Medpace

Medpace Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2014

Medpace President and CEO August Troendle

August Troendle

Great, fast-paced working environment full of very helpful co-workers!

ProsI really enjoy the workplace environment offered at Medpace. People are social, but it does not hinder their abilities of working hard. There is always room to grow in the company which is definitely motivation. I particularly enjoy how fast-paced the environment is, only because it makes you feel like you accomplish a lot in just a short amount of time and you are always on your toes. Everyone is very approachable here and are willing to help in any circumstance. Those who have been here longer than others serve as great role models as well.

ConsI know for some people they may not enjoy being at their desk for long periods of time, feeling lethargic, and would rather be up and about however, Medpace offers great choices to be active such as a 24-hour gym facility, workout classes, as well as a mapped out walking trail around the company's campus.

Great company to work for in Cincinnati

Cincinnati, OH

Prosgreat atmosphere, everyone is very friendly and says hi to each other; everyone is willing to help each other out, no questions asked; managers are very helpful and want to see you exceed and grow quickly in the company; Medpace offers free lunches every day, as well as free soft drinks and assorted coffees all day long, they also have a 24 hour fitness center and fitness classes free of charge, and the fitness classes are great! the dress code is work casual too and you can wear jeans to work everyone which is definitely nice

Consyou work in a cubicle and it can get noisy at times with so many people so close together

Advice to Senior Managementnothing, can not complain!

A genuinely employee-centered company!

Cincinnati, OH

ProsMedpace is completely different than any other place I have worked. They really promote a positive work-life balance and make that very apparent by providing employees with quality vacation time, free lunches in the cafeteria with coworkers, and even a gym with fitness classes! I have never felt micro-managed here. Actually it is quite the opposite - everyone is trying to get his or her own job done which gives me the freedom to focus on mine without being hounded. I love it! Another huge pro for me is the community Medpace provides. They really foster growth and the people I work with make the job so much more fun.

ConsI can imagine that some employees would be overwhelmed by how fast-paced Medpace is. I, however, prefer it that way because it always keeps me busy.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good company, great people, below average on salary

Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood work environment, great people to work with

ConsPoor salary compared to market

Decent

CRA (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsVery structured, positive, great learning opportunities

ConsPay is below industry standard (very below), the non-compete required to sign at hire is extremely limiting as to where can work 12 months after employment ends, and if you are good at what you do, expect to work 60+hr weeks

Advice to Senior Managementwork/home life balance keeps employees loyal

A Great Company to Work For!

Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsMedpace is a growing company with a fast paced environment. Employees are hardworking and collaborative. As a company, Medpace emphasizes employee development and career pathing making this a wonderful company to build your career with.

ConsMost training is done on the job. If you are not willing to hit the ground running, this is not the company for you.

Employees are positive and believe in the growth and success of the company

Accountant (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsExcellent management; - highly qualified and leadership is transparent. Management and senior management establish well defined goals and communicate them clearly to their employees making advancement reasonably attainable. Laid back yet professional atmosphere makes Medpace a comfortable place to work. Everyone cooperates and works well with each other. Hours are flexible; work/life balance is reasonable.

ConsPay is average for support functions within the company. Minimal training for support functions. Most training is "on-the-job." Software is developed in-house; lack of opportunity to work with popular, more advanced software.

Nice Cincinnati-based Company that continued to grow during my time there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe top Insurance was as good or better than I have had at other companies
    Employees were allowed to use flextime

ConsSatisfaction depends on your manager / department (but where is it any different?)

Love Medpace

Bio Statistician (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsYoung workforce, free lunch, onsite gym, growing opportunity, coworkers are wonderful, new facility, fast growing business

Consnot a very good insurance plan

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice, he could not be better than this

I loved Medpace

Clinical Research Associate III (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsQuick career progression and support from managers. I was promoted very quickly when working at Medpace and was always given the opportunity to progress.

ConsUnmanageable workload. As the company got busier and busier, everyone's workload increased exponentially and there was really no work/life balance and that is what prompted me to look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease work on ensuring that the employees are not overloaded with work, especially the Clinical Research Associates, who have to travel frequently.

Worked for Medpace? Contribute to the Community!

Medpace Videos

Medpace – Why Work for Us?

Finding work that is challenging, having the tools and training to succeed, being rewarded and provided opportunities to grow professionally are just a few reasons talented individuals join the Medpace team. With our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medpace reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Medpace CEO August Troendle. All 33 reviews posted anonymously by Medpace employees.