Medix

Updated December 14, 2014
Updated December 14, 2014
3.1

Andrew Limouris

Pros
  • Great benefits - Sales people have their cars paid for along with cell phone - All employees get free gym membership (in 8 reviews)

• This is a great place to gain sales and recruiting entry level experience (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • It is LONG hours and they are expected if you expect to be successful (in 15 reviews)

• You can become a "professional recruiter" but the commission structure doesn't even come close compared to the sales folks (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Biggest Joke of a Recruiting Company

Former Employee - Recruiter in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Rockville, MD

I worked at Medix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will quickly realize that the entire company wants to screw over the lower class to make more commission for themselves, so then you can quickly move on to a better company.

Cons

Terrible, sexist work environment where little boys have not grown up into professional adults. Recruiters are told to offer contractors the lowest possible hourly amount so account managers and recruiters make more commission. Contractors never get what they are promised. Most contract jobs do not turn into full-time opportunities and working conditions are terrible, at best. One Medix client site has been described as an "animal house" but described to contractors as a great opportunity. When angry contractors call in, they are told that their recruiter is not at his desk and can't speak to them. Customer service is terrible and all they care about is making money.

Care about the contractors and pay them fairly.

Management

I have been working at Medix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Medix is a great company with endless opportunities. Dynamic diverse team who is willing to do what others won't. They allow their employees to express and implement their ideas and suggestions. Upper management always recognizes their employees accomplishments.

Cons

Communicate information on new products and projects

Keep up the good work!

Continuing to Evolve

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Medix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been with Medix for more than two years, and the amount that not only my job, but the company as a whole has evolved during this time is phenomenal. The team is more focused, we have a defined core purpose and better core values, our lines of business have taken better shape, we do more fun things together, the dress code loosened up and leadership has been making extra effort to listen and explore new ideas.
    I also love the fact that I know without a doubt that my boss and others within my office have my back. They provide constant support, while trusting my judgement. As a relatively new professional in the "real world," this feeling is invaluable to me.

Cons

The company is still growing and maturing, so there are still some areas that need to be smoothed out. Hopefully the end of this year and 2015 will continue to bring more change to do so.

Keep listening and looking ahead. It's ok to continue thinking and stepping outside of the box!

Reimbursement Specialist

Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Medix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They pay you on time.

Cons

They do not follow up with you

Follow-up with the your people that you send on jobs and make sure they are ok at the site that they are working at.

Do as they say, not as they do

Former Employee - Associate in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Associate in Lombard, IL

I worked at Medix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only major positive about working at Medix could be the great relationships that can be formed with the coworkers you share the daily grind with. Collective misery typically binds people together extremely well. But beyond that, there really aren't any worthwhile perks to speak about.

Cons

Work-life balance is non-existent. You will be expected to have company emails go to your personal phone. You are judged strictly on how much time you spend at your desk when executives and managers will normally roll in well after the day has started, take a long lunch and leave noticeably before the day ends. Managers will frequently speak highly of company ideals, but fall flat in execution. If you are not close or friendly with anyone in a position of power, any professional development or advancement will stagnate quickly, but the demands will eventually force out those to greener pastures. And once you hand in your notice, odds are you will be walked right out the door unless anything you do is remotely mission critical, but from that point forward the management will treat you like you're dead to them. Unless you're in sales, don't expect any kind of promotion and be wary of accepting a role as compensation out of the gate is noticeably well below market rates for comparable positions in many fields.

Treating all employees equally as people, instead of resources, and setting a consistent example among offices from the top on down will go a long way to instill some kind of standard that coincides with the Medix mission statement. Move away from the "Do as I say, not as I do" mantra that has proven to be so prevalent throughout the management and executive side of the company.

Not bad, but could be better

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, IL

I worked at Medix as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I worked as a contractor and left when the job was going to be eliminated by the client not Medix. Since I left on good terms and the need for me suddenly arose, they (my recruiters) got me back in. Is this the norm? No, not even close. But, I had two excellent recruiters on my side. If you work out of Illinois, I hope they work with you, otherwise as I have read, it is a crap shoot.

Cons

There is always the low pay for contractors and the fact that industry minimum wage is always being driven down, i.e. more skills for lesser pay, which is aggravating. Also there was an occurrence of recruiters up and leaving but not being informed. Communication is always an issue with staffing places, no matter what their mission statement says.

If your company is as good as you're selling it at getting quality talent to fill client's needs, then push the salary a little higher. Let's face it, most of you are so out of touch with reality and $15/hr doesn't cut it anymore; $18-$25/hr for qualified contractors should be the norm.

Csr

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Medix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its a job if you need the twelve dollars

Cons

Low pay ghetto environment. No growth. Gave it 3 weeks and was out

None

Very specific industry

I worked at Medix

Pros

Good office location and some nice people

Cons

Not very professional work environment

Disappointing

Former Employee - Personnel Consultant in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Personnel Consultant in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Medix full-time

Pros

Great opportunity for recent graduates to get some working experience. Young atmosphere.

Cons

Heavy focus on metrics and not on quality relationships with candidates. Commission rates leave no incentive for recruiters, managers talk about opportunity for growth and it is not attainable. Poor training program.

Improve training program. Do not promote someone before they are ready, and have realistic expectations of your new recruiters. Work/life balance needs to be improved.

Not a positive environment

Former Employee - Personnel Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Personnel Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Medix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Everyone is young so it is easy to relate with your co-workers.
    -Recruiting can be fun and rewarding when you find someone a job.

Cons

-Micromanagement at the recruiting level but lack of accountability at the sales and management level.
    -Toxic and unprofessional work environment. You never know what kind of mood you will walk into in the morning.
    -Pay is lower than industry standard and the tiered commission structure does not make up for it.
    -Inconsistency- One day productivity numbers won’t matter as long as you are performing, but the next day productivity numbers will mean everything.
    -Harps on the negative things and quickly forgets the positive.
    -High turnover is blamed on “the staffing industry” and the real reasons are not addressed.
    -There are set guidelines on how to get promoted but they are not followed. Really depends on favoritism, regardless of how you perform.
    -Employees were asked us to post a review on here when a negative review was written.

Take a step back and evaluate the root cause of why things go wrong instead of continually making up excuses.