Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga)

www.memorial.org
  www.memorial.org

Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) Reviews

Updated December 1, 2014
Updated December 1, 2014
2.6

Ruth Brinkley
1 Rating

It's not terrible, I feel like they do try, and I fear things are worse at other hospitals in our area

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They are trying to become a magnet hospital which if they get, nurses will have a greater voice! We do get minimal pay raises....my personal manager is good- work around school schedule well- people overall seem to like this faith based hospital and it has a caring atmosphere

Cons

Opportunities to advance are for bachelor degree nurses- not all mgmt is good, I'm just lucky. Overworked and underpaid. Tennessee nurses need a union so we can have proper representation. Keep adding more and more for one RN to do on the job. Poor documentation system, for crying out loud spend some of your millions on a up to date documentation system, we need off this DOS system!!!! Not putting money where it's needed, but instead into more buildings (show) and have to park a mile away, in a dangerous area! Fine you $100 for parking anywhere else!!! They need a parking garage that employees can park in, invest money into that!!!

Please take care of your nurses and get us our new EPIC documentation system! That would decrease our documentation time and therefore increase our patient satisfaction scores by allowing us to spend more time at the bedside! I would pay money out of my paycheck annually to pitch in towards a parking garage for employees, and I think others would be willing to do this as well! We need an on site gym! Here we are healthcare yet we can't exercise at an onsite facility in all the money recently spent on the hospital!? Please and thank you

Not employee friendly

Current Employee - ER Tech in Hixson, TN
    Current Employee - ER Tech in Hixson, TN

I have been working at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You have the protection of CHI funding, so its low on lay offs. because of its magnet hospital accreditation its has very good patient care.

Cons

very high turn over. big racial issues and verbal slander. Ive been called colored twice and nothing was done to the nurses. Memorial was a good place when the catholic nuns was over the hospital now its not a good environment

Intern

I worked at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The hospital is expanding and growing in the community of Chattanooga, Tennessee and has a large campus with opportunities for growth

Cons

Every large organization has their own culture. I would not say it is bad, just different. This is a large organization. So you must know if you thrive in a large or small organization.

Continue to train staff.

Management and staff are liars and backstabbers.

Former Employee - CNA in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - CNA in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) part-time (less than an year)

Pros

New north tower to work in.

Cons

Employees pretend to be your friend but will back stab you in a heartbeat. HR doesn't investigate matters they only take one persons side of the story (whoever complains first). The managers are two faced and the turnover is very high. Complaining to the CEO or Vice president does nothing because all they care about is profit. The company spouts compassion and excellence but it fails to show their employees these core values. It's sad that an organization that professes the teachings of Jesus Christ are far far from them, instead they deceive and destroy like their adversary Satan.

Requirements for management should be compassion and excellence practiced in real life. They should not be cast sexist or religious judgement on those that don't share the same religious beliefs.

Good experience- great hospital

Former Employee - Project Exe in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Project Exe in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work environment and good culture

Cons

CHI- the parent company in Denver

Be more consistent

Great for patients, not so much for employees

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ample opportunities for overtime, strong commitment to the patient and their wellbeing.

Cons

The unit nurses tend to be "clique-y" which is also noted by the physicians to be detrimental to care. While the hospital strives to excel in patient care, they fail to excel in employee retention and care. They do not follow their own mission statement when it comes to their employees. They do not value a job well done or loyalty.

Stop showing favoritism to friends versus your regular employees. Treat employees as you treat your patients, value them for what they do for you.

Not bad...Not good

I worked at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga)

Pros

There are good people that work at Memorial.

Cons

Management does not live by the core values that they want and expect the associate employees to live by. They are outsourcing every department except the nurses of course. However, nurses were leaving left and right due to the way they were being treated and also to the way they were overworked and understaffed.

Apply the core values to your managerial practices towards the employees under your supervision.

Great learning experience.

Former Employee - Surical Case Prep Tech in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Surical Case Prep Tech in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Memorial Health Care System (Chattanooga) full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great place if your a patient.

Cons

Not allow to express feelings or concerns privately

Be more srlective in your hiring of management