Menchie's Reviews

Updated September 8, 2014
Updated September 8, 2014
3.4

Amit Kleinberger

Pros
  • You get free yogurt every shift you work (in 8 reviews)

• good pay, great people, laid back yet efficient environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Not many people want frozen yogurt when it is cold (in 3 reviews)

• They expect fake enthusiasm 24/7 and it's very cheesy and degrading (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

I worked at Menchie's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Of course you could eat all the yogurt you and your stomach desires. Easy job, made good friends.

Cons

Yogurt of course could get messy.

Rarely have bad days! But it depends on your franchisee.

Current Employee - Shift Leader
    Current Employee - Shift Leader

I have been working at Menchie's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone apart of the staff are close together inside and outside work. The franchisees are open to suggestions to the store and are quick with promotions and raises when they are earned. Overall, it is an easy job if you are a people person.

Cons

Corporation does limit our abilities to give the community some of the things that they want to see in our store, but it is necessary to keep a consistent customer experience world-wide. One of the biggest issues in my specific store is that the scheduling is not always fair and efficient.

Better training would be key to better customer experiences.

Horrible

Current Employee - Mixologist  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Mixologist in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Menchie's as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, ok leadership, decent time-off policies, awkward training videos

Cons

Horrible company values, dissatisfied with work-life balance, and office culture

FIX ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED PROBLEMS ASAP!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible

Current Employee - Mixologist  in  Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Mixologist in Warren, MI

I have been working at Menchie's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free yogurt every shift, and ok pay.

Cons

Working here is degrading. All workers have to wear a pink apron and a lime green shirt. It's a feminine and childish place, and you're forced to act happy all the time. It's cheesey and pathetic. It's a failed attempt at a frozen yogurt place. Boring as boring gets. You have to get to the store 2 hours before opening, and then it takes about an hour and a half to close. Terrible job if you want a life.

Manager

I worked at Menchie's full-time

Pros

The owners and the staff were amazing to work with. Hard work and dedication can lead to promotions very quickly.

Cons

The guest can make work really stressful and annoying. Late nights and weekends also make the job less enjoyable.

No opportunity for advancement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Encino, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

I worked at Menchie's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free yogurt in the office, great office culture for young people, lots of interaction with great people in the lower ranks and franchisees

Cons

Very poor leadership with lack of experience, no room for advancement (one would think that a young company in extreme growth would be great for advancement), senior management would rather overwork people than promote, hire help, or even give raises

Recognize great people in your ranks.

Serving smiles daily.

Current Employee - Shift Leader  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Menchie's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Menchie's employees display courtesy, determination, and team work skills. This provides an upbeat yet stress free environment. Menchie’s also takes pride in cleanliness. Opportunities to climb the ladder within the company are very attainable by displaying outstanding performance with assigned responsibilities as well as exceeding expectations.

Cons

Depending on store size, it may take a while after closing hours to fully clean the store and prepare it for the following day.

I absolutely love being a shift leader at menchies. Working there hardly feels like work at all. The customers we see on a regular basis are friendly in response to the smiley atmosphere the team members and management provide within our doors. There are many regulars I encounter who know us by name and feel comfortable striking up casual conversations with us. All in all, very proud to have the Menchie's name tatooed on my employment history, should I ever need it as a reference in the future.

Too much work for minimum wage

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Menchie's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Meeting nice people, free frozen yogurt

Cons

Heavy lifting, closing and opening shifts are extremely strenuous on the body and back. One employee is left outside alone to stack up patio furniture late at night. No raises. $7.25 if you're a team member. Owners spy on you with the cameras throughout the store and call if you're doing something wrong. Very stressful job.

Good for a first job

Current Employee - Mixologist  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Mixologist in Miami, FL

I have been working at Menchie's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing team and staff. Fun job. Good pay. Not so much work. Good for a first job.

Cons

No opportunity to move up within company. Worked there for two years and stayed at minimum wage being paid as a regular employee when I held a key and took responsibility of manager-like tasks.

Fantastic company to work for!

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Friendswood, TX
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Friendswood, TX

I worked at Menchie's full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Company and the Owners are very hands on and make work fun to go to everyday. They are always there for you and you know that you will have support from them. Great concept and product. The work environment is very worker friendly and you get great satisfaction working there.

Cons

The only con of working there I found was the pay for Team Leaders (General Manager). It's a great place to work at but to keep good management they have to raise their pay for top management.

Keep doing what you are doing. The only thing is compensation for Team Leaders.

Worked for Menchie's? Contribute to the Community!