Medpace

Medpace President and CEO August Troendle
August Troendle

Statistical Analyst

I worked at Medpace full-time

Pros

Most of the colleagues are nice

Cons

Worst management ever, don't value talents. Don't go to this place if you have other offers, this place could ruin your whole life career

Do you like to chase carrots on a stick?

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Free fitness room, free lunch, benefits are decent, salary is decent.

Cons

Management makes promises they can't or won't keep. Very capable and bright employees are undervalued and unchallenged as promotions are not based on merit so much as popularity. Training is nonexistent. It's sink or swim.

Learn to value employees who are bright and seeking the opportunity to learn and advance.

Try somewhere Else...

Current Employee - CRA in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - CRA in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits: Free lunch everyday, onsite gym, secure building, and pretty good health/dental insurance with different savings plans like 401k etc.

Cons

If your not the Barbie Doll type don't waste your time...they say training is supposed to be 4-6 months but for about half its really a judgment of 4-6 weeks. This company really doesn't give you a chance to improve, gives no warnings before discharging really good employees. Just be cautious before accepting their offer, because it can really hurt your chances at getting another job like this one in the industry.

Management is willing to help, however you have to seek the help. Even if you do it doesn't make a difference if they will keep you on or not. They simply don't give their employees a chance to improve their skills...even if the job is something new.

Analyst

Current Employee - Account Analyst II
    Current Employee - Account Analyst II

I have been working at Medpace full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good for new to the industry, lots of things to learn.

Cons

poor management and no promotions at all.

Great, fast-paced working environment full of very helpful co-workers!

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

I really enjoy the workplace environment offered at Medpace. People are social, but it does not hinder their abilities of working hard. There is always room to grow in the company which is definitely motivation. I particularly enjoy how fast-paced the environment is, only because it makes you feel like you accomplish a lot in just a short amount of time and you are always on your toes. Everyone is very approachable here and are willing to help in any circumstance. Those who have been here longer than others serve as great role models as well.

Cons

I know for some people they may not enjoy being at their desk for long periods of time, feeling lethargic, and would rather be up and about however, Medpace offers great choices to be active such as a 24-hour gym facility, workout classes, as well as a mapped out walking trail around the company's campus.

Great company to work for in Cincinnati

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

great atmosphere, everyone is very friendly and says hi to each other; everyone is willing to help each other out, no questions asked; managers are very helpful and want to see you exceed and grow quickly in the company; Medpace offers free lunches every day, as well as free soft drinks and assorted coffees all day long, they also have a 24 hour fitness center and fitness classes free of charge, and the fitness classes are great! the dress code is work casual too and you can wear jeans to work everyone which is definitely nice

Cons

you work in a cubicle and it can get noisy at times with so many people so close together

nothing, can not complain!

A Great Company to Work For!

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Medpace is a growing company with a fast paced environment. Employees are hardworking and collaborative. As a company, Medpace emphasizes employee development and career pathing making this a wonderful company to build your career with.

Cons

Most training is done on the job. If you are not willing to hit the ground running, this is not the company for you.

A genuinely employee-centered company!

I have been working at Medpace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Medpace is completely different than any other place I have worked. They really promote a positive work-life balance and make that very apparent by providing employees with quality vacation time, free lunches in the cafeteria with coworkers, and even a gym with fitness classes! I have never felt micro-managed here. Actually it is quite the opposite - everyone is trying to get his or her own job done which gives me the freedom to focus on mine without being hounded. I love it! Another huge pro for me is the community Medpace provides. They really foster growth and the people I work with make the job so much more fun.

Cons

I can imagine that some employees would be overwhelmed by how fast-paced Medpace is. I, however, prefer it that way because it always keeps me busy.

Employees are positive and believe in the growth and success of the company

Current Employee - Accountant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Accountant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent management; - highly qualified and leadership is transparent. Management and senior management establish well defined goals and communicate them clearly to their employees making advancement reasonably attainable. Laid back yet professional atmosphere makes Medpace a comfortable place to work. Everyone cooperates and works well with each other. Hours are flexible; work/life balance is reasonable.

Cons

Pay is average for support functions within the company. Minimal training for support functions. Most training is "on-the-job." Software is developed in-house; lack of opportunity to work with popular, more advanced software.

Unsafe work practices, CPU ran on fear

I worked at Medpace full-time

Pros

Co workers very friendly and hard working.

Cons

Upper management runs department based on fear, threats, and belittling staff. Their behavior is protected by HR and when reported we are told, "That's just the way he is, he's actually better than he used to be. Unsafe practices when providing subject care...staff instructed and not given time to change gloves or wash hands, even with sanitizer between subjects. Other violations exist in the department.

Listen to the staff doing the work, won't be long before you actually have legal action for the hostile work environment created by the threats and yelling in the workplace.