Medix Reviews

Reset

Scientific Recruiter

Current Employee - Scientific Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Scientific Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Medix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Medix for almost a year now and I could not be more happy with my choice to join the Medix family after graduation. Not only has Medix allowed me to grow as a professional, but Medix cares about your personal development as well. Most companies only care about profits and the bottom line, but this is not the case at Medix. Medix cares about your personal well-being and this is evident throughout everyone's character in the entire organization.

Cons

The hours do get long at times, but the positive energy and moral in the company combats this fatigue factor.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering your employees at all levels to continue making decisions. This has created for an extremely fun and competitive environment to be a part of.

May 4, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your perspective! We are glad you enjoy the Medix team culture; it’s something we take a lot of pride in! We shared your response with leadership to ensure we continue to ... More

Personnel Consultant

Former Employee - Personnel Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Personnel Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Medix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong company culture, motivating leadership team

Cons

Multiple forced daily 'huddles' which just waste time

Advice to Management

Willingness to break the mold- allow for more upward mobility outside of sales & professional recruiter positions

Apr 9, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. We’re glad you enjoyed our culture, and we have passed your feedback to our leadership to help improve our time efficiency and ... More

3. Unprofessional

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Medix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment and everyone is pretty young

Cons

Very unprofessional, certain employees are favored and the actual postion is extremely boring

Advice to Management

Start hiring older employees to bring some profession

May 19, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We have shared your review with management to ensure we continue to improve our company.

Great opportunity for those looking to build long-term wealth/career growth.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Medix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get back what you put into it. There is no such thing as overnight success, but if you are consistent with your attitude and work ethic, the money will definitely follow as well as career advancement.

Cons

Longer hours due to client needs and the want to be successful, but a lot of flexibility if you communicate with your manager.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in professional development. I've seen many improvements throughout my tenure and it's only getting better as the company matures.

Apr 9, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and insight into the benefits of hard work. We appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective! We will be sharing your response with leadership.

6. Fun place to meet friends, just don't get stuck drinking Kool-Aid your whole career

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Medix

Pros

You must work hard to be respected and successful here and I think that's a great trait to develop early in your career. This is a 7am-7pm type of job and when you develop that work ethic, it sets you apart down the road. Personality and culture fit is big while hiring here, so it's a nice place to meet people and enjoy who you work with.

Cons

There is no such thing as work life balance... It's also a kool-aid company, so if you drink it, you won't notice the lack of leadership around you.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and all the hard work they do for you.

Apr 9, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We have shared your post with leadership to help ensure we’re continually improving professional development.

7. Long hours and underpaid.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at Medix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Generally good people who worked around me.

Cons

Leadership for the most part was lacking. The management was moody, unprofessional and not very genuine. The numbers are what counts and the individuals didn't really matter.

Advice to Management

Be up front with new candidates about the hours and the expectations.

Apr 9, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We shared your response with leadership, so we can address your concerns and continue to improve our organization.

8. Personnel Consultant

Former Employee - Personnel Consultant in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Personnel Consultant in Lombard, IL

I worked at Medix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Will hire you right out of school to get experience in the "real world."

Cons

Feels like you are in High School all over again but worse - a lot of gossip and cliques. Unprofessional, passive aggressive management, and false promises are the norm here. You will not get promoted unless you are a favorite (a lot of office politics) and put over 60 hours plus a week in which you do not get compensated for. If you want to have a work life balance this is not the place for you. Leaving on time is looked down upon. Upon promotion to Account Management you only get $ 1,000 increase on your base salary. Good luck. This place is a revolving door for a reason.

Advice to Management

Read through all of the cons on Glassdoor thoroughly. Everything that is said on here is TRUE.

Apr 9, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. Our sales and recruiting teams have a competitive commission structure to supplement the base salary, thus rewarding the hard work put in. We have shared your response ... More

9. Recruiter

Former Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at Medix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are willing to give new grads a chance, to hire, and bring them on. They also give all recruiters a discount to the gym and discount on phone bills as well.

Cons

Unprofessional environment amongst team members who not only talk down about their candidates/clients but also amongst each other. There is a very little sense of comradery amongst the team members. There is also little sense of loyalty from corporate to their employees. The commission scale deceptively appears to be a great payout when in reality not much is reflected on your paycheck.

Advice to Management

Develop a more positive culture within the office and display a better sense of loyalty to all employees and not only to a select few.

Mar 12, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We have shared your review with Medix leadership to address your concerns and improve our organization.

10. Mediocre at best

Former Employee - Recruiter in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Rockville, MD

I worked at Medix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is an entry level recruiting job where they are desperate for employees so they will hire anyone out of college.

Cons

Unprofessional environment, false promises, and the inability to close deals. That is the best way to sum up this company.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees fairly and let everybody celebrate the success of the company instead of a select few.

Feb 24, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We have shared your review with Medix leadership to improve our organization.

Great company to work with.

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Medix

Pros

This company has been great to work with. They find positions quickly and will get the best salary possible for you and they have benefits!!

Cons

The only challenge that comes to mind was the location. The original iffice was far to get to for the first interview.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire high quality employees!

Feb 24, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate the feedback, and we are happy to hear your experience with us met your expectations! We have shared your response with our team to help ensure we ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed