MegaPath Reviews

Updated August 23, 2014
Updated August 23, 2014

2.8

D. Craig Young

Pros
  • There are still some good people here, albeit multiple layers removed from the CEO (in 3 reviews)

• Fun work environment for the area (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • All mid and upper management (with the exception of 2) came from Qwest/Century Link (in 6 reviews)

• Management team is constantly shifting (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Technical Support Engineer

I worked at MegaPath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Insurance, Paid Time Off, Life insurance

Cons

Time off policies paid not enough

Don't be cheap

Great Team in the Network Operations Center!

Former Employee - NOC Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - NOC Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at MegaPath full-time for less than a year

Pros

The camaraderie is fantastic, everyone gets along and is welcomed. I was given in-depth training my first week, which continued afterwards when I sat with other helpful engineers. Top-notch staff.

Cons

Sometimes the amount of work is unpredictable, it comes in waves. One day it will be dead, the next everyone will be scrambling to handle the call volume.

More cross training.

Megapath

Current Employee - NOC Support Specialist  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - NOC Support Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at MegaPath for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work environment
    Will prepare you for networking job.

Cons

Pay
    They are only hiring temps
    company structure.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Frustrating

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at MegaPath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Admittedly, there are a few of benefits to work in the Seattle office. The people you work with are more than happy to help you get to where you need to be knowledge-wise. They're very supportive; everyone I worked with in my office I felt like I could trust. The benefits are middling but they're better than most places.

Cons

Anyone occupying a position higher than director is completely disconnected from reality. There is no investment in day-to-day operations at the corporate level. The CEO is unburdened by an ability to filter or understand his audience, and routinely he explained how he is profiting off the misery of his employees on company-wide calls intending to motivate employees to "work harder."

If you're not in Sales you may as well get bent; you will receive no additional help, motivation, or incentive to work harder, but you will routinely be expected to double your output without a subsequent increase in pay.

Upper management constantly provides middle management with competing objectives that cannot be obtained through any method short of divine intervention. It's as if "do more with less" became "do more with basically nothing."

Development of internal tools is done without any employee feedback because user acceptance testing is volunteer based while many of the employees -- already overloaded attempting to process work through broken tools written by the same development team -- don't have time to take on extra activities.

There is no motivation from human resources to provide resources to the humans because the employees at MegaPath are means to an end. In fact, per the CEO, the job of any non-sales employee is to assist Sales in getting a commission, even though the only profit you'll receive from such activity is self-gratification.

One of the mantras repeated at MegaPath is "the rules of business have changed again," but they change so frequently and move so fast that it's like trying to kill a cheetah with a fly swatter from a kilometer away.

The only person worth their salt on the executive board is the CIO. Everyone else should be dragged from the offices and sent to the stocks for public humiliation. This company is being driven into the ground by its executive board, the VPs are more than willing to ride out until they do so, and eventually the thousand people working there will suffer at the hands of yet another completely disconnected old man's club.

Good company to work for

I have been working at MegaPath

Pros

Good culture in california and across other branch offices. Focused in a few growth areas that are exciting, VOIP and cloud.

Cons

Legacy business has been a drag on growth for some people.

Focus on the growth areas.

Progressive but poor managemnet

Current Employee - Mid- Market Sales  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Mid- Market Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at MegaPath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun work environment for the area . Nice office. Time off is week weak incentive's.

Cons

not much to say here benefits are weak not much room to advance in the company.

Making a successful sales agent takes more than a year and you give them about 6 months.

Up and down.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at MegaPath full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The long term pros are talented. They've recently fixed some long-standing issues with technical planning and budget.

Cons

Business they are in is challenging and bonus structure is tied to revenues, making it difficult/impossible to consistently receive a fair bonus or feel secure in you job. Management team is constantly shifting. Internal timelines for critical infrastructure are pushed back on a consistent basis.

Tie at least half of bonus structure to individual or team goals. Budget realistic amounts for training. Continue to improve your budgets for technical upgrades. Budget more for raises- the market for talent is getting more expensive.

Good job for those that enjoy a little chaos

Current Employee - SCM  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - SCM in Austin, TX

I have been working at MegaPath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

MegaPath has a lot of internal opportunities open to those that search for it, but it can often be a pain to try and move around. In particular, it is difficult for NOC employee's to do anything but move up in NOC. The same applies to many of the other career paths available.

Cons

MegaPath can be frustrating to both new and old employees due to a lack of higher management follow-through. I found that the training was sub-par, but was not given enough ability to make any serious headway in changing it. Training has improved, but it still lacks the detail necessary to really excel at the job.

I think that if MegaPath were to concentrate more on training and enabling it's employee's, the company would have better results. My time there was well spent.

Co-workers are like family - Product, Support and Systems are finally coming together since the merger of 3 companies

Current Employee - Business Sales Executive  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Sales Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at MegaPath full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people to work for and with. Good compensation and benefits. Competetive environment with a 'do the right thing' motto. I've been with the company for a while and we have had our share of ups and downs since the merger of three companies, but now all of the pieces seem to be coming together. Our internal systems have come a long way and the install process has matured to the point that if you do your job right, customers get installed at a high percentage and are happy with the experience and service.

Cons

It takes a while to get going and there is a ton to learn and master to be successful, but if your willing to invest the time and build your channel partner relationships, there is a great opportunity for a career here.

Keep doing what your doing, we are on the right path, just don't stop looking at how we can improve. We have become a very good company, but we can become a very great company. That's something I'd love to be a part of.

Great People, Absolute Total Chaos with the Worst Management Decisions

Former Employee - Business Sales Executive  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Business Sales Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at MegaPath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are really great. The owner is a terrific guy. The products are top notch IF they install.

Cons

Quota is far above average and pay is below average. No flexibility--Salespeople have an hourly wage, work overtime and don't get compensated but have to claim every minute of PTO. Management rolls out drastically new and different ways of doing business without communicating anything to the teams. Zero follow through from employees. You will work very hard to build your business so that management can give your opportunities and accounts to someone else. If you value the customer and set high expectations for yourself and co-workers, you will hate it here.

Fire whomever decided to make these changes to the business units. What are you thinking?? You are killing SMB, the department that provides you 80% of your revenue! You are losing your partners. You will lose your customers by giving them dedicated sales reps in Manila. You will lose your top employees. Stop pouring money into lead generation that sucks. My partner received 45 auto emails in two weeks with useless info. Get back to basics and back to doing whatever you were doing 1.5 years ago. Calls were coming in, partners were happy, employees were happy. Management, please start consulting a magic 8-ball... you might have better success.

Worked for MegaPath? Contribute to the Community!