Medisca

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Antonio Dos Santos

This is a great company to be a part of.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsI love my job, I love the people I work with, and IMO this company has some amazing leaders in place who are ready to propel it forward. If you follow Warren Buffett at all, his quote sums it up - "When you find that job that causes you to be excited every day – forget about the pay – with people you love, doing what you love, it doesn’t get any better than that.” If you get an opportunity to be a part of this organization, I would highly recommend taking it.

ConsThere aren't many cons. I guess there's room for improvement as far as holidays, sick days, PTO etc. Those type of benefits are weak. But weak is better than nothing.

Customer Service

ProsIf you enjoy high turnover, disrespectful people, and being constantly micromanaged then you would be a great fit with this company!

ConsManagement is a disgrace with no communication amongst employees. Medisca is a scam of a company with various lawsuits and recalls so please think before applying.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome people need to be fired ASAP and replaced with competent employees.

Terrible

Employee (Former Employee)
    Plattsburgh, NY

ProsThey give you decent vacation time.

ConsMicromanagement, no communication, no room for advancement, criminal company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some training.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Team Player Environment

Assistant to the Vice President (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsI come from a customer service background and I must say that I have never experienced this type of training before. From the minute I started my first day, to the end of the week - My days were filled with meeting with the most wonderful group of individuals I have ever experienced in a business environment. They were passionate, happy and willing to go the extra mile to ensure that I understood their department and what they did to enhance the company. Even extending a helping hand after my training to make sure that I succeed in my new role. I am sorry to say that this is rare in a company to find this kind of passion and refreshing to know that it still exists. You can see that this passion starts at the top and each and every member of this team has a great attitude – follow by example!

ConsThere are no Cons to my experience - I believe every company should take some advice from these individuals, as they are Customer Service Driven!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, as you are "leading by example" which shows through all your team members.

I love what I do but the Sales Manager was not honest about the pay or the opportunity for growth.

Territory Manager (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsIt's a good entry level job to get experience in pharmaceutical and medical device sales.

ConsThe commissions are extremely low so it is hard to stay motivated and there is no incentive to overachieve. There is no training on products or proper product support. They like to micromanage to the point of feeling inadequate. Management demands products and information in untimely manner without proper guidance or explanation of the benefits. There is no employee benefits so good luck on retirement.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some sales management courses and devise a commission structure that will reward your sales people for all their hard work. Make goals attainable and the pay out worth while. Come up with accelerators and Presidents Clubs and other incentives to keep sales people motivated. Offer constructive criticism and ask for feedback on making the company better.

Mediocre company with no appreciation of employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros- Company has good values in terms of everything being sanitary and FDA compliant even though they're not subjected to FDA regulations in their Canadian offices / warehouses
    - I assume work-life balance is ok if your commute is not as awful as mine was

Cons- They have no respect for their employees. The turnover is very high, and they get rid of a lot of people within the 3-month "trial" period (they don't need an excuse to fire before the 3 months are done). Everyone on the commute back seems dissatisfied and not very pleased with the company, yet it was a job that they needed.
    - Company culture was not that of appreciation for the employees work. Ridiculous rules such as punching in / out and seconds coming out of your paycheck were enforced (even when the small tardiness was due to their rule of changing out of snow boots and into shoes before punching in). They also did not allow you to have coats at your desk (??)
    - Seems like the managers make decisions without any input from their employees of before talking to them about issues that might have arisen.
    - Compensation was very low.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be nicer to your employees and to help them feel valued, otherwise people will not put the effort into their work that you expect. It is not surprising the turnover is high and that they don't deem some hires as "good enough" when they don't foster a sense of mutual respect and appreciation.

Jr. QC inspector

Junior QC Inspector (Current Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsIt was a very careful selection process of the total 4 interviews. The HRs and the managers in QC department are professional. They don't focus on making you extremely nervous during the interviews, instead they just try to know you and the details of your skills

ConsIt was all good so far. Nothing specific comes out of the mind now.

Very professional.

ProsThe company is well organized, friendly and know how to accommodate candidates. They will keep you up-to-date with regards to the candidacy regardless the answer. I would recommend applying for an position in this company because they are very flexible internally; once they have you they want to make sure you are happy and are more than willing to have you change department.

ConsNot really a con, however, the interview process was long.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Worked for Medisca? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medisca reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Medisca CEO Antonio Dos Santos. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Medisca employees.