Medpace

Medpace President and CEO August Troendle

August Troendle

Statistical Analyst

I worked at Medpace full-time

ProsMost of the colleagues are nice

ConsWorst management ever, don't value talents. Don't go to this place if you have other offers, this place could ruin your whole life career

Do you like to chase carrots on a stick?

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFree fitness room, free lunch, benefits are decent, salary is decent.

ConsManagement makes promises they can't or won't keep. Very capable and bright employees are undervalued and unchallenged as promotions are not based on merit so much as popularity. Training is nonexistent. It's sink or swim.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to value employees who are bright and seeking the opportunity to learn and advance.

Try somewhere Else...

CRA (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits: Free lunch everyday, onsite gym, secure building, and pretty good health/dental insurance with different savings plans like 401k etc.

ConsIf your not the Barbie Doll type don't waste your time...they say training is supposed to be 4-6 months but for about half its really a judgment of 4-6 weeks. This company really doesn't give you a chance to improve, gives no warnings before discharging really good employees. Just be cautious before accepting their offer, because it can really hurt your chances at getting another job like this one in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is willing to help, however you have to seek the help. Even if you do it doesn't make a difference if they will keep you on or not. They simply don't give their employees a chance to improve their skills...even if the job is something new.

Unsafe work practices, CPU ran on fear

I worked at Medpace full-time

ProsCo workers very friendly and hard working.

ConsUpper management runs department based on fear, threats, and belittling staff. Their behavior is protected by HR and when reported we are told, "That's just the way he is, he's actually better than he used to be. Unsafe practices when providing subject care...staff instructed and not given time to change gloves or wash hands, even with sanitizer between subjects. Other violations exist in the department.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the staff doing the work, won't be long before you actually have legal action for the hostile work environment created by the threats and yelling in the workplace.

Poor Leadership

ProsNone
I guess if you like your colleagues then that is the only positive.

ConsNon-director level positions don't have a private office, set-up is cubicles, there is no privacy as everyone can hear your conversations. There's micromanagement, the directors don't know how to delegate. They need to learn how to delegate the workload. HR does not allow for the employees to socialize so be very careful what you say and watch your behavior. You can be terminated without any reason.

There are better companies than this one.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to delegate the workload. Follow the employee's job description. There is no training in place in any department. Need to learn how to implement team building.

Not a good place to work

Executive Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Medpace full-time for more than 8 years

ProsMoney is good but not better than similar companies. Lots of hardworking people

ConsCompany run on fear. Upper Management is weak and barely credible. Poor respect for employees. Lots of workers are unhappy and scared and are always looking for other opportunities. I want to go too.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some training how to mange people or do something else.

poor management and no respect

I have been working at Medpace

Proslike to hire no experience people

Consnot a good place for work, overtime is taken to be granted from top management, no respect at all

Not for the experienced

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Medpace

ProsGood place for someone who wants to learn clinical trials.

ConsManagement does not recognize or value talent. Management treats you in a manner where you should be seen and not heard. Too many silos in the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to learn inclusiveness and appreciate ALL employees and treat them with respect and as a valuable resource to their success.

Look elsewhere, if possible!

I have been working at Medpace

ProsThe salary is competitive. There is a gym onsite.

ConsThere seems to be a lot of politics involved in performance reviews, as well as corresponding merit increases and bonuses. It is very difficult to move up. Employees are not generally treated well, and are fearful to make a decision. Management is very controlling, and proud of that.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't continue the culture of fear.

Red Flags Everywhere

Clinical Research Associate I (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time for less than a year

ProsCompensation and benefits are good. If you work at the office there is a nice workout facility and free lunch. After training you are able to work from home.

ConsThe Manager's are not flexible, do not give honest feedback, talk negatively about employees/ position/ company, and expectations are unclear and be prepared to work long hours. Cannot bring new thoughts or ideas- they don't care to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone of the Managers are on the same page. One will tell you one thing and another will tell you something completely different.

Worked for Medpace? Contribute to the Community!

Medpace Videos

Medpace – Why Work for Us?

Finding work that is challenging, having the tools and training to succeed, being rewarded and provided opportunities to grow professionally are just a few reasons talented individuals join the Medpace team. With our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medpace reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Medpace CEO August Troendle. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by Medpace employees.