Meketa Investment Group

Good company/work, boring environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA

I have been working at Meketa Investment Group full-time

Pros

successful company, good reputation, good track record

Cons

dead silent workplace, seems most people don't enjoy each other, poor pay rates, over work the data analysts leading to extremely high turnover in that position

pay employees more

STAY AWAY; you have been warned!!!

I worked at Meketa Investment Group full-time

Pros

None...the most uncaring, hateful people I have ever worked with...stay away!!!!I

Cons

If you didn't graduate from an Ivy League School and aren't a complete and total snob forget about it...oh, and one of the 'employees' was a drunk and she was looked upon as a Goddess...There is absolutely no talking in that office...WORST PLACE EVER!!!!

Learn how to treat people or you will eventually fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Small but growing company offers lots of different career paths in the investment industry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Meketa Investment Group

Pros

great work life balance, flexibility in work hours, very smart co workers, beautiful offices in Carlsbad with a nice view. lots of different opportunities for projects that are outside the standard scope of your job.

Cons

small company means that some things are decided by a few key decision makers, growing pains are likely to continue, but overall, a very positive experience.

It was a good place to work but the resume experience is shabby.

Former Employee - Data Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Meketa Investment Group

Pros

Nice people and a good place to have a regular 9-5. I left my work at home and usually didn't work more than a 9hr day.

Cons

The systems that Meketa uses are sub-par and the experience that you take away from working there is not impressive.

Working at Meketa Investment Group was far less than ideal.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Westwood, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Westwood, MA

I worked at Meketa Investment Group

Pros

- Some nice people in the company to work with
    - Schedule was fairly flexible
    - Technologies used were cutting edge

Cons

- Poorly managed company coming directly from the President down
    - The Technology group is poor because they do not have a competent Chief Technology Officer
    - The Chief Operating Officer is more interested cleaning up after parties than dealing with real issues
    - The company fired multiple people unfairly and without cause

Management really needs to pay more attention to the employees. They should also be willing to think outside the box. Innovation is something that is seriously lacking in the company and that is part of the reason they are falling behind competitors.

There were no opportunities for growth and advancement, so after the recession waned I looked for employment elsewhere.

I worked at Meketa Investment Group

Pros

This is a good place to work if you have a completed MBA or CFA and 5-7 years experience as an investment analyst.

Cons

This is not a good place to work if you are a recent college graduate or looking for an administrative position as there are few if any opportunities for advancement.

Spend time cultivating advancement opportunities for talented recent graduates and administrative personnel or you will likely continue to lose these individuals after a couple of years' service.

Progressive organization with smart people and a fabulous corporate culture that supports a healthy work/life balance.

I have been working at Meketa Investment Group

Pros

Competitive compensation, generous benefits package, intelligent (but not stuffy) group of co-workers, active/social group of people, healthy work/life balance that encourages personal and professional development.

Cons

In my role, there really haven't been many cons. It's a small firm, which may be a negative for some people? You can't hide on a team and ride anyone else's coat tails? The CEO knows everyone by first name.

Keep up the good work? Your employees appreciate the environment you have created. Thanks for treating us fairly and kindly as human beings and not human "capital."