Medpace Reviews

August Troendle

Outstanding Internship Opportunities!

Current Employee - Intern in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Medpace is a Young Thriving Company! They are one of the fastest growing Clinical Research companies in Cincinnati. I needed a job that was flexible with my education, so they worked with my schedule where I could be full-time during the summer and part-time during the school year. I like how Medpace is very aware of all the needs of their employees. The company has a brand new state of the art LEED certified campus and has always created a comfortable work environment for myself. I love how Medpace also provides casual dress throughout each business day for its employees. Workers get to enjoy very well organized training opportunities, that have personally helped me understand my individual roles and contributions to the company. I feel as though there is excellent room for potential advancement within this company. I was offered both a competitive salary and great benefits. They even provide lunch every day in their on campus cafeteria, which I find rewarding since I don’t have to pack a lunch! Another resource I found is that they provide me and my immediate family members a 24/7 weight and exercise facility. I have also enjoyed the friendly help and advice that has been offered to me by my co-workers, making me feel welcome. Work is both fulfilling and rewarding for me as an Intern at Medpace and I am grateful for the opportunities they have provided me!
    Other Benefits I have found include:
    -Company Intranet and Social Events Page
    -Smoke Free Campus
    -24/7 Campus Security
    -Provided Parking
    -Zumba/Crossfit/Advance Fitness Classes
    -Great Interoffice Communication
    -Thursday Night Pickup Basketball Games

Cons

Build Awareness of the company. Reach out even more to future employees through college recruitment. Be more open with public relations and marketing. Have more Medpace based events held on campus. Become more active on Social Media.

Keep working hard by listening to the needs of employees. Distribute more Medpace news to the public (community events, sponsorship, philanthropy etc.) Encourage more employee involvement throughout the workplace. Continue expanding the business internationally.

Great, fast-paced working environment full of very helpful co-workers!

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

I really enjoy the workplace environment offered at Medpace. People are social, but it does not hinder their abilities of working hard. There is always room to grow in the company which is definitely motivation. I particularly enjoy how fast-paced the environment is, only because it makes you feel like you accomplish a lot in just a short amount of time and you are always on your toes. Everyone is very approachable here and are willing to help in any circumstance. Those who have been here longer than others serve as great role models as well.

Cons

I know for some people they may not enjoy being at their desk for long periods of time, feeling lethargic, and would rather be up and about however, Medpace offers great choices to be active such as a 24-hour gym facility, workout classes, as well as a mapped out walking trail around the company's campus.

Great company to work for in Cincinnati

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

great atmosphere, everyone is very friendly and says hi to each other; everyone is willing to help each other out, no questions asked; managers are very helpful and want to see you exceed and grow quickly in the company; Medpace offers free lunches every day, as well as free soft drinks and assorted coffees all day long, they also have a 24 hour fitness center and fitness classes free of charge, and the fitness classes are great! the dress code is work casual too and you can wear jeans to work everyone which is definitely nice

Cons

you work in a cubicle and it can get noisy at times with so many people so close together

nothing, can not complain!

A genuinely employee-centered company!

I have been working at Medpace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Medpace is completely different than any other place I have worked. They really promote a positive work-life balance and make that very apparent by providing employees with quality vacation time, free lunches in the cafeteria with coworkers, and even a gym with fitness classes! I have never felt micro-managed here. Actually it is quite the opposite - everyone is trying to get his or her own job done which gives me the freedom to focus on mine without being hounded. I love it! Another huge pro for me is the community Medpace provides. They really foster growth and the people I work with make the job so much more fun.

Cons

I can imagine that some employees would be overwhelmed by how fast-paced Medpace is. I, however, prefer it that way because it always keeps me busy.

good company, great people, below average on salary

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work environment, great people to work with

Cons

Poor salary compared to market

Decent

Former Employee - CRA in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - CRA in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very structured, positive, great learning opportunities

Cons

Pay is below industry standard (very below), the non-compete required to sign at hire is extremely limiting as to where can work 12 months after employment ends, and if you are good at what you do, expect to work 60+hr weeks

work/home life balance keeps employees loyal

A Great Company to Work For!

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Medpace is a growing company with a fast paced environment. Employees are hardworking and collaborative. As a company, Medpace emphasizes employee development and career pathing making this a wonderful company to build your career with.

Cons

Most training is done on the job. If you are not willing to hit the ground running, this is not the company for you.

Employees are positive and believe in the growth and success of the company

Current Employee - Accountant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Accountant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent management; - highly qualified and leadership is transparent. Management and senior management establish well defined goals and communicate them clearly to their employees making advancement reasonably attainable. Laid back yet professional atmosphere makes Medpace a comfortable place to work. Everyone cooperates and works well with each other. Hours are flexible; work/life balance is reasonable.

Cons

Pay is average for support functions within the company. Minimal training for support functions. Most training is "on-the-job." Software is developed in-house; lack of opportunity to work with popular, more advanced software.

Nice Cincinnati-based Company that continued to grow during my time there

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time

Pros

The top Insurance was as good or better than I have had at other companies
    Employees were allowed to use flextime

Cons

Satisfaction depends on your manager / department (but where is it any different?)

Love Medpace

Current Employee - Bio Statistician in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Bio Statistician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace

Pros

Young workforce, free lunch, onsite gym, growing opportunity, coworkers are wonderful, new facility, fast growing business

Cons

not a very good insurance plan

No advice, he could not be better than this