Meditech Reviews

Reset
3.1
Meditech President & CEO Howard Messing
Howard Messing

Pros
  • There is a good work/life balance (in 29 reviews)

• Benefits are great and so are the bonuses when they come around (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Zero room for growth, starting salary is pitiful, raises are almost non-existent (in 20 reviews)

• Everyone starts out entry level (in 14 reviews)

1. Application Specialist

I worked at Meditech full-time

Pros

Great benefits, if you stay with the company for a few years the perks such as working from home, vacation and yearly bonus are great

Cons

Unorganized company with an inconsistent management structure. Promotions are not based on qualifications as much as how much employees share/email/notify the group of their work

2. Good Starting Point

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Meditech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company hires at entry level and provides extensive training.

Cons

Low salary, little room for growth, little flexibility, you have to work there for a long time before seeing any kind of reward.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they deserve and they won't leave the company after a year!

3. Applications Specialist

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Westwood, MA
    Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Westwood, MA

I have been working at Meditech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company does not lay people off and yearly "bonus" guaranteed.

Cons

Low pay, they choose favorites and if you are not one, your career path is stunted and salary stays the same

Advice to Management

Increase pay to keep top talent around instead of letting people walk and bringing in brand new people

5. Good company, lower pay

Current Employee - Senior Applications Specialist in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Specialist in Canton, MA

Pros

Meditech is a very stable company to work for. There is no worry about job security. The company also has a very laid back atmosphere and for the most part has a good employees.

Cons

The downside is the pay, I feel the reason most people leave is for better pay elsewhere.

6. programmer

I have been working at Meditech full-time

Pros

some of the pros of working at this company are: i have a very low stress environment and very good benefits

Cons

some of the cons of working at this company are: the cafeteria is awful, the meetings are pointless, and the pay is below industry standard.

Advice to Management

people do not like having so many meetings; most of them can be emails instead. nobody likes to be micromanaged.

7. Applications Specialist

Former Employee - Applications Specialist in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Applications Specialist in Framingham, MA

I worked at Meditech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open work environment. Stable job in a stable industry. Good first-job out of college. Opens other doors.

Cons

Low pay for the industry. High turnover. Culture varies by group. Lots of travel.

Advice to Management

Your people work hard for you. Pay them accordingly and stop losing everyone to other jobs where we are paid well and treated like grown-ups. You are notorious for having under-trained support staff, and for being a training ground for the fresh out of college crowd. I had multiple interviews where someone commented "Oh we love our Meditech people here. They send us some good ones!" ....Maybe try keeping us and investing your money in well-trained employees? Stop wasting time and money training everyone? Just some thoughts.

A Positive, Stable Environment

I have been working at Meditech full-time

Pros

Work keeps its focus on the family. If you need your schedule to accommodate to your family situation, hours can be adjusted. No layoffs in its entire history. I look forward to coming to work as I'm around amazing people. Always being challenged and always learning something new every day.

Cons

I haven't worked here long enough to have any problems with being here. I think it's great.

9. Excellent entry level job/Stepping stone

Former Employee - Client Services Supervisor in Fall River, MA
    Former Employee - Client Services Supervisor in Fall River, MA

Pros

Nice facilities, free coffee and soft drinks, subsidized cafeteria food, easy highway access, friendly coworkers, ability to gear career towards your interests, travel opportunities

Cons

Salaries are too low for the expectations, inflexible hours

10. Application Specialist

I have been working at Meditech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job security, great benefits. The company is working hard to keep up with the industry, and to streamline the company's goals and development.

Cons

Working in customer service can be tough. Salary is low compared to the industry standard. The company isn't progressing as fast as many would like.

Advice to Management

Execute everything we're working on flawlessly and quickly.

Stable company to work for

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Meditech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stable - don't have to worry about being laid off. Flexible - depending on your management team and division, things are really flexible. Atmosphere - beautiful buildings and a friendly environment Benefits - great benefits, including vacation time (3 weeks after 2 years) and 90% health and dental.

Cons

Low salary, especially for new employees. Location - sometimes people have to work at inconvenient buildings when there is a closer building. Lack of direction - sometimes it feels like the company is going in too many directions at once. Lack of resolution - sometimes it feels like the company is too scared to offend individual customers than it is determined to make decisions which will benefit all customers.

Advice to Management

Upper Management - Provide the company with a clear goal and strive as a unit to reach that goal. Provide enough development staff to actually fix issues, rather than hiring people to just shuffle issues around. Be willing to make tough decisions regarding our software deployment practices to make things more streamlined and efficient. Lower & Middle Management - work with your employees and reward those who deserve it. Make sure you understand your employees roles.

RSS Feed </> Embed