Memory Lane Reviews

Updated June 22, 2014

2.8

Memory Lane President Harold Zeitz
Harold Zeitz

Extremely friendly people, great stack for ambitious developers.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Memory Lane full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities for developers interested in bleeding edge technologies to take ownership and thrive. Management were friendly, encouraging and recognized good work when they saw it. Co-workers were very friendly and functioned great as a team.

Cons

Layoffs during my employment made me at times uncertain of my job stability. However the management in my department persevered despite some rather challenging circumstances.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Formerly Classmates.com

I have been working at Memory Lane

Pros

I was welcomed with open arms and people were very willing to hear me out when it came to SEO and following the rules of the search engines.

Cons

The website has/had so much potential to drive traffic from SEO but instead allowed office politics to get in the way of progress despite my best efforts to bring the teams together.

Great people makes it worthwhile

I have been working at Memory Lane full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the smartest people I've worked with & an innovative/open environment. Collaboration is encouraged along with a sense of open/full disclosure. Lots of well tenured employees speaks for itself.

Cons

Old school leadership thinks employees are only productive in the office. Flexible hours & working from home are frowned upon.

Reward & apreciate your team & they will work hard for you. I don't want to leave Classmates but it's hard to stick around year after year when the pay isn't competetive. Also, don't lose the perks! Extra days of & early out makes all employees happy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good money, good work, but it didn't matter

Former Employee - Forecast Analyst  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Forecast Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Memory Lane as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I got paid well over my market value (likely because they needed to hire someone to fill in fast). The work was decently interesting.

Cons

Not a lot of innovating to do things better and a lot of waste in what gets done. The statistics I ran didn't actually get used except as a conversation starter where the business owners would say what they thought the numbers should be. Surveys of customers get done, and then no one pays attention.

Also, if you listen to the earnings calls you will know that this part of the company is not doing so hot.

I found the people were great and the coding practices were excellent

Former Employee - J2EE Developer  in  Renton, WA
    Former Employee - J2EE Developer in Renton, WA

I worked at Memory Lane full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, to work with and good management. They have a solid Java tech tool set, Spring, Maven etc. Lots of extra days off, it was a hard decision to leave.

Cons

Long term outlook looks kind of grime with the other social services. For me, the move to downtown Seattle was a minus, but I would bet it is a plus for man others.

Keep trying to find innovative ideas.

It used to be fun

I have been working at Memory Lane

Pros

I like the people I work with.

Cons

Office location-the office used to be in Renton and that was GREAT. Now we are in Seattle by 1 restaurant and nothing else. We moved here because of the spaciousness of the office and then they laid off a bunch of people and have done that a few more times.
    Evey year, even if you do a screaming great job, the raises are a slap in the face.

Get a grip

Fun place to work, but no recognition when it's due.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Memory Lane

Pros

Flexible work environment & open communication.

Cons

No monetary recognition. The company is willing to hire new employees at competitive rates, but not to recognize existing ones when review time comes around.

Keep up the good work!

Trying turn business around in a difficult market but with great people!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Memory Lane

Pros

latest technology stack and best people around!

Cons

yet to see the turnaround

Tech department is a good place to work, but lagging behind

I have been working at Memory Lane

Pros

The tech department is friendly and fun, but ends up lagging behind the latest and greatest. Overall, a good place to work and they treat the engineers with a lot of respect and don't micro manage.

Cons

Doesn't exactly have a great reputation with the tech community and they tend to scatter attention sometimes making it difficult to complete a project the right way.

My employment experience with Classmates.com was mediocre at best.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Memory Lane

Pros

Competitive wages, great hours of operation from a Call Center/CSR standpoint, basic functions of the position are relatively easy to learn and customer inquiries/concerns are standard for about 95% of all calls.

Cons

Negative environment, direction from upper management is unclear and lacks structure. Membership expectations in regards to auto renewal and cancellation are in fine print and company contact info for consumers is hard to locate on the website. With a "no refund" policy in place most customer calls are aggressive and end with a loss of future revenue.

Offer more focus on Customer Relations. In order to provide a successful, positive customer and employee experience, CSR's should be allowed to guarantee satisfaction by offering refunds on a consistent basis - A positive environment is a productive environment.

Worked for Memory Lane? Contribute to the Community!