Meditech

Meditech Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Meditech President & CEO Howard Messing

Howard Messing

Pros
  • Annual bonus, working from home opportunities, good work life balance(in 24 reviews)

• Benefits are great and so are the bonuses when they come around(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Low starting salary (36-37k for my position)(in 18 reviews)

• Limited advancement opportunities (even with 100% of non-entry level hiring coming from within company)(in 11 reviews)

It is a decent place to work

Applications Specialist (Current Employee) Norwood, MA

Proswork-life balance, bonus, benefits, work from home, cheap cafeteria

Conscompensation, office atmosphere, hours, customer service

Advice to Senior Managementincrease application specialist salaries

Great Place

Supervisor (Current Employee) Framingham, MA

ProsGreat benefits, flexibility, work/life balance, ability to change roles

Conssalary get better longer you're there along with profit sharing and bonus

Lack of leadership and vision is disappointing but the summer picnic is awesome.

Sales (Former Employee) Framingham, MA

ProsJob security is good but also leads to a lot of dead beats hanging on too long. Their buildings and grounds are very nice. Healthcare plan is good.

ConsLack of project management, accountability are major issues. They are more than happy to let top performers across the organization leave and plug the gap with mediocre talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in some fresh blood into your C level and director positions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An excellent foundation for a career if you can handle stress

Senior Applications Specialist (Former Employee) Framingham, MA

ProsMeditech hires college graduates with no experience in computers and gives them the foundation to enter the HIS field.

Raises are generally quite good (first year review I got an extra $2,400 / year, second year I received an additional $4,800 / year).

Near ironclad job security.

If you decide you want to change career paths once you've been there awhile, Meditech will oblige and will start training you in something else that you have no experience/education in. They really do offer you the ability to start on just about any career path (that they have a use for).

Excellent health benefits.

ConsMeditech hires out of college and effectively trains in a trial by fire. It's incredibly stressful, particularly for people who are coming right out of college.

The starting pay isn't great... however, as I reminded people when I worked there, that starting salary was based on them hiring you to work on computers when all you had was a college degree in a non-technical major... you got what you could negotiate for.

Ironclad job security means there are a number of employees who did just enough not to get fired for long enough to hit the 'tenure' mark and then their effort dropped.

No 401k, company will claim that they have profit sharing which is their retirement solution instead of 401k.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeef up the training, a lot of the stress of job stems from having little information on hand about the software but being expected to act the "expert" for customers.

Formalize documentation of code changes are hold Development to fulfilling that format

Great company for first job

Applications Specialist (Current Employee) Minnetonka, MN

ProsGreat atmosphere. Easy to learn a lot about the healthcare industry.

ConsSometimes the work can become a little grating.

Great first job/stepping stone for next job

Development Specialist (Former Employee) Westwood, MA

ProsStable, secure, excellent benefits, great working environment, annual bonuses.

ConsThe company does not value their employees as much as they should. Everyone is expendable. During my time there, I saw numerous people leave because management refused to give them more pay or let them transfer to a more desirable position within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good people and treat them right. Give them what they deserve. By losing all of these great workers, the quality of your product is going to decline, and this will be detrimental to not only you, but also all of your healthcare clients.

Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe work life balance is great.

ConsThe starting pay is a little low.

Too Much Leadership, Not Enough Action

ProsGreat coworkers and open communication from specialist to specialist. You are able to create a relationship with your coworkers and sites, bringing a unique social responsibility to your work.

ConsManagement can be focused on numbers and not aware of a situation. Hard to receive support until the flames are licking at the "right" person's feet, even if you've been in them above your head for awhile.

Great place to start, but lacking in long term potential.

Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) Westwood, MA

ProsNot a high-pressure sales environment - no quotas will be a positive for some. Great co-workers, great cafe, year end bonus for all employees.

ConsSales territories are getting smaller, which means sales bonuses, which were already decreasing with hospitals settled in with current vendors for ARRA, are also getting smaller.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for sales staff to naturally decrease over time, and stop hiring additional sales reps - at least until business picks up after ARRA.

Decent job, especially right out of college

Senior Applications Specialist (Current Employee) Westwood, MA

ProsAnnual bonus, working from home opportunities, good work life balance

ConsLow salary, mediocre raises, boring

Advice to Senior ManagementGive better raises to those who deserve them

Worked for Meditech? Contribute to the Community!