. A month long interview process cab be quite a stretch and confusing for a candidate, especially if they're not going to be employed.

Work environment at Medisca

Current Employee - QA Supervisor in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - QA Supervisor in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Medisca full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, great design, friendly staff, interesting job.

Cons

Salary: Too low for the applicant's experience.

Monitor closely staff turn-over in relation with the average salery for similar positions elsewhere.