Menchie's

menchies.com

Menchie's Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Amit Kleinberger

Pros
  • You get free yogurt every shift you work(in 8 reviews)

• good pay, great people, laid back yet efficient environment(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Not many people want frozen yogurt when it is cold(in 3 reviews)

• They expect fake enthusiasm 24/7 and it's very cheesy and degrading(in 2 reviews)

Serving smiles daily.

Shift Leader (Current Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsMenchie's employees display courtesy, determination, and team work skills. This provides an upbeat yet stress free environment. Menchie’s also takes pride in cleanliness. Opportunities to climb the ladder within the company are very attainable by displaying outstanding performance with assigned responsibilities as well as exceeding expectations.

ConsDepending on store size, it may take a while after closing hours to fully clean the store and prepare it for the following day.

Advice to Senior ManagementI absolutely love being a shift leader at menchies. Working there hardly feels like work at all. The customers we see on a regular basis are friendly in response to the smiley atmosphere the team members and management provide within our doors. There are many regulars I encounter who know us by name and feel comfortable striking up casual conversations with us. All in all, very proud to have the Menchie's name tatooed on my employment history, should I ever need it as a reference in the future.

Too much work for minimum wage

Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsMeeting nice people, free frozen yogurt

ConsHeavy lifting, closing and opening shifts are extremely strenuous on the body and back. One employee is left outside alone to stack up patio furniture late at night. No raises. $7.25 if you're a team member. Owners spy on you with the cameras throughout the store and call if you're doing something wrong. Very stressful job.

Good for a first job

Mixologist (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsAmazing team and staff. Fun job. Good pay. Not so much work. Good for a first job.

ConsNo opportunity to move up within company. Worked there for two years and stayed at minimum wage being paid as a regular employee when I held a key and took responsibility of manager-like tasks.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic company to work for!

Team Leader (Former Employee) Friendswood, TX

ProsThe Company and the Owners are very hands on and make work fun to go to everyday. They are always there for you and you know that you will have support from them. Great concept and product. The work environment is very worker friendly and you get great satisfaction working there.

ConsThe only con of working there I found was the pay for Team Leaders (General Manager). It's a great place to work at but to keep good management they have to raise their pay for top management.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. The only thing is compensation for Team Leaders.

Good, but highly depends on your store manager.

Team Member (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsFriendly customers, flexible hours for the most part, free yogurt!

ConsSometimes management is a bit pushy, but it's understandable.

This is a great company that really values its employees.

ProsAlthough it can depend on the franchisee, in my experience I have found Menchie's to be a very close knit workplace. I am a store manager and my store's franchisees and I work closely together to develop a family atmosphere amongst our employees.

ConsSometimes corporate policies conflict with local store agendas.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people. Most times if you are having issues with retaining or finding good employees it may be best to look inward. Make sure you are staying open to the needs and desires of your team and that you are treating them well. After all they are your guests just as much as your customers are.

not worth your time

Shift Leader (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosthere really are any good things about working at menchies. they promote fast but that is only because they cant keep employees.

Consthe company doesnt appriciate their employees, mainly the locations in Houston Texas. Andy and Andrew dont respect their employees at all and that is why they have all the problems they have with their stores. everyone is either over worked 40+ hours a week or you get one shift a week 5 hours.

Advice to Senior Managementclose down and move on. you management sucks

Fast Promotion!

District Leader (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexible schedule, great people. I had fun!

ConsThere is nothing negative to report

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

You probably won't have a "smiley day"

Mixologist (Current Employee)

ProsIt's a decent place to meet new people (visitors) and if you're lucky enough to get a shift lead you can lock yourself in the office all day and call that work.

ConsIt was a very uptight job. The store owner was young, and always flaunted his money and wanted to hang out with his employees... this lead to favoritism and A LOT of store drama... I just wanted to work.
    At one point I said to one of my coworkers that she was a cool person and we should hang out outside of work (I am also a girl, and just thought I would be friendly).. She took me aside and said, "this is just a job, just focus on making money.. we don't need to be friends." It seems like everyone I met who worked there was not very friendly at all... and they company brags about their friendliness... weird.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more professional. Let your workers take home the tips they earned that day.
    If 2 of us bust our butts on a shift and earn 50% of that months tips.. we don't want it to be shared with the entire staff based on hours.. that isn't fair!

Fun, Friendly place to work!

Shift Leader (Current Employee) Shoreline, WA

Prosgood pay, great people, laid back yet efficient environment

ConsNot much down time!

Worked for Menchie's? Contribute to the Community!