Memorial Hermann Healthcare

Memorial Hermann Healthcare Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Memorial Hermann Healthcare President and CEO Daniel J. Wolterman

Daniel J. Wolterman

Pros
  • Tread the staff like professionals with a real work life balance(in 4 reviews)

• Work/Life balance, relaxed work environment, benefits if you don't mind only going to memorial hermann(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Employee satisfaction surveys are a joke(in 5 reviews)

• Health insurance package shrinks everytime(in 5 reviews)

85 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good workplace, awesome vision!

Pharmacist II (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe organization is forward thinking and seems to stay on the cutting-edge of the ever changing world of healthcare. There are lots of opportunities to grow as a professional.

ConsIt is a very large organization and there is always competition among other employees as well as other hospital or healthcare systems. Things are always changing, so be flexible.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay engaged with your employees on every level.

This is one of the best companies that I have worked for.

Security Officer I (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsReliable, large enough to allow for growth and advancement, compassionate, has a variety of jobs to choose from, will not discriminate.

ConsIt will take a long time to be hired! The recruiting staff is very busy and the hireing processs will take upwards of 3 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementForm a panal of experts from variety of departments to address issues in the system.

Overall my experience was great

Secretary (Former Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsI worked night shift which moved at a slower pace than day shift and paid more. I always felt secure at work. Management wasn't there at night but coworkers were helpful. I liked my job. It was easy and rewarding. The only reason I left was to stay at home with my children.

ConsI did not find many cons with this job. Sometimes I needed to reach management about an issue and being on night shift it would have to wait. Also there were times when I had to work a lot of weekends and holidays because a fellow coworker refused and I felt like they got preferential treatment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more available for night shift. Don't provide preferential treatment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My overall experience was positive. There are many opportunities to evolve and grow your practice.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsEasy to change to other areas of nursing if your life changes (like childbirth).

ConsThe technology does not work efficiently from department to department and causes double work.

Advice to Senior ManagementExamine avenues to streamline technological websites frequently used.

n/a

Healthcare Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood hours and diversity. easy commute to work and the benefits are okay

Consno career growth, poor management

Great Company

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMemorial Hermann Healthcare System offers competitive wages, good benefits, and generally supportive management system. The culture is positive, with a major emphasis on customer service.

ConsWhile the culture emphasizes much on customer service, there are times when this gets out of hand and it becomes difficult to fill the role of RN. Scripted customer service interaction isn't always a good thing; but corporate see's it differently.

Awesome working environment

Director (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat people and a great place to work

ConsLong hours. I work long hours to get my work done.

Great Employer

Office Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPositive experience while employed there.

ConsWage increases for employees need attention

Advice to Senior ManagementWage increases need attention

Great opportunities in the Houston area

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsA progressive health care provider

ConsAntiquated views on today's families. fails to provide equal benefits to non-traditional families.

Advice to Senior Managementfall on the right side of history. Don't wait until your court ordered to do so. Show you care for all of your employees and families.

Good place to work

Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsInsurance and Paid time off.

ConsLong shift. I work 12 hour Shifts

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice

Worked for Memorial Hermann Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!