Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pros
  • Managers were also laid back, but stepped in when needed (in 11 reviews)

• I also enjoyed the flexible schedule (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes the laid back atmosphere can promote lazy and bad work habits (in 3 reviews)

• I guess the only real downside to working there was the lack of hours that seemed to be available (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for FOH.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture is great for working in. Layed back attitude while clearly presenting expectations. Good demand and price points to make an income.

ConsThe corporate level increasingly extends it's influence over the local level.

Advice to Senior Managementtake better care of BOH. Quality kitchen crews pay for themselves in reduced product costs and efficiency.

My time here was very mellow!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat work environment, from the menu to the work staff it was easy to enjoy being there, menu is typically unchanging and limited

Consincome depends upon business or customers, hourly wage is low

Friendly people, laid back atmosphere for a restaurant

General Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood people, caring owners .

ConsWork/family balance .

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the long term employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Underpaid, overworked and no way to move up.

Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsLax attitude about everything. Take a break whenever you want, no punishment for no call no show. Surprisingly clean.

ConsConsider this job a pit stop, not a destination. Don't take any verbal promise at face value and always follow up since some managers will promise you one thing without the seniority to follow through.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your kitchen employees, and reward good work.

Great opportunities for servers and cooks

Server (Current Employee) Cumming, GA

ProsThe management was always understanding that this restaurant is busy as hell and stuff gets messed up.

ConsThere were no cons here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood work Mike

Feels like home.

Bartender (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsWorking for mellow mushroom has given me a whole new set of friends and acquaintances. We all treat each other like family. We hang out together outside of work, we have fun at work. It really makes this job the best serving job you can find. Flexible schedule, and you can make more money than your bosses (sometimes) if you try and work hard enough.

ConsOf course first and foremost, bad tippers. And maybe even worse than that, the jerks. Sometimes you can get over it a little faster if they were at least nice to you and made their visit easy for you.
    Also, when it gets stressful at work, it can hinder your relationships because you get to be so close to your coworkers.
    Sometimes no matter how hard you try, and how long you put your all into the place, you still see favoritism win over, and you won't be rewarded half as often as you should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward team members more frequently. And as upper management, don't take out your bad day on your employees; this kills morale.

Decent job with great relationships

Kitchen Staff/Server (Former Employee) Covington, LA

ProsI enjoyed the personal relationships with my fellow coworkers and I also liked my regular customers. I also enjoyed the flexible schedule.

ConsLate nights, sometimes the managers can be in a bad mood and they will lash out at employees, kitchen guys really test your patience some nights, and as always when dealing with the public, you can expect a few jerks.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more professional wand leave bad attitudes at the door.

Not bad

Hostess (Former Employee)

Pros1. Most coworkers were friendly and laid back.
    2. Managers were also laid back, but stepped in when needed. No management complaints.
    3. Great employee discount for food!! The food is delicious.

Cons1. About half the servers acted rudely to hostesses. I worked as a hostess/to go person. When it got to high volume, it could overwhelm everyone and cause a lot of stress.
    2. Constantly changing schedule and lack of hours available wasn't ideal.
    3. Overall an "ok" job.

Unprofessional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe food was good and most of the employees were pleasant.

ConsManagement seemed inexperienced and unprofessional. Hard work was not acknowledged. Most of them were too busy drinking to know what was going on. The pay was not worth the gas to get there.

Mellow Mushroom Review

Pizza Cook (Former Employee) Gainesville, FL

Prosgreat food, great music, fun environment to enjoy fast paced, challenging work

Conshot near ovens, takes constant laborious cleaning and maintenance to keep a pizza restaurant on point, good food

Advice to Senior ManagementReopen a Gainesville MM!

Worked for Mellow Mushroom? Contribute to the Community!