Meditech Reviews in Boston, MA

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014

Meditech President & CEO Howard Messing
Howard Messing

Pros
  • Annual bonus, working from home opportunities, good work life balance (in 24 reviews)

• Benefits are great and so are the bonuses when they come around (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Low starting salary (36-37k for my position) (in 18 reviews)

• Limited advancement opportunities (even with 100% of non-entry level hiring coming from within company) (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

94 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was fun. Everyone was really nice and seemed to enjoy working there. I never had an issue

Former Employee - Product Development  in  Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Product Development in Framingham, MA

I worked at Meditech as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Nice people. Great benefits. The company outing in the summer is awesome. Seems easy to move up and excel.

Cons

Have you be your own person. People will not find ways to improve you and do not care about you unless you speak up.

It's like meeting&dating the man of your dreams and finding out he's married. ;)

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Westwood, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Westwood, MA

I have been working at Meditech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work life balance, easy work, marriott points galore(best benefit), opportunity to travel and enjoy our great country.
    Happy place to start (until you realize how poor the pay is and how nonexistent progress will be)
    Staff r nice but that says nothing about the company, u can find nice staff working at a junkyard or a car wash but that doesn't mean you're going to work there now does it? ..as always there are plenty idiotic staff who annoy you because of their constant need to kiss bum and b seen kissing bum.

Cons

Where to start....as said, depends on your supervisor. I have an ok one, makes life easier but majority of the supervisors here are a bunch of complete junkboxes; Lowlife long tenured peeps who don't know a lot about a lot and just know what they know cos they've been there forever. They sit around gossiping and plotting the 'underbus pushing' of the next employee...and their superiors get involved too. Wish I could name names but that would be low.

Probably pointless to tell u that salary is ridiculous and raises are as foolish and baseless as the gossipy supervisors.

Resistant to change, they will rather die stupid than progress in their mentality

Before I forget, let me just tell you, take a meditech job if u get offered before finding anything else, stay for about 2-3yrs to get experience and build resume and fly out before u get roped into this nonforward thinking/nonforward movement setting. To move up, you have to be there forever and u have to master the art of moving your lips towards superior bums ...A.k.a kiss superior arse with your hands raised so they can see u.

The only thing that excites them is a new web based product on the way ...which they should have thought of ages ago.

Ehm, let me be unoriginal this time and steal what someone said...GTH :D

Only one person(or 2 maximum) is great and visionary but unfortunately , SHE won't be the next CEO, I believe - reorg in progress or complete they say, we see what comes out of that.

Easy work, low pay, reluctant to change

Current Employee - Development Programmer  in  Westwood, MA
    Current Employee - Development Programmer in Westwood, MA

I have been working at Meditech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work is relatively easy and, work life balance and benefits are great. Work from home available after one year, ability to buy company stock which pays a good dividend, high annual bonus

Cons

LOW pay for entry level employees, pay not increased when transferring to a higher paid position, no attempt to increase pay for current employees when starting salaries rise.

Raise starting salaries, allow employees to get a salary review more than once per year if they are good, bring in new blood with fresh outside experience into development management positions

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great to get a head start

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst  in  Westwood, MA
    Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Westwood, MA

I have been working at Meditech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees and managers alike are amazing people, and some of the best I've ever worked with. Work is consistent and keeps coming, while not ever being too stressful.

Cons

Work is very easy if you have any background at all in your field. Pay is very, VERY low.

Keep doing what you're doing, you're great! Perhaps raise wages to keep some more talented employees.

Great company; migrating towards cloud-based applications

Current Employee - Clinical Applications Specialist  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Clinical Applications Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Meditech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training was very good; a general application-wide training, as well as your own group's training was provided. They ensure that you are well qualified to implement the software prior to going out on your own.

Cons

Salary is below industry standards, roughly by -$20,000; but the work culture is ideal, very laid back (jean Fridays for instance), and you are allowed quite a bit of independence and self-management.

Continue to push towards the Cloud, where the future of EHR IT is going, and also consider paying those who stay in the company higher compensation sooner, than the "longer you stay here, the more you will make" theory. This is old-school thought.

It is a decent place to work

Current Employee - Applications Specialist  in  Norwood, MA
    Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Norwood, MA

I have been working at Meditech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work-life balance, bonus, benefits, work from home, cheap cafeteria

Cons

compensation, office atmosphere, hours, customer service

increase application specialist salaries

Great Place

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Meditech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, flexibility, work/life balance, ability to change roles

Cons

salary get better longer you're there along with profit sharing and bonus

Lack of leadership and vision is disappointing but the summer picnic is awesome.

Former Employee - Sales  in  Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Framingham, MA

I worked at Meditech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Job security is good but also leads to a lot of dead beats hanging on too long. Their buildings and grounds are very nice. Healthcare plan is good.

Cons

Lack of project management, accountability are major issues. They are more than happy to let top performers across the organization leave and plug the gap with mediocre talent.

Bring in some fresh blood into your C level and director positions.

An excellent foundation for a career if you can handle stress

Former Employee - Senior Applications Specialist  in  Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Specialist in Framingham, MA

I worked at Meditech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Meditech hires college graduates with no experience in computers and gives them the foundation to enter the HIS field.

Raises are generally quite good (first year review I got an extra $2,400 / year, second year I received an additional $4,800 / year).

Near ironclad job security.

If you decide you want to change career paths once you've been there awhile, Meditech will oblige and will start training you in something else that you have no experience/education in. They really do offer you the ability to start on just about any career path (that they have a use for).

Excellent health benefits.

Cons

Meditech hires out of college and effectively trains in a trial by fire. It's incredibly stressful, particularly for people who are coming right out of college.

The starting pay isn't great... however, as I reminded people when I worked there, that starting salary was based on them hiring you to work on computers when all you had was a college degree in a non-technical major... you got what you could negotiate for.

Ironclad job security means there are a number of employees who did just enough not to get fired for long enough to hit the 'tenure' mark and then their effort dropped.

No 401k, company will claim that they have profit sharing which is their retirement solution instead of 401k.

Beef up the training, a lot of the stress of job stems from having little information on hand about the software but being expected to act the "expert" for customers.

Formalize documentation of code changes are hold Development to fulfilling that format

Great first job/stepping stone for next job

Former Employee - Development Specialist  in  Westwood, MA
    Former Employee - Development Specialist in Westwood, MA

I worked at Meditech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stable, secure, excellent benefits, great working environment, annual bonuses.

Cons

The company does not value their employees as much as they should. Everyone is expendable. During my time there, I saw numerous people leave because management refused to give them more pay or let them transfer to a more desirable position within the company.

Keep the good people and treat them right. Give them what they deserve. By losing all of these great workers, the quality of your product is going to decline, and this will be detrimental to not only you, but also all of your healthcare clients.

Worked for Meditech? Contribute to the Community!