Meltwater Group Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Loved this job! Would recommend to anyone getting into sales / consulting

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Meltwater Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I received a competitive offer from Linkedin, got to move to a city of my dreams, and had to leave what is undoubtedly the best job I have had since graduating college (even Linkedin isn't as much fun). Keep in mind this job will challenge you, but all the while you have a wonderful supportive team of mentors around you to help you succeed. And if you are in it for the long haul, their career path is much faster than other large software companies (I was promoted after 8 months). Extremely competitive salary and a lot of fun - just wish they had an office in Mountain View!

Cons

Honestly the challenge is being in your mid-20's having to pitch C level executives. I enjoy this though, especially because you are able to learn each client experience you have.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees more! A more competitive salary would have definitely kept me here longer.

2. A top-notch sales job with great training and good returns, but requires a massive time commitment.

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is great- you will be friends with your coworkers. All time put into the job is justly rewarded and the compensation is excellent. Career growth is rapid and makes you feel like you have total ownership of your day to day and year to year. The company itself is in the top of the industry and has a clear direction.

Cons

The job requires a lot of time and "9-5" doesn't exist. It's not a bad thing (fridges are stocked and people are a lot of fun) but be prepared to commit the time. The day to day also requires a highly out going personality, both to do the actual job and also to hang with the coworkers. Also, if you have a sucky manager, your first few months can be really really hard.

Great Company! Great Culture! Easiest way to grow quickly in a challenging environment!

Current Employee - Managing Director

Pros

Meltwater was a company I took a chance on. I had a Master's degree and was super qualified for a lot of bigger positions. I wanted to get into a company I could grow very quickly and have the chance to run my own business. I love the entrepreneurial spirit and the culture was something I couldn't find elsewhere. You get to work with young, inspiring people and move into management roles very quickly. Within 2.5 years, I got the opportunity to move to a new city and run my own office.

Cons

I was a little worried initially about the compensation model since the base salary was lower than most positions I was considering. The base salary is one of the smallest portions of the model. You are overly compensated with bonuses and commission. It was definitely a lot of hard work in the beginning, but well worth it!

Advice to Management

Upper management is easily accessible and really focuses on people.

Great company that offers fantastic opportunities

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meltwater offers a lot of pros. They company offers several career and personal opportunities both in the US and internationally. Great leadership and a fantastic culture. Some of the main pros: High-pace working environment International career opportunities Management opportunities Great training and development Company values and office culture

Cons

Very few cons working for Meltwater. For some people the high-pace work environment and the high standards can be difficult to handle in the long-term, so it is important that your are hardworking and want to develop at Meltwater.

Fantastic company that cares for its people

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-CULTURE is important and drives results at Meltwater -Those who work hard will be successful and will be generously compensated - You will genuinely enjoy coming to work everyday and will learn a lot fast - Young people are given a great deal of responsibility and will grow personally and professionally

Cons

There are very little cons I've found in my 4 years here. Like any job you want to be successful at - you will work very hard. It's a steep learning curve at the beginning, but what you gain from your work is well worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in talented, smart, energetic people!

Fast-paced, energetic, fun

Pros

Lots of energy, fast-paced environment, young co-workers, amazing work culture, opportunity to make a lot of $ at a young age

Cons

Work-life balance can be challenging at times but you will see your hard work pay off quickly.

Client Acquisition

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Hands down the people are the best part of the company. Highly motivated, intelligent, and fun. Very helpful. -Meltwater looks for well-rounded candidates. As long as you are willing to take feedback, you will succeed.

Cons

-Client Acquisition is almost completely sales centered. Be confident that this is the type of role you want to learn.

Advice to Management

-Good opportunities to get to Management role as long as you are consistent with your targets and show leadership.

9. Accelerated career path for hard working, ambitious, & outgoing people. Not the job for your ordinary college graduate

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No other company puts so much belief in young people. Having been with Meltwater for nearly 6 years, I've had the opportunity to work in 3 different cities on the east coast and manage some of our most talented new hires. The job at any level of the management program is never "easy" - in fact, it can get hectic at some times. However, it is the people you work with and the office culture that make it all worth it. It's said that if you find a job you love you never have to work a day in your life and I feel as though my career with Meltwater has never been a "job" but more an adventure.

Cons

As with many sales jobs, there are highs and lows. People who cannot separate emotions from their work might find it tough to deal with certain set backs.

Advice to Management

Keep on investing in management training! The programs we've done over the past year have been really helpful!!

10. Fun and fast paced company to work for in SaaS

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meltwater offers a strong collaborative work environment. With a huge emphasis on culture in individual offices and across the company. Culture and people here at Meltwater are what drive success and make coming to work every day enjoyable. Those who are willing to put in the hard work will find personal success and great career opportunities in management early on in their career.

Cons

Work/Like balance can be tricky (particularly early on and at times of promotion) but the additional time put in is well worth it both in career opportunities and compensation.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop your employees both in management and industry education.

Better than business school

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Meltwater Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- You get exactly how much you put in. If you work hard and stick it through, you will have excellent growth opportunities at a very fast rate - You're constantly challenged and put outside of your comfort zone (people afraid of being outside your comfort zone, this is not for you) - You get access to the inner workings of the business and exposure to high level company execs very early in your career - Inspiring people! The company is great at hiring smart, hardworking people. You'll not only be surrounded by new friends but also people you can learn from

Cons

- Constant change. Not easy for everyone to manage, but once you know what to expect, it actually keeps things exciting. - Internal communications, something that the company has struggled with for a while but actually improving now

Advice to Management

-Training has always been something to improve on. Not everyone has the same methodologies and training process

RSS Feed </> Embed