Medpace

Medpace Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2014

Medpace President and CEO August Troendle

August Troendle

Great company to work for in Cincinnati

Cincinnati, OH

Prosgreat atmosphere, everyone is very friendly and says hi to each other; everyone is willing to help each other out, no questions asked; managers are very helpful and want to see you exceed and grow quickly in the company; Medpace offers free lunches every day, as well as free soft drinks and assorted coffees all day long, they also have a 24 hour fitness center and fitness classes free of charge, and the fitness classes are great! the dress code is work casual too and you can wear jeans to work everyone which is definitely nice

Consyou work in a cubicle and it can get noisy at times with so many people so close together

Advice to Senior Managementnothing, can not complain!

A Great Company to Work For!

Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsMedpace is a growing company with a fast paced environment. Employees are hardworking and collaborative. As a company, Medpace emphasizes employee development and career pathing making this a wonderful company to build your career with.

ConsMost training is done on the job. If you are not willing to hit the ground running, this is not the company for you.

A genuinely employee-centered company!

Cincinnati, OH

ProsMedpace is completely different than any other place I have worked. They really promote a positive work-life balance and make that very apparent by providing employees with quality vacation time, free lunches in the cafeteria with coworkers, and even a gym with fitness classes! I have never felt micro-managed here. Actually it is quite the opposite - everyone is trying to get his or her own job done which gives me the freedom to focus on mine without being hounded. I love it! Another huge pro for me is the community Medpace provides. They really foster growth and the people I work with make the job so much more fun.

ConsI can imagine that some employees would be overwhelmed by how fast-paced Medpace is. I, however, prefer it that way because it always keeps me busy.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Employees are positive and believe in the growth and success of the company

Accountant (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsExcellent management; - highly qualified and leadership is transparent. Management and senior management establish well defined goals and communicate them clearly to their employees making advancement reasonably attainable. Laid back yet professional atmosphere makes Medpace a comfortable place to work. Everyone cooperates and works well with each other. Hours are flexible; work/life balance is reasonable.

ConsPay is average for support functions within the company. Minimal training for support functions. Most training is "on-the-job." Software is developed in-house; lack of opportunity to work with popular, more advanced software.

Unsafe work practices, CPU ran on fear

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo workers very friendly and hard working.

ConsUpper management runs department based on fear, threats, and belittling staff. Their behavior is protected by HR and when reported we are told, "That's just the way he is, he's actually better than he used to be. Unsafe practices when providing subject care...staff instructed and not given time to change gloves or wash hands, even with sanitizer between subjects. Other violations exist in the department.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the staff doing the work, won't be long before you actually have legal action for the hostile work environment created by the threats and yelling in the workplace.

Good work environment, but very flat structure

Statistical Analyst (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsSmart people, flexible schedule, nice coworkers

ConsVery little room for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company would grow if people were moved into positions that exploited their strengths.

Poor Leadership

ProsNone
    I guess if you like your colleagues then that is the only positive.

ConsNon-director level positions don't have a private office, set-up is cubicles, there is no privacy as everyone can hear your conversations. There's micromanagement, the directors don't know how to delegate. They need to learn how to delegate the workload. HR does not allow for the employees to socialize so be very careful what you say and watch your behavior. You can be terminated without any reason.

There are better companies than this one.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to delegate the workload. Follow the employee's job description. There is no training in place in any department. Need to learn how to implement team building.

Nice Cincinnati-based Company that continued to grow during my time there

Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe top Insurance was as good or better than I have had at other companies
    Employees were allowed to use flextime

ConsSatisfaction depends on your manager / department (but where is it any different?)

Not a good place to work

Executive Director (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsMoney is good but not better than similar companies. Lots of hardworking people

ConsCompany run on fear. Upper Management is weak and barely credible. Poor respect for employees. Lots of workers are unhappy and scared and are always looking for other opportunities. I want to go too.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some training how to mange people or do something else.

Love Medpace

Bio Statistician (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsYoung workforce, free lunch, onsite gym, growing opportunity, coworkers are wonderful, new facility, fast growing business

Consnot a very good insurance plan

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice, he could not be better than this

Worked for Medpace? Contribute to the Community!

Medpace Videos

Medpace – Why Work for Us?

Finding work that is challenging, having the tools and training to succeed, being rewarded and provided opportunities to grow professionally are just a few reasons talented individuals join the Medpace team. With our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medpace reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Medpace CEO August Troendle. All 33 reviews posted anonymously by Medpace employees.