Men's Wearhouse Reviews

• Columbus, OH Area
2.7
Men's Wearhouse President and CEO Douglas S. Ewert
Douglas S. Ewert

1. Not a bad job, but the company is going downhill...

Current Employee - Wardrobe Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Wardrobe Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Men's Wearhouse

Pros

Great people (I have worked in several stores over many years), decent money, fun work environment, nice discount.

Cons

Crappy hours (45+ all over the place) Money isn't that great. Always work weekends and holidays. The Company is headed in the wrong direction: they no longer put employees first since George Zimmer left.

Advice to Management

Focus on what's really important! Taking care of the people who really run your business; the face of MW is the people at the point of sale. And they aren't happy.

2. Upper management no longer cares about the employees, only the bottom dollar.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Men's Wearhouse full-time

Pros

Co-workers are like family. We have fun together - lots of laughes. Fairly flexible scheduling if you have something going on outside of work..

Cons

Pay is degrading for what is expected of you - below poverty wages even for some full-time employees. Promotions are given to unqualified people. Health insurance used to be very good but is now a joke.

Advice to Management

Your employees are the ones on the front lines - facing the customers everyday. You need to take care of them! Better pay, better insurance and don't forget raises (they no longer seem to exist)! George Zimmer cared about us, Doug Ewert does not. He only cares about making the investors happy.

3. Used to be better

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Men's Wearhouse full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Potential to make money, flexibility.

Cons

Upward mobility, support of upper management

Advice to Management

George Zimmer's philosophy worked well, it would be nice if they stuck to it.

5. Great place to work, I guarantee it.

Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Men's Wearhouse

Pros

If you work hard you can be promoted. They promote from within. It's a great work atmosphere with a good clientèle. The Men's Wearhouse always provides the opportunities to increase your earning potential with special promotions and special commission structures. The pay the best in the industry.

Cons

Retailer's hours are always hard during the holiday season and because of the recent economic conditions, the Sturday hours have been extended o 9 pm on Saturdays. This is very unpopular with the employees, but we will see how many they loose by this summer. During prom season the tux business gets to be a little hectic.

Advice to Management

Don't be greedy. We will work hard for you just don't loose sight of what has brought us to this point.

Men's Wearhouse Photos