Menasha Packaging Reviews

3.5
Michael K. Waite

1. Project Manager

I have been working at Menasha Packaging full-time

Pros

Quickly growing family company, increasing number of sales opportunities within the Chicagoland area.

Cons

Fast pace in acquisition diminishes the opportunity to work elsewhere in the industry. They've bought up the smaller sized options in the area, what happens when I want to leave the company? I must leave the industry.

Advice to Management

Being family owned, you'll find family members peppered throughout. So glad that they're all qualified!!

2. Strong Union

Current Employee - Die-cut Operator in Bensalem, PA
    Current Employee - Die-cut Operator in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Menasha Packaging full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been employed with the company for several years. The opportunity for promotion is always there if you are a diligent worker with a willingness to kesrn

Cons

Nature of the beast. The vacation days you receive over time. This is normal in manufacturing

3. Technical Analyst

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Edwardsville, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at Menasha Packaging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Allowed to work on projects without being micromanaged,

Cons

Some individuals are difficult to work with on a normal basis.

5. Executive Assistant

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Neenah, WI

I worked at Menasha Packaging

Pros

Great working environment; caring supervisors/leadership; excellent pay scales; privately owned; bonuses; flexible working hours; encourages community involvement and matches donations when you do participate; tuition reimbursement

Cons

Insurance - keep in mind that they need to negotiate to keep costs down for not only the employees, but the company as a whole as well

Advice to Management

This is a very fast paced, growing company. Sometimes the management needs to take time to focus on the needs of the lower level employees and recognize their efforts, especially the backbone of the company - the warehouse workers.

I'd never go back, and have advised others to not even apply.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

I worked at Menasha Packaging full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I gained a lot of experience in the supply chain and packaging/manufacturing industry.

Cons

Where do I start? The management at the Edwardsville location (formerly Rand Diversified, LLC) are all rude and disrespectful. They believe that the only way to motivate their employees is through intimidation and negative criticism. Menasha lost a lot of core Rand employees because of the attitude of their management staff. This team is very good at putting on a front for upper management and clients who are visiting their facility.

Advice to Management

Your management represents your facility as a whole, and gives your company the reputation that will stick with people for years to come. Many new-hires feel that they were "tricked" into accepting their position, only to find out the true colors of your staff once they became acclimated to the company. I have the following recommendations:

- Do a clean sweep of all management who formerly worked for Rand Diversified. Evaluate their attitudes and take corrective action. The way they treat and speak to their employees and fellow associates is unacceptable. The intimidation makes non-management employees feel powerless and scared to take their worries and complaints to the next level.

-Privately interview several non-management employees to gauge their feelings on their managers. Show them that they can trust that your conversation is confidential, and make sure you don't break that trust.

-Allow your employees the tools that they need to succeed and advance within your company. This is one of the many reasons why I resigned from Menasha. I felt like I was stuck in my job, without the option to advance to provide better opportunity to myself and my family. If you don't show your employees the appreciation that they deserve, they will go to a company that will value them.

7. I have liked my job so far.

Current Employee - Shipping Clerk in Muscatine, IA
    Current Employee - Shipping Clerk in Muscatine, IA

I have been working at Menasha Packaging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people is one reason i stay.

Cons

The pay is could be better.

8. Menasha Premier Supplier & Manufacturer of Packaging, POP Displays, custom supply chain logistics and solutions.

I worked at Menasha Packaging full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best designers and producers of POP Displays, Corrugated packaging components, the are a full service supply solutions driven company.

Cons

They have no weaknesses only strengths.

Not a great time to be at Menasha.

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I worked at Menasha Packaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- My pay was on par with the industry average given my experience.
    - Amenities at our location were very convenient. (dry cleaning, gym, salon)

Cons

- The work I did was not the job I was hired to do. 50+ hour weeks, zero overtime.
    - No real room for advancement.
    - Management let's the office run wild. Darts and rubberbands thrown around the office.

Advice to Management

-There needs to be some work life balance. Bringing pizza in once a month just doesn't cut it.
    - Ask for employees opinions. I know we were always swamped but it felt like our concerns were falling on deaf ears.
    - Bring professionalism to the office.

10. I feel lucky to have found Menasha!

I have been working at Menasha Packaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing tremendously and aims to be very innovative in their approach to packaging and displays. There are lots of opportunities for professional development with the tools they give you, and it is encouraged to return to school to further your education (and there's education reimbursement)!

The culture with the teams I have worked with is all very positive and the family values the company prides itself on run deep. Also, there are many minor benefits that make the day-to-day fun including wellness challenges, great coffee machines, chair massages, etc.

Cons

Overall, I haven't run into too many cons with the company. However, one thing that is good but sometimes bad is the amount of longevity some of the employees have. It's great because it shows that Menasha is a great place to build a long-term career, but sometimes you run into employees that don't want to change because "they have done it this way for 20 years". I think this mindset is changing though as Menasha continues to grow.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Although, it would be nice to see more women in management roles.

This place is no good, do not go here unless you want you lose your job they are a slave fatory and dont respect anyone!

I have been working at Menasha Packaging

Pros

You learn how to be trained cheaply on any equipment!

Cons

You have to be there all the time seems like theres no life outside of this job, they are self centered!

RSS Feed </> Embed