Meggitt Reviews

Stephen Young

1. Contracts Administrator

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

I worked at Meggitt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company did provide good insurance benefits and the company closed down the week between Christmas and New Years Day.

Cons

The company's idea of "LEAN" is working with the bare minimum of individuals possible. There is no such thing as a 45 hour work week, the average is more like 50-60 hours. Of course, employees are salaried so there is no OT. Leadership left a lot to be desired and because of that, there was no focus on team efforts between departments let alone within specific departments. There is a new CEO and I believe he sees things differently than in the past. With his guidance, I believe the company can turn around internally, but I anticipate that the results will not be seen for 3-5 years and that it won't happen without a lot of changes to upper management.

Advice to Management

To the CEO - I truly believe you see what needs to be done and are now starting to put those steps into place: 1) Replace old management thinking by empowering staff, 2) RESPECT staff, their ideas and opinions. I think you WILL make a difference in this company Mr. Young, but it is going to take time - I wish you great success as I believe the company has wonderful potential, but not with most of the current leadership (yourself being the exception).

2. Meggitt has potential once some structure is developed.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Rockmart, GA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Rockmart, GA

Pros

The product application is very exciting. It is always very impressive to explain what you do for a living. The company is very open to new, innovative ideas.

Cons

The organization and communication could use improvement starting with upper management. Employees need to feel they are appreciated and an important part of the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge a job well done, not just pointing out the negative aspects of performance.

3. Don't do it!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockmart, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockmart, GA

I worked at Meggitt full-time

Pros

I don't work there anymore.

Cons

Nepotism is rampant. Ignorance and disrespect are the two words that best describe management. Rather than hire the right resources to do the job they just keep dumping more work on anyone willing to do it and promote their family members and simpletons so that no one will take issue with the fact that they don't know what they are doing. I highly recommend working anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Try promoting someone outside of your family who understands how a business should be run instead of spending all that energy covering up your daughter's incompetence with hostility and lies.

5. Brilliant place great people.

Former Employee - Xrf in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Xrf in Birmingham, England (UK)

I worked at Meggitt (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent working atmosphere, great relationships, nothing bad to say. I have enjoyed every minute of it and will miss the people I've come to regard as friends. Even my manager, yes brilliant man to work for.

Cons

After working as a temp for 14 months, making massive improvements I was asked to leave. I fully understand the reasons given. I asked for training and was refused so no prospects for advancement.

Advice to Management

Too many people do not care for what they do. No morale equals no output. If you want the best, employ the best instead of letting them go. Invest in the hard workers and they will invest in you. Good luck every one, best wishes to all!!

Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Meggitt full-time

Pros

Great people and great environment to work in. I enjoy the challenges and variety of projects. The work hours are flexible.

Cons

Company runs lean, so many long days. I would like the company to embrace green environment and provide electric car charging stations.

7. Company in transition

I worked at Meggitt full-time

Pros

Meggitt is made up of a lot of really smart people that do very interesting work. You can come in at entry level and have a big impact very quickly.

Cons

Meggitt needs to decide what it wants to be when it grows up. The the structure is very confusing to employees and there is a lack of intentional company culture.

Advice to Management

Spend some time and money on the soft stuff, it's important. Mission/vision, leadership training, things that will rally the company that behind common goals.

8. Executive Administrative Assistant

Former Employee - MIS Executive Administrative Assistant in Encino, CA
    Former Employee - MIS Executive Administrative Assistant in Encino, CA

I worked at Meggitt (Less than a year)

Pros

This company was awesome to work for. Too bad it was only a temp position.

Cons

The only con was that the position was only temp and never led to anything permanent.

9. Meggitt-OECO

Former Employee - Engineer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Engineer in Portland, OR

I worked at Meggitt (More than a year)

Pros

Great helpful people, flexible, good work enviroment

Cons

Going through a lot of change and restructuring so it can get bumpy at times.

10. Shocking

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Meggitt (Less than a year)

Pros

Annual leave can be booked freely. Friendly teams. There are really no more pros other than to fill the twenty word minimum.

Cons

Lack of management, work is one dimensional- expect to be doing the same thing for months on end with no real initiative to take on further project work. Lack of goals and objectives set for employees therefore nothing measurable to perform against. Short sighted management who are looking forward to retirement and not developing young talent. Fire fighting ethos is preferred opposed to succession planning. HR and management actively seek to lower terms and conditions even to young graduates entering the business. Excuses such as not enough resource are often used whereas the reality is management are unwilling to hand work to certain people hence individuals become lumbered with one job.

Advice to Management

Correct all of the above! Learn from the talent in your teams, instead of "we've always done it this way" attitude

11. Great company to work for was sad to leave only due to change of system they were gonig to be using. Great colleagues gr

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Coventry, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Coventry, England (UK)

I worked at Meggitt (More than 5 years)

Pros

Location was great colleagues were fun a down to earth Interesting what the company does is very interesting enjoyable Ethics

Cons

Benefits Non existent Progression not much in ways of promotion Blar Blar Blar Blar Blar BlarBlar Blar Blar Blar Blar

RSS Feed </> Embed