Medix
www.medixteam.com Chicago, IL 150 to 499 Employees

Medix Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Andrew Limouris

Pros:
  • "Great benefits - Sales people have their cars paid for along with cell phone - All employees get free gym membership"
    in 8 reviews
  • "There are several things about Medix that make it a great place to work"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "It is LONG hours and they are expected if you expect to be successful"
    in 13 reviews
  • "35,000 bas pay for a 60 hours work week and the commission structure was nothing to brag about"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Very good company to work for

Clinical Nurse Assessor (Former Employee)
    Merrimack, NH

ProsGood pay, easy to contact

ConsDidn't really have any cons

potenital to be better

Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsMedix is all about having a great environment to work in so they work extra hard at finding the right pieces to add to the office. the people i work with really make me excited to come in to work.

Consthe commission is pretty terrible. yes there is room to earn more but the amount of work and effort you put in doesn't really show on your pay check. it is also a tiered commission structure and i wish i would've known this going into it from day one.

Advice to Senior Managementbetter commission rates.

Work is fun

Pros- Great office leadership
    - Fun place to work
    - Young professional environment
    - Experience with all different types of people
    - People actually care about the growth of the office and managment backs it up
    - Medix Fit - 2 days a week

Cons- Long hours
    - Firing people for miniscule things (not necessarily up to Medix though)
    - Days can get long depending on what you're working on, hard to stay focused
    - Training could be better but it depends on how fast the person picks it up

Advice to Senior ManagementHours are pretty stiff sometimes and it can be a waste of time some days because it's near impossible to work those long hours and expect 100% from each employee. However, upper management knows this and it's a typical staffing industry standard. People know what they are getting into before they accept the job, expectations are very clear. Overall, great place to work and you get what you put into it. The best rise to the top.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Complete lack of accountability

(Former Employee)
    Lombard, IL

ProsGreat and friendly coworkers, good atmosphere, Medix Fit,

ConsNo accountability amongst management, extreme favoritism consistently shown between upper management, accomplishing any coordinated effort is a struggle at best and a fruitless endeavor at worst, lack of commitment to employees with no real investment or appreciation, reviews constantly pushed off, no real incentives

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time to show you actually care about your employees and are willing to invest in them to eliminate turnover instead of making half-hearted efforts to create a phony team environment, which are only made worse by strings of empty promises.

Fast growing company with fast-track to managment

Pros-The opportunity to advance into a management level opportunity within 9-18 months
    -performance-based promotions
    -Continued growth in both office locations and divisions
    -Competitive salary and opportunity for unlimited earnings potential
    -Great benefits and incentives (Medix Fit gym membership reimbursement, Cabo incentive trip, stock option plans, etc.)
    -Culture: young, fun, but professional dynamic
    -only promote from within the company
    -Mentor/Leadership ability
    -Opportunity to learn more about either the Life Sciences, IT, or Professional Services sectors and build relationships with individuals in these industries
    -great initial and on-going training

Cons-hours can be long at times but there is usually a reason for that...we opporate based on satisfying client needs so we do whatever it takes to get the job done but the reward for that is putting people to work and making the commission from that
    -while working with people is great, it can sometimes be really frustrating and difficult because you don't have control over the sitution

Great place to start your STAFFING career.

Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Lombard, IL

Pros-Gain strong foundational knowledge of the staffing industry.
    -Taught the importance of metrics.
    -Young competitive culture.
    -Good training.
    -Great people in the "trenches" with you.

Cons-Horrible pay.
    -Inexperienced management.
    -Leadership by fear.
    -Micromanagement at all-levels.
    -No tenure except in high-management (people who play politics).
    -Very cheap organization.

i thought this was a great company.

Phlebotomist (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

Prosthey were finding me great jobs

Consevery time i call they dont have assignments, but there posting position on there website it really sucks

Medix - Great place to work

ProsGreat opportunities for career growth, management that listens to feedback and adapts to that feedback, great culture and environment.

Consyou have to be prepared to work hard to earn opportunities. some people mistake this for a con...i do not believe that it is.

Extremely poorly run office

Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

Pros-satisfaction of working hard and seeing the people you hire succeed in their new roles
    -its a job.......

Cons-having to fire these same people even though they new the work was temporary
    -they may set records for office turn over, there was a mass exodus while i was there
    i was the oldest non management employee by the time i was there for 5 months, smart ones quit, the brave ones were fired.
    -horrible management and don't dare try to go to HR for help, you will be fired
    -extremely low pay and its salary so they force you to work 60 hrs plus, i think i worked 70 hrs most of the time and was often "strongly encouraged" to work weekend at the risk of being fired for not showing enough initiative.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit trying to make waves in company to further your future career and try to treat your employees with respect and not replaceable sweat shop workers.

This place is a rare gem and I'm glad I found a career here!

ProsThe company is always looking for innovative ways to grow as an organization, providing us all with more opportunity. Upper management is devoted to the happiness of their employees. Open door policy allows any employee to approach anyone in management and provide suggestions and feedback surrounding any topic. I LOVE that the company provides you the freedom to determine the best means necessary to perform your job. From day one, I was told by my boss that no one will know the best way to get my job done other than me and for me to feel free to take reign and determine what works for me. Medix Fit (which has been mentioned numerous times already), but who can complain about a company that supports a healthy life! Upper management has taken a general interest in getting to know me as a person (my hobbies, my background, meeting my family when they are in town to visit, etc) and I am very appreciative that I am not just an employee here. Management has gone above and beyond to treat others how they would like to be treated.

ConsAs with every company, there are a couple of downsides. Being a perfectionist, I require feedback regarding my performance all the time! For me, this constant feedback is reassuring. That being said, feedback is far and few between here unless the employee is far BELOW the expectations. Management has made an effort to change this reputation and has been providing more positive feedback on a weekly basis. The other con to working here is with the young age of the employees working within the organization. Although I love working with others relative to my age, it can come across rather dramatic sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! With exponential growth comes the need to adapt and change at this same pace. This company has done a phenomenal job at staying above the curve.

Worked for Medix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Medix CEO Andrew Limouris . All 67 reviews posted anonymously by Medix employees.