Meggitt Reviews

Reset
2.6
Meggitt Chief Executive Stephen Young
Stephen Young

1. Meggitt has potential once some structure is developed.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Rockmart, GA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Rockmart, GA

Pros

The product application is very exciting. It is always very impressive to explain what you do for a living. The company is very open to new, innovative ideas.

Cons

The organization and communication could use improvement starting with upper management. Employees need to feel they are appreciated and an important part of the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge a job well done, not just pointing out the negative aspects of performance.

Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Meggitt full-time

Pros

Great people and great environment to work in. I enjoy the challenges and variety of projects. The work hours are flexible.

Cons

Company runs lean, so many long days. I would like the company to embrace green environment and provide electric car charging stations.

3. Company in transition

I worked at Meggitt full-time

Pros

Meggitt is made up of a lot of really smart people that do very interesting work. You can come in at entry level and have a big impact very quickly.

Cons

Meggitt needs to decide what it wants to be when it grows up. The the structure is very confusing to employees and there is a lack of intentional company culture.

Advice to Management

Spend some time and money on the soft stuff, it's important. Mission/vision, leadership training, things that will rally the company that behind common goals.

5. Executive Administrative Assistant

Former Employee - MIS Executive Administrative Assistant in Encino, CA
    Former Employee - MIS Executive Administrative Assistant in Encino, CA

I worked at Meggitt (Less than a year)

Pros

This company was awesome to work for. Too bad it was only a temp position.

Cons

The only con was that the position was only temp and never led to anything permanent.

6. Meggitt-OECO

Former Employee - Engineer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Engineer in Portland, OR

I worked at Meggitt (More than a year)

Pros

Great helpful people, flexible, good work enviroment

Cons

Going through a lot of change and restructuring so it can get bumpy at times.

7. Contracts Administrator

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

I worked at Meggitt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company did provide good insurance benefits and the company closed down the week between Christmas and New Years Day.

Cons

The company's idea of "LEAN" is working with the bare minimum of individuals possible. There is no such thing as a 45 hour work week, the average is more like 50-60 hours. Of course, employees are salaried so there is no OT. Leadership left a lot to be desired and because of that, there was no focus on team efforts between departments let alone within specific departments. There is a new CEO and I believe he sees things differently than in the past. With his guidance, I believe the company can turn around internally, but I anticipate that the results will not be seen for 3-5 years and that it won't happen without a lot of changes to upper management.

Advice to Management

To the CEO - I truly believe you see what needs to be done and are now starting to put those steps into place: 1) Replace old management thinking by empowering staff, 2) RESPECT staff, their ideas and opinions. I think you WILL make a difference in this company Mr. Young, but it is going to take time - I wish you great success as I believe the company has wonderful potential, but not with most of the current leadership (yourself being the exception).

8. Don't do it!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockmart, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockmart, GA

I worked at Meggitt full-time

Pros

I don't work there anymore.

Cons

Nepotism is rampant. Ignorance and disrespect are the two words that best describe management. Rather than hire the right resources to do the job they just keep dumping more work on anyone willing to do it and promote their family members and simpletons so that no one will take issue with the fact that they don't know what they are doing. I highly recommend working anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Try promoting someone outside of your family who understands how a business should be run instead of spending all that energy covering up your daughter's incompetence with hostility and lies.

9. Overall, it was a good experience.

Former Employee - Engineer in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Corona, CA

I worked at Meggitt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are good. Some engineers and some managers were very friendly and willing to put in their fair share or more of the workload.

Cons

Management could have been improved. Communications with the employees really need to be put in place. It seems as though the company is not interested in new business.

Advice to Management

Communication leads to trust. Honesty is always the best policy.

10. Design Engineer

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Corona, CA

Pros

Fun, Friendly, Great Work Environment, Casual

Cons

Bad Management, Outdated technology, No room for Growth

11. good place to work for

Pros

Good benefits and competitive pay. Decent equipment to work with and great people to work with

Cons

None really standing out right now

RSS Feed </> Embed