Melanson Heath & , P.C.

Be The First To
Add Photos

Frank R. Biron

Nice sized company

Tax Preparer (Current Employee)
    Nashua, NH

ProsSmall enough to be personal. Large enough to get a good breadth of experience. Leader in the industry of municipal audit. Managers and staff are friendly and helpful. Company promotes from within.

ConsManagers have little time to train. Advancement can be limited after 3-5 years. Each manager wants things done their own way.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaking good progress for change. Keep it up.

surprisingly realistic environment for a CPA firm

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)

ProsI find the hours totally reasonable compared to what I hear my friends in other firms are expected to do, good work life balance, people are friendly and helpful, lots of opportunity to make your mark, offer lots of little extras - like a CPA exam study group where the firm pays for the meals

Conswork can be quiet challenging - lots to learn. The large projects can be daunting as a new accountant

Advice to Senior Managementnone really, I find them all very approachable and like that about them

Great experience. It was my first job out of college and I learned a lot. The firm is the perfect size.

Municipal Auditor (Former Employee)
    Manchester, NH

ProsGood size. Fair pay. Many Christians working there, Bible study on Friday morning in the Nashua office was great!

ConsI had to work for a difficult manager, but that was just bad luck on my part. Many other management and seniors in the firm were great!

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice needed. I saw that they were doing a great job and were very approachable.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Small but Mighty!

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)

ProsLarge regional firm, with great small firm feel. Travel is limited to 1-2 hours max, with the occasional "unusual circumstance" but overall, travel is typically limited to this window. Teams are small, with hands-on managers and partners. A bonus of having a large regional firm is the additional resources available to splurge on new technology.

ConsNo training, No additional benefits or "bonus" for obtaining any advanced degree or your CPA. New recruits are given a brief orientation with the software and then sent out on jobs . Every team is different, some train, some don't, it really comes done to luck.

Long hours, little to no training, and lack of motivational goals.

ProsSmall firm with a large client base

ConsManagement is too busy to train staff

Worked for Melanson Heath & , P.C.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Melanson Heath & , P.C. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Melanson Heath & , P.C. CEO Frank R. Biron. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Melanson Heath & , P.C. employees.