Medpace

Updated January 21, 2015
2.8

Medpace President and CEO August Troendle
August Troendle

Great, fast-paced working environment full of very helpful co-workers!

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

I really enjoy the workplace environment offered at Medpace. People are social, but it does not hinder their abilities of working hard. There is always room to grow in the company which is definitely motivation. I particularly enjoy how fast-paced the environment is, only because it makes you feel like you accomplish a lot in just a short amount of time and you are always on your toes. Everyone is very approachable here and are willing to help in any circumstance. Those who have been here longer than others serve as great role models as well.

Cons

I know for some people they may not enjoy being at their desk for long periods of time, feeling lethargic, and would rather be up and about however, Medpace offers great choices to be active such as a 24-hour gym facility, workout classes, as well as a mapped out walking trail around the company's campus.

Great company to work for in Cincinnati

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

great atmosphere, everyone is very friendly and says hi to each other; everyone is willing to help each other out, no questions asked; managers are very helpful and want to see you exceed and grow quickly in the company; Medpace offers free lunches every day, as well as free soft drinks and assorted coffees all day long, they also have a 24 hour fitness center and fitness classes free of charge, and the fitness classes are great! the dress code is work casual too and you can wear jeans to work everyone which is definitely nice

Cons

you work in a cubicle and it can get noisy at times with so many people so close together

nothing, can not complain!

A genuinely employee-centered company!

I have been working at Medpace full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Medpace is completely different than any other place I have worked. They really promote a positive work-life balance and make that very apparent by providing employees with quality vacation time, free lunches in the cafeteria with coworkers, and even a gym with fitness classes! I have never felt micro-managed here. Actually it is quite the opposite - everyone is trying to get his or her own job done which gives me the freedom to focus on mine without being hounded. I love it! Another huge pro for me is the community Medpace provides. They really foster growth and the people I work with make the job so much more fun.

Cons

I can imagine that some employees would be overwhelmed by how fast-paced Medpace is. I, however, prefer it that way because it always keeps me busy.

Great experience!

I have been working at Medpace

Pros

Medpace offers a client-centric approach and provides their staff with the resources and tools to get the job done. While some CROs focus on adhering to budget, Medpace allows their teams to focus on quality by separating the project team from the finances. Teams have the ability to focus on a quality product for their client.

Medpace offers employment opportunities and paid internships for individuals just out of college and searching for an opportunity to learn the pharmaceutical research business.

Cons

Medical benefits could be better- high premiums and copays.

Data Coordinator

Former Employee - Data Coordinator
    Former Employee - Data Coordinator

I worked at Medpace full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very flexible schedule with potential to work from home eventually, onsite gym, Free lunches, Free beverages (coffee, tea, hot water),

Cons

Slow raises, no bonuses, slow training

Good growth opportunity

I have been working at Medpace

Pros

There are a lot of departments with flexibility to move within the company, both growth or lateral. Many positions allow autonomy while still being a part of a team.

Cons

The medical benefits are a little pricey compared to other companies. As with any corporate company, getting raised or promotions can be difficult for some the way the current system is set up.

Compare employees across their position rather than by supervisor.

good company, great people, below average on salary

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work environment, great people to work with

Cons

Poor salary compared to market

Decent

Former Employee - CRA in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - CRA in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very structured, positive, great learning opportunities

Cons

Pay is below industry standard (very below), the non-compete required to sign at hire is extremely limiting as to where can work 12 months after employment ends, and if you are good at what you do, expect to work 60+hr weeks

work/home life balance keeps employees loyal

A Great Company to Work For!

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Medpace is a growing company with a fast paced environment. Employees are hardworking and collaborative. As a company, Medpace emphasizes employee development and career pathing making this a wonderful company to build your career with.

Cons

Most training is done on the job. If you are not willing to hit the ground running, this is not the company for you.

Employees are positive and believe in the growth and success of the company

Current Employee - Accountant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Accountant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent management; - highly qualified and leadership is transparent. Management and senior management establish well defined goals and communicate them clearly to their employees making advancement reasonably attainable. Laid back yet professional atmosphere makes Medpace a comfortable place to work. Everyone cooperates and works well with each other. Hours are flexible; work/life balance is reasonable.

Cons

Pay is average for support functions within the company. Minimal training for support functions. Most training is "on-the-job." Software is developed in-house; lack of opportunity to work with popular, more advanced software.