Meltwater Group Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Great sales / business / management experience program, great international career opportunities.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company culture here is strong, the company is defined by three core values which can be seen in any of Meltwater's 50 offices around the globe. Fun, a winning attitude and respect. The company offers a great deal of international career opportunities, offering strong employees the ability to move domestically or internationally. The company also offers a rigorous sales training program, getting new recruits experience they'd take years to gain elsewhere.

Cons

The career track within Meltwater is very management / sales focused, if your interests lie outside of business development and management, perhaps this isn't the fit for you.

Advice to Management

The company is really run splendidly, compensation is incredibly generous, culture is a great deal of fun and you will really learn a great deal about the business world in a short period of time.

Large International Company with Start-Up Mentality

Current Employee - Media Consultant (Sales Consultant) in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Media Consultant (Sales Consultant) in Miami, FL

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*work with incredibly talented, fun, and intelligent people
    *great base salary and rewarding commission/bonus structure
    *tons of opportunity for quick growth into management
    *international with flexibility if interested in moving abroad
    *most fun company I have ever worked for!!!!!
    *the company offers the best product in its space and is highly respected

Cons

*blurred line for working overtime, which isn't that important as you are here for the commission/bonus, but can be frustrating and come off poorly to employees
    *more flexibility and understanding of personal time (doctor's appointments, leaving early if traveling on a weekend)
    *management is a little overly eager to go public and you feel pressure from the top because of this, in addition when the company does go public the culture/fun will probably decreases significantly
    * don't work here if you aren't interested in making your work life your social life, you work with great people and it almost feels like a fraternity with how many office activities, parties, work outs you have together (but I love it!)

Advice to Management

*management should take a more realistic perspective on growth (too fast, too soon in many cases)
    * management needs to be more aware of work/life balance
    *be more transparent in charging hours worked

Great company that offers fantastic opportunities

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meltwater offers a lot of pros. They company offers several career and personal opportunities both in the US and internationally. Great leadership and a fantastic culture.

Some of the main pros:
    High-pace working environment
    International career opportunities
    Management opportunities
    Great training and development
    Company values and office culture

Cons

Very few cons working for Meltwater. For some people the high-pace work environment and the high standards can be difficult to handle in the long-term, so it is important that your are hardworking and want to develop at Meltwater.

Steep learning curve with huge career development in an exciting, fast paced environment.

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Culture and people. Like-minded people in open, collaborative office spaces.
    - The product. You are working with a best in class solution, you aren't selling snake oil.
    - Personal and professional growth. The ability to transition in to management in the first year of your career.
    - Ongoing training. You continue to learn and do more training and further education throughout your career.
    - Salary. If you work hard and do well, you are compensated extremely generously.

Cons

- Not a huge issue for me, but the day-to-day work can be tough on some people. The more you put in, the more you get out of it, and those who go above and beyond the bare minimum always succeed more than their peers who do not. If you're a strong person and a hard worker, you'll be fine.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the careers of young people, and continue the improvements made in recent years in terms of communication, processes and company strategy.

Great Company! Great Culture! Easiest way to grow quickly in a challenging environment!

I have been working at Meltwater Group

Pros

Meltwater was a company I took a chance on. I had a Master's degree and was super qualified for a lot of bigger positions. I wanted to get into a company I could grow very quickly and have the chance to run my own business. I love the entrepreneurial spirit and the culture was something I couldn't find elsewhere. You get to work with young, inspiring people and move into management roles very quickly. Within 2.5 years, I got the opportunity to move to a new city and run my own office.

Cons

I was a little worried initially about the compensation model since the base salary was lower than most positions I was considering. The base salary is one of the smallest portions of the model. You are overly compensated with bonuses and commission.

It was definitely a lot of hard work in the beginning, but well worth it!

Advice to Management

Upper management is easily accessible and really focuses on people.

Fantastic company that cares for its people

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-CULTURE is important and drives results at Meltwater
    -Those who work hard will be successful and will be generously compensated
    - You will genuinely enjoy coming to work everyday and will learn a lot fast
    - Young people are given a great deal of responsibility and will grow personally and professionally

Cons

There are very little cons I've found in my 4 years here. Like any job you want to be successful at - you will work very hard. It's a steep learning curve at the beginning, but what you gain from your work is well worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in talented, smart, energetic people!

8. Accelerated career path for hard working, ambitious, & outgoing people. Not the job for your ordinary college graduate

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No other company puts so much belief in young people. Having been with Meltwater for nearly 6 years, I've had the opportunity to work in 3 different cities on the east coast and manage some of our most talented new hires. The job at any level of the management program is never "easy" - in fact, it can get hectic at some times. However, it is the people you work with and the office culture that make it all worth it. It's said that if you find a job you love you never have to work a day in your life and I feel as though my career with Meltwater has never been a "job" but more an adventure.

Cons

As with many sales jobs, there are highs and lows. People who cannot separate emotions from their work might find it tough to deal with certain set backs.

Advice to Management

Keep on investing in management training! The programs we've done over the past year have been really helpful!!

9. Top-notch sales training, inspiring culture and tons of upward mobility

Current Employee - Client Acquisition in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Acquisition in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Constant investment in culture and high standards for recruitment mean you're always surrounded by high-performing individuals. Quotas are easily attained and top performers are met with very strong, uncapped compensation.

Cons

From day one you'll have the opportunity to manage the entire sales process while learning about all different industries, but this is a fast-paced and growing company so come prepared to work hard.

Advice to Management

Don't make any sacrifices in the name of growth. Keep with the high standards for people and promotions and continue to invest in the product.

Continue providing training and development to future leaders to ensure they're equipped and prepared.

10. Fun and fast paced company to work for in SaaS

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meltwater offers a strong collaborative work environment. With a huge emphasis on culture in individual offices and across the company. Culture and people here at Meltwater are what drive success and make coming to work every day enjoyable. Those who are willing to put in the hard work will find personal success and great career opportunities in management early on in their career.

Cons

Work/Like balance can be tricky (particularly early on and at times of promotion) but the additional time put in is well worth it both in career opportunities and compensation.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop your employees both in management and industry education.

Better than business school

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- You get exactly how much you put in. If you work hard and stick it through, you will have excellent growth opportunities at a very fast rate
    - You're constantly challenged and put outside of your comfort zone (people afraid of being outside your comfort zone, this is not for you)
    - You get access to the inner workings of the business and exposure to high level company execs very early in your career
    - Inspiring people! The company is great at hiring smart, hardworking people. You'll not only be surrounded by new friends but also people you can learn from

Cons

- Constant change. Not easy for everyone to manage, but once you know what to expect, it actually keeps things exciting.
    - Internal communications, something that the company has struggled with for a while but actually improving now

Advice to Management

-Training has always been something to improve on. Not everyone has the same methodologies and training process

RSS Feed </> Embed