Meltwater Group Reviews

Updated March 17, 2015
136 reviews filtered by

1. Accelerated career path for hard working, ambitious, & outgoing people. Not the job for your ordinary college graduate

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No other company puts so much belief in young people. Having been with Meltwater for nearly 6 years, I've had the opportunity to work in 3 different cities on the east coast and manage some of our most talented new hires. The job at any level of the management program is never "easy" - in fact, it can get hectic at some times. However, it is the people you work with and the office culture that make it all worth it. It's said that if you find a job you love you never have to work a day in your life and I feel as though my career with Meltwater has never been a "job" but more an adventure.

Cons

As with many sales jobs, there are highs and lows. People who cannot separate emotions from their work might find it tough to deal with certain set backs.

Keep on investing in management training! The programs we've done over the past year have been really helpful!!

Fast-paced, energetic, fun

I have been working at Meltwater Group

Pros

Lots of energy, fast-paced environment, young co-workers, amazing work culture, opportunity to make a lot of $ at a young age

Cons

Work-life balance can be challenging at times but you will see your hard work pay off quickly.

3. Fun and fast paced company to work for in SaaS

Current Employee - Managing Director
    Current Employee - Managing Director

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meltwater offers a strong collaborative work environment. With a huge emphasis on culture in individual offices and across the company. Culture and people here at Meltwater are what drive success and make coming to work every day enjoyable. Those who are willing to put in the hard work will find personal success and great career opportunities in management early on in their career.

Cons

Work/Like balance can be tricky (particularly early on and at times of promotion) but the additional time put in is well worth it both in career opportunities and compensation.

Continue to develop your employees both in management and industry education.

Better than business school

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- You get exactly how much you put in. If you work hard and stick it through, you will have excellent growth opportunities at a very fast rate
    - You're constantly challenged and put outside of your comfort zone (people afraid of being outside your comfort zone, this is not for you)
    - You get access to the inner workings of the business and exposure to high level company execs very early in your career
    - Inspiring people! The company is great at hiring smart, hardworking people. You'll not only be surrounded by new friends but also people you can learn from

Cons

- Constant change. Not easy for everyone to manage, but once you know what to expect, it actually keeps things exciting.
    - Internal communications, something that the company has struggled with for a while but actually improving now

-Training has always been something to improve on. Not everyone has the same methodologies and training process

A challenging yet amazing experience that will forever sculpt your professional career

I have been working at Meltwater Group

Pros

Training, people, business experience, upward potential

Cons

Pressure, workload, client building, competitive

Continue to invest in the growth of employees

7. Energetic, exciting company with huge opportunities for growth

Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Meltwater Group

Pros

I started with Meltwater right after graduating from college, almost three years ago now, and I can't say enough positive things about my experience with Meltwater.

From the energetic day-to-day of the job, to the amazing culture and people this company attracts, it makes for a challenging and exciting career path that constantly pushes you to test yourself outside of your comfort zone. The culture promotes an extremely supportive environment.

From day 1, you are given full responsibility and ownership of your own goals---for hungry young people the program is a great path.

Huge personal and professional growth, and the compensation is great- you get what you put in, so if you put in 150% you'll see the benefits financially.

Cons

It is hard work, but I've never necessarily seen that as a con. If you're hungry for success, the hard work won't be a problem.

8. Challenging, Caring, and Competitive Company

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Culture is the center of our day to day at Meltwater. Every day I am surrounded by competitive, passionate, and successful people who truly bring out the best in each other. I feel like the compensation is a great motivator to put in the work day in and day out. The training from day one is very hands on and you are treated like a professional from your colleagues right out of the gates.

Cons

The first few months are intense. There is a lot of work that has to be done out side of the office to make sure you are hitting all of your daily goals. But things get better with time and the hard work truly does pay off. It would be nice to have some more incentivized stock options in the near future.

I have been very fortunate to work with some of the most incredible and influential managers in all of Meltwater. I think we need to be constantly reminded that during recruitment's it is important to only hire those with incredible personalities that will make coming to work every day enjoyable.

9. Motivational environment with steep learning curves into the world of Sales and Management.

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Culture / Highly motivated colleagues / Infectious professionalism and drive to succeed / Earning Potential

Meltwater provides a Market leading solution, which makes believing in what you sell extremely achievable. Arguably one of the best platforms to springboard into the world of B2B sales with quick progression through the ranks being very attainable. Most step up into a management role within their first year of working at Meltwater.

Meltwater awards its employees hard work and determination to succeed both in fast career development and in wage compensation. Very easy to earn a substantial chunk of change in your first year out of College.

Cons

No huge issue here for me personally. As long as you don't mind working hard for your career and putting in the work required to succeed you will be fine.

At the moment I am in the NAM East area. My suggestions are we keep doing what were doing. I work with inspirational people who work hard and get rewarded for their efforts.

10. Great company!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing company culture. You become great friends with the people that you are working with.
    - Ability to make quite a bit of commission and bonuses...you get out what you put in
    - Great sales training and leaders in the company. You have the ability to be promoted within a short period of time

Cons

- Sometimes, the company culture can be overwhelming. You get used to this though!
    - Work/life balance is hard to maintain, but gets easier as you get accustomed to the work load

11. Opportunities you can't get anywhere else

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Culture is very fun and supportive. Compensation and time-off policies are very good. Lots of opportunities, if you put the work in your can pretty much do whatever you want. Work internationally? Management? Marketing? Sales? It's all within reach as Meltwater will focus on your potential, rather than your past experiences.

Cons

It's a very fast moving company, if you don't like change, it might not be for you.

Keep up the good work, continue to focus on people development!