Meggitt Safety Systems

Meggitt Safety Systems Reviews

Updated January 8, 2015
3 reviews filtered by
CEO

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

I have been working at Meggitt Safety Systems

Pros

Pay is very good, benefits are good and most employees are good coworkers.

Cons

Too many DLA boards all over factory and offices. Most meetings are not very productive. Some managers and directors are below average and are demotivators.

Advice to Management

Get ffm managers with better people skills next time. Fancy resumes are not everything.

Not what I had hoped for.

I have been working at Meggitt Safety Systems

Pros

Nice group of people working here

Cons

WAY too many daily mandatory meetings that do not add value to my day and prevent me from having time to get my actual work done.

Lots of broken processes or lack of processes

Extremely poor job training

Advice to Management

Consider the amount of time your key employees are spending in daily meetings.

Really examine your processes. There is a lot of room for improvement in several areas, from the factory to office administration. I have had feedback from several different business areas/departments, and it seems that many people feel the same way.

Again, several areas need more job training...many complaints from all different job functions.

Land of Misfit Toys

Former Employee - Engineer in Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Meggitt Safety Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part of working at MSSI is that they don't have too many rules. They are also generous with food rewards: a nice Christmas party, and cookies for Valentine's, etc. Unfortunately, obesity and high BMIs are also a problem with many personnel.

Cons

The processes aren't kept up to date, if there are any at all. Management and HR seems to make up the rules and decisions as they go. IT is basically a "do it yourself" organization. If you can't figure out how to fix it yourself, you may have to wait a while for IT to help you, or just have to be creative in working around the broken application. Example: "SmarTeam" requires you open the app, close the app (because it hangs up), and then login a second time.

Advice to Management

Trust your people more. They're smarter than you think. You've got many of the wrong people as "Leads" over more competent individuals. For being a safety company, there are many things that could and should be done in a much safer way, especially emergency exit and shelter in place, strategies, etc.