Medivation

Medivation President, CEO, and Director David T. Hung

David T. Hung

Great Company

ProsThey are a Nimble company

ConsThey are a short staffed company

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Explosive growth potential, but disorganized at the top.

I worked at Medivation full-time

ProsMedivation, in its brief history has seen impressive growth. In attempting to support this type of growth, Medivation has done a lot to try and attract the top talent. The benefits package is pretty nice for a small biotech, but nothing compared to the dot coms and IPO darlings of Silicon Valley.

ConsWith explosive growth, there are growing pains. Medivation's leadership has seemed in the past disjointed and counter-productive. There is seemingly a lot of miscommunication at the VP level and that get filtered down through the different groups.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor all the money people spend on snacks and multi-million dollar/month rent in downtown SF...spend some time, money, and effort in developing a cohesive leadership team. Develop the director level folks so that there is less prejudice and more collaboration.

Growing company, not well managed, good ol boy/girl mentality

I worked at Medivation full-time

ProsExcellent science, great location, nice work environment, good pay/benies

ConsBack stabbing environment, firing at the drop of a hat, not willing to work with employees honestly, good ol boy/girl network, too lean a team to accomplish deliverables successfully. People at all levels, from the top down, are regularly fired. The co has a fear-based culture for many. Even people who have been there for years and have been excellent leaders have been fired for not "playing the game".

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let the kingpins fire good employees just for expressing an opinion. Work with, not against, good employees to develop them. Ensure enough employees on each team to succeed without killing their personal lives.

Best Biotech Ive worked for!

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Medivation

Prosdynamic group of hard working and experienced coworkers who legitimately care about saving lives and making a difference

ConsThere isn't a difference between sick and vacation time - meaning you have to use your vacation PTO time to be sick. As a result everyone comes to work sick and gets each other sick!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! Please don't sell the company!

My experience at Medivation has been somewhat satisfying

South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Medivation

ProsThe culture at Medivation is satisfying.

ConsThe cons at Medivation are the politics, although this is normal for all companies.

Worked for Medivation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medivation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Medivation CEO David T. Hung. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Medivation employees.