Meggitt

Add Photos

Stephen Young

Great Company to Work For

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGreat benefits and people. The company is investing a lot for the future - R&D, SAP, new site in Irvine, lean..etc

ConsHigh pace environment. Work-life balance sometimes hard to achieve.

If you're at the table, you better have something to say, the company is fueled by ideas for business improvement

ProsWell positioned in the aerospace, and diversified industrial market. Voices are heard and ideas are implemented

ConsA very British culture, we're perfectionists

Advice to Senior ManagementThe power of One Meggitt

Growth and intelligence, diversity and team oriented

Management (Current Employee) Akron, OH

ProsSuper people, hard working, up and comer at the tier one supplier level

ConsYoung, needs some infrastructure, small learning to be big

Advice to Senior ManagementBe objective in decision-making and compassionate in implementation

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stable and profitable company

ProsMeggitt is a profitable, growing company that is not as well-known in terms of name recognition in the industry as some competitors...but they deserve to be acknowledged as an industry leader.

ConsThe senior leaders are a bit too wrapped up in the hierarchical structure (i.e. chain of command) with a little too much flowing from the 'top down', and not enough opportunity to share ideas upward.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaises should be merit increases, based on performance - not cost of living increases

Sales

ProsCompany has organized and central focus to achieve significant growth in the market place

Consnothing to report at this time

One of the top employers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsMeggitt offers competitive salary and benefits. It's relatively smaller compared to major defense contractors. This means a lot of opportunity for career advancements and growth.

ConsI do not have a single negative opinion about this company. Meggitt offers competitive salary and benefits. It's relatively smaller compared to major defense contractors. This means a lot of opportunity for career advancements and growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do not have a single negative opinion about this company. Meggitt offers competitive salary and benefits. It's relatively smaller compared to major defense contractors. This means a lot of opportunity for career advancements and growth.

apprentice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosfunded university studies for 3 years batchelors

Conssometimes wasn't involved in day to day working in depts

Advice to Senior Managementget apprentices more involved

Good company to work for with a good future.

Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsMeggitt performs well against its competitors, many are much larger than Meggitt. The name is well known and respected within the markets of engagement. Competitive salary and benefits with good learning opportunities. Very active in continuous improvement and customer focused.

ConsThought the company values are good, senior management can struggle at times to hear the good ideas from within the teams.
    If you struggle in a dynamic matrix environment consider how you would adapt before jumping in.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate opportunities, forums and strong processes for allowing new ideas to develop from within.

Solid company known for products

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, excellent 401K and friendly work environment.

ConsA bit of hierarchy does exist.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership could participate more in the hands-on roles to better understand challenges.

Good People, friendly atmosphere. Limited opportunities for development

ProsInteresting job, working on a variety of different aircraft in Civil or Military applications. Wealth of experienced people to learn from.

Conslimited career development, somewhat dissorganised structure

Worked for Meggitt? Contribute to the Community!