Medline Industries

Medline Industries Reviews in Mundelein, IL

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Medline Industries CEO Charlie Mills

Charlie Mills

Pros
  • Company is growing, but at employees expense(in 7 reviews)

• Benefits are good; they actually have a progressive scale for the employee's share, so if you earn more, you pay more towards insurance(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No work-life balance unless you are willing to remain in your position forever(in 17 reviews)

• no work life balance, executives pay lip service to ethics but have none(in 6 reviews)

62 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Hard work, but inspiring!

Product Manager (Current Employee) Mundelein, IL

ProsYou receive extreme autonomy and confidence from your managers in your abilities. There is a lot to be done, but it is all in efforts to continue to grow this successful company. I love the atmosphere of pushing the limits!

Cons"The Medline Way" is not for everyone. If you are looking for a 9-5 job, Medline is not for you. It is longer hours and busy hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more managers.

Management needs help

Anonymous (Current Employee) Mundelein, IL

ProsCompany is growing, but at employees expense

Consnot much to say here: the bad far outweighs the good

Advice to Senior ManagementHire new management - archaic and dishonest

Beware Implementation

Project Coordinator - Implementation (Current Employee) Mundelein, IL

ProsFast days, always busy with work.

ConsOver-worked, understaffed, young & inexperienced management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mismanaged, micromanaged, splintered company

Manager (Former Employee) Mundelein, IL

ProsStability of company. Awesome fitness center, except it has cameras and they time how long you're there.

ConsMicromanaged. Top management tears down everyone in monthly meetings. Very poorly managed company, everyone is always tense. The person who brought me in left after she realized how futile it was, and they didn't really want to embrace the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some training on how to build up and motivate your excellent employees. Create bridges and collaboration versus having one segment compete with another in a dog-eat-dog company. A company that figures out medical supplies in a way that actually partners with their customers and their employees will topple you.

Great growing company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mundelein, IL

ProsFast-paced company where people get to make decisions that drive business forward. Management is not afraid to make bets on the future, and are not tied down to quarter-to-quarter decisions that you see at public companies.

ConsPace of company is not for everyone. The Company is dynamic and can change directions quickly. If you are not comfortable with this, you will not enjoy working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to make bets on the future and continue the investment you are making in keeping the truly great people at Medline!

Product Manager

Product Manager (Current Employee) Mundelein, IL

ProsCafeteria and workout room is the only redeeming quality about Medline. They also have a decent bonus system in place .

ConsPoor Managers and Division Presidents who are racist and highly offensive individuals that imitate other nationalities. Presidents from different divisions who get in loud screaming matches with one another and people can hear them down the hall. Unprofessional. Senior Product Managers who play favorites to rude employees who are bratty and immature and treat new employees like dirt and are rude to other employees on the phone. Senior Product Managers have no interest in training or helping their new employees. They never even get up from their office to even say hello. No training program whatsoever at Medline.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are a Manager then be one. Pay attention to your staff especially new staff.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not for the weak willed or faint of heart

Finance (Current Employee) Mundelein, IL

ProsGym, cafeteria, some of the management is pretty good, do nice things for the community, environmentally conscious

ConsNo work-life balance, gender bias, serious favoritism, bad parking and they are out of office space. They are not very nice to employees; treat them like numbers too often. SR VP in the corner office is rude and plays favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to balance things among employees including pay and promotional opportunities. You need to open the purse strings a bit and be more modern

Great Place to Work if Your Motivated and Like to Control Your Own Destiny!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mundelein, IL

ProsComplete autonomy to make decisions that affect my business and the way I get paid. Nimble and no beaurocracy. Complete transformation in culture in the past decade.

ConsIf you don't like to make decision and are not motivated by money and the ability to control your own destiny, this isn't for you.

Advice to Senior Management48 years of consecutive double digit growth. Keep doing what you are doing.

Incredibly fast paced

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mundelein, IL

ProsConstant drive for business results, not bureaucratic, environment grounded in innovation

Conslimited infrastructure, lean team structures

Advice to Senior Managementbreak down the silos

Some good, some bad.

APM (Current Employee) Mundelein, IL

ProsLaid back culture, nice perks

ConsBoring, not very challenging work

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize young talent

Worked for Medline Industries? Contribute to the Community!